Hearts v Aberdeen 16/9/23 - Whether We Like it or Not

5 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hearts give cause for concern whenever they need to defend a cross ball.

I don't think we're as bad at the back as Aberdeen have looked, but we can lose a goal absolutely any time.

We definitely have the forwards to make hay against this Aberdeen defence, but that requires the right midfield shape to give us an actual attacking strategy. If the midfield is right, I think we win. But that's far from a given.

Tbf we've defended crosses fine this season.   It's all the other stuff that's been pish

22 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

It's bizarre to me that looking at the quality of both squads, the managers who have recently passed their badges (or going through them in Naismiths case) are attempting to play such shite football.

Naismith at pains today to emphasise that nothing has changed at Tynecastle after he has again been made manager. If his team play well and win tomorrow that will prove him wrong.

7 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

We have won at Tynecastle. I remember it.

Not for a wee while....

Just checked. 23 times in my lifetime we've won in the league at Tynecastle. Last time was in 2017. 🤨

I have been fortunate to witness one of the victories. A cold January midweek evening 3-0 victory with Fraser Fyvie scoring. Without checking, I reckon it would be 2010. 

As for tomorrow, I would take a point. 

Edited by STFU_Donny

7 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Tbf we've defended crosses fine this season.   It's all the other stuff that's been pish

Rosenborg and Salonika, mate.

And there have been other close calls.

Kent is an improvement, but we need Halkett back in there.

Must confess to having just had the slightest of pre-train wobbles over my coffee this morning. But I'm definitely going to face the music. Anyway, here we go.

Edited by VincentGuerin

9 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Was you born in 1903?

You'd have got a greenie if you'd said WERE you born in 1903.

I always like to point out that one of the victories I witnessed was us winning the league. How many Jambos on here have seen their team win the league at Tynecastle? They'd have to be as old as @kingjoey or @Jacksgranda

Edited by Suspect Device

After weeks of sporting disappointment (Scotland losing in egg ball and football, a stinking run of Hearts fixtures), I have zero excitement about this. Needless to say I expect a reaction. 

I also expect Rowles to be dropped, but if rumours of Cochrane being out are true he might resurface at left back....

Anyway - Hearts to win, Shankland to score one and set up two on the basis he'll be fired up after another zero minutes call up for the national team 

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

I always like to point out that one of the victories I witnessed was us winning the league. How many Jambos on here have seen their team win the league at Tynecastle? They'd have to be as old as @kingjoey or @Jacksgranda

They nearly won the league at Pittodrie in 1964/65, strolling to  a 3-0 win in the second last match of the season. All they had to do then was avoid a 2-0 home defeat from Kilmarnock, any other result would have given them the title. Alas and alack...

Or, if they hadn't allowed the Dons to score two second half goals in the earlier fixture, making the score 6-3 for Hearts, Kilmarnock would have had to win the last match 4-0 to win the title on goal difference.*

* average

Edited by Jacksgranda

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

They nearly won the league at Pittodrie in 1964/65, strolling to  a 3-0 win in the second last match of the season. All they had to do then was avoid a 2-0 home defeat from Kilmarnock, any other result would have given them the title. Alas and alack...

Or, if they hadn't allowed the Dons to score two second half goals in the earlier fixture, making the score 6-3 for Hearts, Kilmarnock would have had to win the last match 4-0 to win the title on goal difference.

They would have won in 86 as well if it wasn't for them being shite.

200.gif

5 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Unfortunately, we've never officially won the title at Pittodrie. However we have won it twice at Tynecastle, once at Shawfield and once at Firhill.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Positivity - that’s a better team than lined up at tynecastle a few months ago…I think?

It ends there. 

More positivity:

1 - It looks like all players are being played in their best positions.

2 - Morris isn't available.