UEFA Conference League 23/24

GNU_Linux

I was surprised to discover Greece only ever had 1 finalist before last night (Panathinaikos who lost European Cup to Ajax in 1971); surprising for a larger country with some decent teams in it.

6 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I was surprised to discover Greece only ever had 1 finalist before last night (Panathinaikos who lost European Cup to Ajax in 1971); surprising for a larger country with some decent teams in it.

Terrible record. They've even got B teams in their lower leagues too 😯

13 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Ajax defeating the Athenians was revenge for Athena driving Ajax mad, which caused him to commit suicide. Only took a little over 3,000 years.

Among notable leagues Austria, Bulgaria, Norway, Switzerland and Denmark (unless you count Silkeborg 'winning' an Intertoto Cup in 1996) have never won any trophy... Some not even made SFs.