Hearts v Aberdeen 16/9/23 - Whether We Like it or Not

We were poor first half, but marginally the better team. 2nd we were miles clear. Devlin was outstanding. 

Clancy all over the place. Haring lucky not to get a 2nd yellow, but then his first was an embarrassing decision given what he let slide.

Duk got a final warning, then literally about 80 seconds later clattered a Hearts player and no yellow.

Midfield looked much better today. Delighted to see Boyce get a goal too.

Not just saying this, but that Aberdeen team looks like it has the makings of a relegation scrap outfit about it. No fight, don't look like they know their best shape, threatened nothing and they are soon to have 2 games a week to deal with. Could easily go into the winter months toiling and then once down there it's hard to get out of.

4 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

It’ll be 5 or 6.

The highest ranked team in the competition at home to a shite Scottish team, with a clueless manager.

There is a Stuttgart beer festival on this weekend. Go and get yourself along and have something to enjoy over that trip and thank me later.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

1 minute ago, the jambo-rocker said:

There is a Stuttgart beer festival on this weekend. Go and get yourself along and have something to enjoy over that trip and thank me later.

Germany is the best place for beer & for football fans.

I’ll not be there though. 

I’ll be watching from behind the sofa. 

51 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

We were poor first half, but marginally the better team. 2nd we were miles clear. Devlin was outstanding. 

Clancy all over the place. Haring lucky not to get a 2nd yellow, but then his first was an embarrassing decision given what he let slide.

Duk got a final warning, then literally about 80 seconds later clattered a Hearts player and no yellow.

Midfield looked much better today. Delighted to see Boyce get a goal too.

Not just saying this, but that Aberdeen team looks like it has the makings of a relegation scrap outfit about it. No fight, don't look like they know their best shape, threatened nothing and they are soon to have 2 games a week to deal with. Could easily go into the winter months toiling and then once down there it's hard to get out of.

Aberdeen were reminiscent of the Hearts team that lost to Motherwell only worse

they seem to have no faith in each other, no energy and no confidence in themselves 

By the end of proceedings Hearts seemed unrecognisable from two weeks ago so maybe Aberdeen can turn this round pretty sharpish

I wasn't expecting a lot of quality today and the first half proved me right.

I knew Hearts were shite but f**k me Aberdeen were so bad.

From the off I thought they just played it long, every time the keeper got it. I assume they were trying to put Rowles under pressure but he actually had a good game. Weirdly Hearts responded in kind and despite playing the long ball themselves Aberdeen were extremely shaky at the back anytime we got near.

Second half Hearts were much better with the subs all doing well when they came on. Devlin was like a man possessed and Vargas is a quality player. Forest and the hoff done well.

Who's the black guy Right midfield for Aberdeen? He's won a watch getting a contract!

Ref watch....

Despite others disagreeing I don't think chance got much wrong first half. I thought Haring fouled on the edge of the box for a second yellow but he played on. Duk was deffo fouled and he gave a goal kick!!

I liked the swapped throw as he was stealing 25 yards easy!

Edited by Aylo vanal