Clyde v Forfar

I’d urge a wee note of caution about the incoming midfielder. Whilst anyone who has been training full time can usually add something to a team at this level (through fitness alone if nothing else) there’s every chance it will end up another 18 year old from the likes of Morton/Thistle/Airdrie etc. I’m not saying such an addition won’t improve us, but I certainly won’t be expecting anybody too prestigious in the door.

12 minutes ago, Davy the Dug said:

Reasonably happy with the second half performance, had we actually had a Rennie or a Leslie I think we could have easily scored 3 in the second half without reply. Forbes was unlucky with the free kick, McCallum absolutely kept Forfar in the match. 

Heard a number of rumours at HT about the incoming attacking midfielder. If true it would really catapult us up the league standings.

Special mention to the Forfar defence who threw themselves to the ground at any given opportunity in the last 20 minutes of the game. Absolutely embarrassing.

What team does this midfielder play for?

1 minute ago, Clyde85 said:

What team does this midfielder play for?

I’m actually looking through the team lines for the Championship matches today trying to see if I can figure something out. The email this morning seemed to suggest that the player would be in the squad for his club today and only Morton and Arbroath seemed short on the bench. Lewis McGrattan at Morton had popped into my head, but it looks as though he’s possibly a bit too involved in their first team to be coming out on loan. Unfortunately, I don’t have too much knowledge of players in the Championship nowadays so I’m pretty unsure as to who else it could be.

43 minutes ago, David W said:

WRT Cameron - Have to disagree. His failure several times to quickly play in Stevenson when on the break, instead dithering and checking back was hugely frustrating. When the roles were reversed, Stevenson played Cameron in brilliantly, for Cameron then to fail to square the ball to an unmarked Scullion at the back post. On the plus side, he stopped getting caught offside when moved centrally.

Edited by bhoonaman
Seem to have deleted the quote

1 hour ago, SReplay said:

I’m actually looking through the team lines for the Championship matches today trying to see if I can figure something out. The email this morning seemed to suggest that the player would be in the squad for his club today and only Morton and Arbroath seemed short on the bench. Lewis McGrattan at Morton had popped into my head, but it looks as though he’s possibly a bit too involved in their first team to be coming out on loan. Unfortunately, I don’t have too much knowledge of players in the Championship nowadays so I’m pretty unsure as to who else it could be.

Keaghan jacobs at arbroath or Blair Alston at thistle 🤔.

No idea how involved these guys usually are tbh, just a shot in the dark looking at todays teamlines. 

1 hour ago, shawfielder said:

What about Kane Rictchie-Holser at Dunfermline, don’t know if he’s been injured, but today’s been the first time he’s been in the squad since May

That a good shout if conditions are

1. championship team

2. attacking midfielder

3. not being released today due to injuries in their team (and in squad for first time this season)

I was thinking Scott Allan from Arbroath

1 minute ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

That a good shout if conditions are

1. championship team

2. attacking midfielder

3. not being released today due to injuries in their team (and in squad for first time this season)

I was thinking Scott Allan from Arbroath

God, can you imagine if a few years ago the possibility of Scott Allan signing for Clyde was mentioned. It could potentially be a shout that.

To be fair I think McLean done the best he can with the players available. Plan was not to concede.  Bring on Scullion and see if we could nick it.

Lack of options or understanding in final third very obvious but we still made some chances in the second half.

Might be where I was sitting but Forfar keeper looked to have pulled of 2 or 3 real quality stops.