Minute’s Silence

Dee Man

36 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Compare fan-led applauses during matches with commemoration rituals (either a silence or an applause) before kick off. We definitely feel under more pressure to comply with the latter. That's because its a top-down mandate from the SPFL and normally its due to some political consideration of theirs. 

Pish. 

On 18/09/2023 at 23:03, HibeeJibee said:

Definitely.

Games were even postponed e.g. AEK Athens-Hibs (Thu 13th Sep 2001).

EDIT:

image.thumb.png.f80d43050bc1bab9dc8a757a760e67c4.png

Some were but Dumbarton played Clydebank on the evening of11th September Can’t see that happening now 

2 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

The best ever minute's silence was at Tynecastle at half-time after the Queen's death was announced.

Comedy gold. If anyone could provide a link

You might get it from the link in this tweet - it says 'watch' - I'm not getting a video in the article but I might be region-blocked

3 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Some were but Dumbarton played Clydebank on the evening of11th September Can’t see that happening now 

Mainly because Clydebank can't keep their bottle intact long enough to get out of the WoSFL.

On 01/04/2024 at 12:30, 19QOS19 said:

Did that with the Queen's death. Wouldn't have stood up for a minutes silence for her so decided to enter once it was done on the off chance someone had a go at me for staying seated. Not worththe agro.

I went to rugby (league) at Whitehaven that Saturday when football was in mourning. There was a minute's silence there but given both the demographic of the sport and that part of the world it didn't feel forced at all. I stayed sat on the terrace and wasn't the only one. Nobody batted an eyelid.

3 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Saw them and Pete & Bas in Glasgow last month, great fun!!

Jealous mate! I’d love to catch them but I can’t really see the yanks getting it. Or Norman being allowed on planes.