Livi v St Mirren

If you can go away to a difficult venue and pick a point up you have to happy.  How Livie do it is beyond me. But have to say you fucked over Tony Fitzpatrick a genuine good guy human being he lost his home and eventually due to money lost his family for putting his life savings into Livie. For that reason. f**k you and your plastic pitch jock of a club. In my humble opinion. 

I've never been quiet about the fact that I actually don't mind St Mirren, came up with us and always been very competitive with us. Fans always been really fair to talk to whenever I've had the chance.

Contrast it with Aberdeen, last home game we had Anderson going off on a stretcher and their fans are signing dig a hole and generally being fairly horrible to a guy with a nasty gash on his head headed to the hospital. St Mirren fans clapping Shinnie off the park is the only comparison I need to make. 

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

I've never been quiet about the fact that I actually don't mind St Mirren, came up with us and always been very competitive with us. Fans always been really fair to talk to whenever I've had the chance.

Contrast it with Aberdeen, last home game we had Anderson going off on a stretcher and their fans are signing dig a hole and generally being fairly horrible to a guy with a nasty gash on his head headed to the hospital. St Mirren fans clapping Shinnie off the park is the only comparison I need to make. 

To be fair they were singing "dig a hole" before they realised how bad it was; they shut up pretty soon after that.

Today would have got football stopped. The midfield weren't in it because they were simply bypassed for 90 minutes and it was very frustrating to watch us just launch balls into channels that we were never going to win. Gogic, for all that his distribution was slack once moved into midfield, was solid at the back once again, unlike Taylor who threw in a horror show performance that would have been been punished by sides that didn't have a 7ft dumpling by the name of Kurtis Guthrie playing up front.

For all that Nahmani got us a goal, his fellow sub Jamieson isn't in the answer at the moment – he's young, raw and trying a wee bit too hard in the occasions that he has come on, as showcased by robbing the ball off Gogic before Livi's opener. I'm certain he has the potential to develop into a good player, as evidenced by the fact that Robinson clearly thinks he has something, but on a game like today I would have much rather have seen us throw on Small further forward for a bit of a chaos factor.

Not reading too much into any Saints performances today. Ultimately we got a point on a day that would have got nothing from a couple of seasons back. Nahmani's finish was a lot better than I appreciated at the time and that can only do his confidence the world of good, but that's as far as praise could probably go from this afternoon.

With regards to Livingston, for all that Mikey Devlin's ear-cupping celebration was bizarre considering not one bit of abuse was thrown his way today, I thought he was fantastic throughout and nullified the threat of Strain and McMenamin – Hibs must regret letting him go. I still don't get the Nouble hype, while Pittman wasn't in the game at all today.

Special mention to Shinnie, glad to see him get a good reception from the Saints supporters when he was stretchered off – unlike the Livingston's fan chants of "dig a hole" towards Olysanya in the first half.

Would be hard to dig a hole on a plastic pitch.

Edited by bishoptonbuddie

13 minutes ago, Durnford said:

To be fair they were singing "dig a hole" before they realised how bad it was; they shut up pretty soon after that.

No we weren't, you've just made that up FFS.

It was 100% obvious right away that he'd landed horrendously badly and there was nothing but concern for the guy.

The only 'dig a hole' chant was directed by Livingston supporters in the corner to Olusanya in the 2nd half.

Why do folk lie about stuff like this?

Edited by djchapsticks

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

No we weren't, you've just made that up FFS.

It was 100% obvious right away that he'd landed horrendously badly and there was nothing but concern for the guy.

The only 'dig a hole' chant was directed by Livingston supporters in the corner to Kiltie in the 2nd half.

Why do folk lie about stuff like this?

I thought Dumford was meaning the Aberdeen fans 

1 minute ago, Lola montez said:

Sportscenes St Mirren team for today 

1. Kiltie 

2. Kiltie 
3. Kiltie 
4. Kiltie 
5. Kiltie 
6. Kiltie 
7. Kiltie 
8. Kiltie 
9. Kiltie 
10. Kiltie 
11. Kiltie 

Noticed this. 'Kiltie's' cross in that Baccus headered but should have left for Kiltie who was hovering was a highlight for me, especially as he correctly called it as McMenamin in the replay.

7 hours ago, NathanDrake88 said:

The best of livi couldn’t beat the worst of st mirren. What a horrible team they are, my eyes are bleeding 

This is so true, I mean one does have to credit Martindale for consistently pulling together a team from minimal resources and driving them to pretty consistent results, just not very good very often, I can't honestly remember seeing an enjoyable match to watch against Livingstone and I blame the pitch for a lot of the crap football that is played on it.