St Johnstone vs Dundee FC - 02/09/23

2 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Of course you would. Your entire songbook is devoted to hating Dundee.

We have a song about mead aswell tbf.

43 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Of course you would. Your entire songbook is devoted to hating Dundee.

Well this is clearly nonsense.

On that subject though, I genuinely think dundee are the least vocal support in the league. A few rangers inspired songs apart, I’ve always been surprised at how little noise Dundee fans make.

Hate to say it, but your neighbours blow you away in terms of numbers and noise when they come to McDiarmid.  As you say, it might be related to the team not doing very well over recent years, so this Saturday might be different with a bit of optimism around after a decent start.

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Well this is clearly nonsense.

On that subject though, I genuinely think dundee are the least vocal support in the league. A few rangers inspired songs apart, I’ve always been surprised at how little noise Dundee fans make.

Hate to say it, but your neighbours blow you away in terms of numbers and noise when they come to McDiarmid.  As you say, it might be related to the team not doing very well over recent years, so this Saturday might be different with a bit of optimism around after a decent start.

This is just a poor attempt. I don't know you, but it isn't hard to be better than that. 

It would be interesting to see how St Johnstone numbers would dwindle if they got papped in to the championship. Would there be anyone left?

Genuinely though, I'm looking forward to this weekend. It is a welcome fixture that has a bit more about it than a match against Ross County or Livi.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Agree with this. Even when struggling, Utd always seem to bring a good support through. Pretty sure since they came back up, they have sold out the away end, main and a bit of the Ormond. Given the start to the season and the positivity, I'd expect no less that that from Dundee on Saturday.

Dundee games are better than say County, Livi, Killie etc as bigger crowds and the local aspect, but for me, it's little more than that. Probably behind, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen as being 'big' games. A proper rivalry would need the sides to be vying for league places etc and without trying to noise anyone up, it's been a very long time since you could say Dundee have really 'challenged' Saints in any meaningful way.

I'd be glad if they did as per above, it would add something. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

I feel the We hate Dundee stuff has toned down since 2014 & our first Scottish cup win.

Finally losing your virginity stopped the sexual tension you felt for Dundee. Cute.

59 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Mental this is the big derby in Tayside. The 2 premier city sides battling out whilst the Angus supported side of Dens Road is Fannying about at Morton. 

You'll have the Arbroath derby to look forward to next season. Fermers versus Fisher Folk. Mouthwatering stuff.

3 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Do Saintees have a ppv stream for this? 

Sadly not with it being a Saturday 3pm kick off. Your name suggests international stream may be your requirement. If so, they do but you'd have to subscribe for Saints tv for a month 

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Sadly not with it being a Saturday 3pm kick off. Your name suggests international stream may be your requirement. If so, they do but you'd have to subscribe for Saints tv for a month 

Cheers mate, sadly the Marbella days are a distant memory, a fucking good one right enough. Will be in scotland but unable to make the game so was hoping to get a stream on the go. Nevermind! 

1 hour ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Cheers mate, sadly the Marbella days are a distant memory, a fucking good one right enough. Will be in scotland but unable to make the game so was hoping to get a stream on the go. Nevermind! 

A vpn and subscribe to Saints tv international at £12 for a month.

2 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

A proper rivalry would need the sides to be vying for league places etc and without trying to noise anyone up, it's been a very long time since you could say Dundee have really 'challenged' Saints in any meaningful way.

That 11th placed finish ahead of a dismal Dundee in 12th two seasons ago is really something to be proud of.

Thank You.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

40 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

That 11th placed finish ahead of a dismal Dundee in 12th two seasons ago is really something to be proud of.

Thank You.

The worst St. Johnstone team in at least 15 years and you still managed to finish below them. 

Excited for this one, would probably take a draw considering we won on Sunday but a comfortable win is more than possible. Actually in agreement with the Perth mobs comments above - our support at McDiarmid the last few times has been really disappointing numbers wise, but the last time we were in the league our team and performances dictated that. Hopefully can at least sell out behind the goal but hopefully we can have more. 

2-1 The Derry.