Livi v St Mirren

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Top of the league yet four of the seething messes diving in in about 90 seconds. One of them so seething he's banging on about how much he loves Celtic.

Honestly lads. 😀

Another precious little bore that likes to dish it out , but can't take it.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Top of the league yet four of the seething messes diving in in about 90 seconds. One of them so seething he's banging on about how much he loves Celtic.

Honestly lads. 😀

Look guys, let's get this straight, Vincent here is not angry ok, we are. He's cool calm and collected and he's the one having a right good laugh, it is not the other way round. Anyone who is laughing at him needs to stop it right now.

St Mirren are far from Barcelona or Brazil 1970, especially at times under Gus MacPherson. Having said that, in recent times, there are two opposition sides I wouldn’t cross the road to watch, much less pay money to do so. Billy Reid’s Hamilton Accies and Martindale’s Livi.

I’d rather watch cricket.

Not sure what fucked up parallel universe this is where fans of other teams are unnecessarily raging on St Mirren threads, rather than it just being St Mirren fans raging about everything. 

I, for one, welcome our new St Mirren overlords. 

Watched the highlights back and looks like even though Jamieson(?) is stopping Obileye from blocking the header, Obileye is probably still keeping him onside. Think that one falls into the "clever" bucket, if Ayo wants to block the shot he has to get past Jamieson and with VAR you're almost definitely looking at them giving a penalty. 

Disappointing, I wanted to feel hard done by about something. 

15 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Watched the highlights back and looks like even though Jamieson(?) is stopping Obileye from blocking the header, Obileye is probably still keeping him onside. Think that one falls into the "clever" bucket, if Ayo wants to block the shot he has to get past Jamieson and with VAR you're almost definitely looking at them giving a penalty. 

Disappointing, I wanted to feel hard done by about something. 

That's the one I mentioned after the game. He does look to be offside from the replays but hard to tell

For all the talk of us being relegation favourites, but for a 96th minute equaliser, Livi would’ve been joint top of league after playing 4 of last seasons top 6.

It’s another point on the board in what has been an encouraging start to the season.

Edited by crispy

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Just curious here.

What am I angry about?

I can think of at least one thing.

Spoiler

Livingston Football Club is a Scottish professional football club based in Livingston, West Lothian.

Livingston currently play in the Scottish Premiership and were founded in 1943 as Ferranti Thistle, a works team. The club was admitted to the Scottish Football League and renamed as Meadowbank Thistle in 1974, and played its matches at Meadowbank Stadium in Edinburgh. In 1995, the club was relocated to Livingston, West Lothian and renamed after the town.

10 minutes ago, crispy said:

For all the talk of us being relegation favourites, but for a 96th minute equaliser, Livi would’ve been joint top of league after playing 4 of last seasons top 6.

It’s another point on the board in what has been an encouraging start to the season.

Yep, it's gutting conceding a goal in the final min of added time, and coming so close to all 3pts, but sitting on 5pts after playing 4 of last season's top 6 in our first 4 games, only having 1 defeat, in an away game against Sevco, is a decent start for us. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

10 hours ago, Molotov said:

Ffs. We knocked you out the league cup a few weeks ago. Are you still raging about that?

A historical fact. St Mirren were so highly thought of by Barcelona that we were invited to a tournament to open one of their stadiums. We were so damn good that we actually won the Barcelona Cup.

IMG_3740.thumb.png.9d3121e356709b194782e494a7d40216.png

Next time you visit Paisley you should come and see the trophy as I don’t think you are old enough to remember 1991 as you were unlikely not even born. 

IMG_3739.thumb.jpeg.e14d3d281d85ee53af2ed22d9aae92c4.jpeg

In a couple of weeks we play Motherwell again. We look forward to it. Win lose or draw. It’s just a game.

Good luck today.

Hopefully you win and go top of the league.

Then Hibs can come and steal your manager and coaching staff. 😂 

I watched the Well game today, they outplayed Hearts all over the field and defended superbly, well done The Well, just don't be sooo good after the break.

7 hours ago, pozbaird said:

St Mirren are far from Barcelona or Brazil 1970, especially at times under Gus MacPherson. Having said that, in recent times, there are two opposition sides I wouldn’t cross the road to watch, much less pay money to do so. Billy Reid’s Hamilton Accies and Martindale’s Livi.

I’d rather watch cricket.

yes, me too and I bloody hate cricket, watching paint dry is marginally more exciting