Batshit Mental Away Supporter Rules

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Sometimes a "consultation exercise" actually is just a consultation exercise

Well yeah.... But I think the point remains that a lot of folk were giving it "stop getting your knickers in a twist" when the correct response in these scenrios IMOO is to make your collective voice heard.

On 06/09/2023 at 13:19, Alert Mongoose said:

I didn't have a massive issue with the train/alcohol thing as long as it was used correctly. A few folk having a drink quietly and causing nobody any bother - ignore the rule. Arseholes making the journey uncomfortable for other people - enforce the rule. I don't travel on trains enough to know exactly how it being enforced though?

It a bit like a teacher telling you off for talking.

You stop when they call you out, wait until they aren't looking and then start again.

And that's if you're unlucky enough to have one who's miserable enough to enforce it. It's not worth the hassle to them.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

This is a result that happens when folk open their mouths and speak up. It may have been unlikely to pass, but it was never as inevitable as folk on here were saying that it would fail. This isn't really a dig at the "what are you bothered about...." posts on here, but this still should be acknowledged as a success for ordinary people taking no shite. 

Right, so those who said there's no way that this is happening, have been conclusively proven wrong by the statement that officially confirms there's no way this is happening?

God, I feel such a fool.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Right, so those who said there's no way that this is happening, have been conclusively proven wrong by the statement that officially confirms there's no way this is happening?

God, I feel such a fool.

Thats hardly what I said though, now is it.....

20 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

God, I feel such a fool.

If everyone had just quietly said "there's no way this will happen" rather than expressing their views on it, then it might have happened.

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If everyone had just quietly said "there's no way this will happen" rather than expressing their views on it, then it might have happened.

Yep. This is precisely what I was trying to say, and we'd have had no one to blame but ourselves.