Hearts v Aberdeen 16/9/23 - Whether We Like it or Not

Not really fancying this, but fair to say Naismith needs a reaction.

Appears our injury curse continues with heavy rumours of a bad one for Cochrane,  but not been confirmed.

On the plus side, Beni, Nieuwenhof and Kingsley are all back in full training and available.

Kid gloves with Beni this time though please. 

Edited by Tony Wonder

12 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Not really fancying this

Me neither. But then, there are people in jail, people in hospital, people locked in cupboards screaming and scratching away hoping the neighbours hear them and alert the authorities. Some people are even dead! The real poor souls spend their Saturdays at garden centres.

In the great scheme of things, we are immensely privileged to be able to spend our Saturdays attending disappointing football matches.

I am carrying this thought with me for the rest of the season. I am at peace.

7 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Everyone excited then?

I predict a return to the pub at half-time.

99% sure it’ll be a home win.

Hearts are poor, but we’re worse at the moment, which is some going

Plus this is a fixture where the home team almost always win.

1-0 or 2-0 Hearts

Robson v Naismith - just LOL.  

Both way out of their depth. 

I suppose it will be interesting to see if Robson goes with a back three or a back four. I suspect the former, in which case he can't really stick with Rubezic on the right of the three after the first-half against Hibs. It is surely the middle of the three or nothing for him in that set up, but you could say the same for MacDonald. 

I hope Barron gets another start. I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I thought he was our best player against Hibs and offers the midfield more balance and composure than it has without him. He is a different type of player to Ramadani, but he has the attributes to be a really good facilitator, and it would be a shame not to use him whilst we have him. 

I am expecting a home win since it's Hearts and Aberdeen, but holding out some hope that I will be pleasantly surprised. 

19 minutes ago, Moorie said:

We have been terrible down there for a while now let alone when out of form.

wouldn’t be surprised to see a boring 0-0 both managers keeping it tight 

I'm not sure "tight" is in our repertoire at the moment. We can do the boring negative hoofball bit, just without its usual upside. 

People do realise this run of home wins won't continue forever, aye?

Both teams seem poor. It's anyone's guess. If Hearts lose the first goal, you worry how we break anyone down, even though Aberdeen's defence has also looked grim.

There's no outcome tomorrow (big win either way, narrow win either way, draw) that would surprise me.

Either side could dish out a pasting if the right players turn up in good form, and either side seem likely to have a good collapse in them to me.

Edited by VincentGuerin

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

People do realise this run of home wins won't continue forever, aye?

Both teams seem poor. It's anyone's guess. If Hearts lose the first goal, you worry how we break anyone down, even though Aberdeen's defence has also looked grim.

There's no outcome tomorrow (big win either way, narrow win either way, draw) that would surprise me.

Either side could dish out a pasting if the right players turn up in good form, and either side seem likely to have a good collapse in them to me.

Highly unlikely scenario, imho. And even then you'd probably still win.

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Highly unlikely scenario, imho. And even then you'd probably still win.

Hearts give cause for concern whenever they need to defend a cross ball.

I don't think we're as bad at the back as Aberdeen have looked, but we can lose a goal absolutely any time.

We definitely have the forwards to make hay against this Aberdeen defence, but that requires the right midfield shape to give us an actual attacking strategy. If the midfield is right, I think we win. But that's far from a given.