Hearts v Aberdeen 16/9/23 - Whether We Like it or Not

5 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Hearts are playing a fairly deep line and we keep trying to play it over the top, on a wet pitch.

You're playing a higher level than Scottish Premier League if you're making that.

Zander Clark must have the most touches on the pitch. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

We’ve also been guilty of actually overplaying in our own third and gifting them opportunities. 

Can’t help but feel we’re not getting the best out of clarkson sitting deep and trying to pick long passes. Him and McGrath could definitely link together further up the pitch but not what robson wants. 

Which I'd accept if the playing continues in to the other half. We look to.be playing risky football in our half to drag them.out of shape to go long and as Joey says, it's just going through to Clark.

Good start from us, but we keep failing to pick up the ball in midfield. Every clearance is falling to Hearts. Clancy is having a nightmare and there is no way we are finishing the match with 11 on the pitch. The worst was Shinnie getting taken out at the edge of the box, closely followed by booking Clarkson for stopping a free kick being taken two yards further forward from where the foul took place.

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Which I'd accept if the playing continues in to the other half. We look to.be playing risky football in our half to drag them.out of shape to go long and as Joey says, it's just going through to Clark.

Aye totally agree. I’m sure this plan sounded good in robsons head but reality is we don’t particularly look a threat and we could concede at any moment. 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye totally agree. I’m sure this plan sounded good in robsons head but reality is we don’t particularly look a threat and we could concede at any moment. 

Much the same as McInnes, I'd accept the direct, long ball of we signed the players to play it.

Guys like Rooney, Stockley and Cosgrove were built for that despite being bigger built.

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

Much the same as McInnes, I'd accept the direct, long ball of we signed the players to play it.

Guys like Rooney, Stockley and Cosgrove were built for that despite being bigger built.

“We might get it wrong but we’ll never be confused” cormacks favourite quote. Genuinely lost count of the number of times I’d disagree with it. 

Well, that's a pleasing afternoon, so far.

Dons' agricultural approach has given them heehaw so far and Clancy has given us SFA.

Great to see Boyce on the scoresheet again. Decent display from Hearts. Just hope we can replicate against the big boys of Killie, St Mirren and the Well.