St Johnstone vs Dundee FC - 02/09/23

22 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Ha ha, back to bottom of the league you bunch of morons.

Thank you.

We had to hit the bottom sometime, You of all people should know you have to hit rock bottom before any recovery can begin!

Are you still in Jericho??

Stay safe , 

6 minutes ago, Center half said:

We had to hit the bottom sometime, You of all people should know you have to hit rock bottom before any recovery can begin!

Are you still in Jericho??

Stay safe , 

Perth FC down with the dayglo's next season.

That's what I'm hoping for.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Perth FC down with the dayglo's next season.

That's what I'm hoping for.

Thank you.

Good your speaking to people Biggy! Memory might come back again you forgot the "Glory" in the middle there though !

Just a wee  reminder they are  technically below you right enough ?

Keep talking though ,  

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I almost forgot.  I’m humbled that someone would take the time, effort and money to create a banner just for us.  Or are you going to disappoint me and say you’ve got a banner ready for most teams that visit McDiarmid? 

92C24835-CBCA-4941-974A-2E5D47E7CB0C.jpeg

Im fairly certain they do make a banner for every match tbf.

28 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I almost forgot.  I’m humbled that someone would take the time, effort and money to create a banner just for us.  Or are you going to disappoint me and say you’ve got a banner ready for most teams that visit McDiarmid? 

92C24835-CBCA-4941-974A-2E5D47E7CB0C.jpeg

Another wrong statement from the St Johnstone support too. Do you guys ever fact check?

On 28/10/2022 at 17:35, TxRover said:

Back of the fag pack figures…

Cowdenbeath…5 promotions and 6 demotions (5/6).

Second place shared with Alloa (5/5) and Stranraer (4/6)

Fourth place is a mess…Arbroath (5/4), Brechin (4/5), Livi (6/3), Partick (5/4) and Stirling Albion (4/5).

Ninth place to Accies (4/4), Ayr (4/4), Pars (3/5), Queen’s Park (5/3).

Thirteenth place to Dundee (4/3), East Fife (3/4), Forfar (3/4), Ross Co (5/2) and a special for Stenhousemuir with (3/4*) because their fourth demotion was suspended.

Eighteenth spot to Airdrie United (3/3…but you can argue about adding the missing Airdrieonians promotion that never happened), Dumbarton (3/3), Morton (3/3) and Raith (3/3).

After that it gets annoying and makes my eyes cross…but special mention to Falkirk for one up, two up denied, two down and one down suspended.

Edited by johnnydun

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Another wrong statement from the St Johnstone support too. Do you guys never fact check?

To be fair to them JD there’s a good chance we are probably the first club that comes to their minds when discussing just about any football related matter.  

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

To be fair to them JD there’s a good chance we are probably the first club that comes to their minds when discussing just about any football related matter.  

Yeah, plus in their heads, football history only started about 3 years ago.

15 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, plus in their heads, football history only started about 3 years ago.

It’s just as well they don’t make club pendants with club achievements written on them anymore.  Could you imagine clubs having to make numerous ones depending on what year you were born?  Remember, if any success happened before you were born it doesn’t count - even if it is the big prize.

Edited by Shadow Play

Watched the highlights today and two things came to mind; 

Firstly, Tiffoney’s miss was worse than Rudden’s. 

Secondly, to prove how ridiculous this expected goal stat thing is, apparently the fermers had a higher score than we did from yesterday. Laughably incorrect. 

6 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Secondly, to prove how ridiculous this expected goal stat thing is, apparently the fermers had a higher score than we did from yesterday. Laughably incorrect. 

Worth mentioning thats because our 2nd goal, an open goal shot from about 3 yards, is a 0.9 chance (on Fotmob which is presumably where youre getting this, WyScout has you with a higher xG score).

Remove that and Dundee have a comfortably higher score.

7 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Watched the highlights today and two things came to mind; 

Firstly, Tiffoney’s miss was worse than Rudden’s. 

Tiffoney hit the target.  Rudden didn't. 

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning thats because our 2nd goal, an open goal shot from about 3 yards, is a 0.9 chance (on Fotmob which is presumably where youre getting this, WyScout has you with a higher xG score).

Remove that and Dundee have a comfortably higher score.

I’d assume that McClelland’s header right at the start was reasonably high on the xG score given how close in and central it was. Even Kane’s volley off the bar was a decent opportunity in the scheme of things.

For a game where we were totally shit going forward we did actually end up with four or five decent chances all in.

Just now, Jamie_Beatson said:

I’d assume that McClelland’s header right at the start was reasonably high on the xG score given how close in and central it was. Even Kane’s volley off the bar was a decent opportunity in the scheme of things.

For a game where we were totally shit going forward we did actually end up with four or five decent chances all in.

Fotmob have McClelland at 0.38, as theyll have noted the keeper being directly in front of him and it being a header.

Dundee fans going on about the banner that they DEFINITELY haven't been totally triggered by. "Actually that's factually incorrect 🤓🥸" 🤦‍♂️ stfu 😴

Is that just to distract you from having to talk about the important details? Like the fact your team are bunch of bottle job shitebags? 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

I don't mean this to sound bitter or anything giving the result, but St Johnstone fans really weren't kidding about their team were they? Really, really awful for 80 minutes of that game.

BUT - don't take your chances at this level and switch off at the back and you get exactly what you deserve, so credit to St.J for sticking in. That sort of never-say-die attitude might do them well over the course of the season. They definitely need more quality in though.

I thought we were excellent and played exactly how I thought we would. Beck, Tiffoney, McCowan, Bakayoko and Boateng running the show. When the latter went off and we brought that fucking mule, Rudden, on it all completely changed. I'm not really Ashcroft's biggest fan but I think Docherty missed an opportunity not bringing him on to help the defence out.

I came away from the game really pissed off we conceded so late on but at the end of the day I'd rather come away disappointed to drop 2 points than being scudded and having none. 

Edited by Pens_Dark