Inverness' Next Permanent Manager - 2023 Edition - Dodds is Punted YASSS

Who will be Inverness' Next Permanent Manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, virginton said:

They undoubtedly would but why would Imrie want to do the exact same turnaround job, from the exact same point in the pyramid he started at 21 months ago? The limitations of budget are also fundamentally the same now, as all those chickens come home to roost. 

You also have a pretty shite squad, possibly second worst in the division above Airdrie, with delusions of a promotion challenge and top flight football still bouncing around three ends of a ground. It's a poisoned chalice of a gig for any manager IMHO. 

A supporter who’s side signed and is playing Steven Boyd is saying we have a worse side than them.

How far we have fallen

2 hours ago, virginton said:

It's really not comparable to other jobs, as there's a significantly higher chance of getting an enormous increase in wages by making the correct choice of club for your career. An extra £100 a month now isn't going to cut it if you blow a chance to make your name and go south of the border, ending up as a standard, SPFL merry-go-round jobber like Jim McIntyre. 

Well unless you're a moron who makes terrible career choices of course.

It wouldn't be an extra £100 a month though would it. £10000 to £20000pa could be tempting, but reasonable leverage to negotiate a better deal where he is. Significantly higher, and it'd get more tempting.

55 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

A supporter who’s side signed and is playing Steven Boyd is saying we have a worse side than them.

How far we have fallen

There's a common detail in supposedly crap players leaving Caley to go elsewhere and start scoring goals but I can't quite put my finger on it.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

The first paragraph is actually true.  The rest is an issue for the Caley guys and gals to debate at length in Max’s 2.   

Well that's on the embarrassing side of inconvenient for the likes of @Pete the Jakey whose aversion to salad is matched by their fear of words.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

There's no way the The Caley players knew before the game that some random QP player was inelligible. That's fucking mental. QP pissed all over us the whole game. 

Are you going to provide a citation or is it just your opinion on a forum where, at least in some areas of it, opinion is welcome?

19 minutes ago, sophia said:

Well that's on the embarrassing side of inconvenient for the likes of @Pete the Jakey whose aversion to salad is matched by their fear of words.

Are you going to provide a citation or is it just your opinion on a forum where, at least in some areas of it, opinion is welcome?

Are you? I'm not the one who claimed our players knew about the inelligible QP player before the game ended. 

UtdFan in peace ✌️

I’d be very surprised if the very first question that is asked by a Board after a Manager has been sacked isn’t “Who is currently available that we can get for free?”

Absolutely no chance that any/many clubs outside of the Old Firm are in a financial position to pay off their current manager and then pay compensation to another club to take their Manager. 

Sorry to be realistic! 

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Are you? I'm not the one who claimed our players knew about the inelligible QP player before the game ended. 

Whereas you are boldly unequivocal on this matter, if you care to re-read my post you'll find that I merely suggested a scenario.

But hold on, you've already asserted, most likely in the context of the repeating quest for dopamine, that you wouldn't be reading my post. We now know that you lied and more than that, you didn't understand it when you did.

Oh dear.

7 minutes ago, UtdFan said:

UtdFan in peace ✌️

I’d be very surprised if the very first question that is asked by a Board after a Manager has been sacked isn’t “Who is currently available that we can get for free?”

Absolutely no chance that any/many clubs outside of the Old Firm are in a financial position to pay off their current manager and then pay compensation to another club to take their Manager. 

Sorry to be realistic! 

What you say is indeed true for most non OF clubs but this is Inverness - the  freeport & the energy storage project is going to turn them into the championships answer to Man City so paying off Dodds then buying out Imries contract is peanuts for them

3 minutes ago, sophia said:

Whereas you are boldly unequivocal on this matter, if you care to re-read my post you'll find that I merely suggested a scenario.

But hold on, you've already asserted, most likely in the context of the repeating quest for dopamine, that you wouldn't be reading my post. We now know that you lied and more than that, you didn't understand it when you did.

Oh dear.

So 'no' then. 

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

So 'no' then. 

It was very obvious from the post-match communication that there was knowledge earlier in the evening.

The news hit this website shortly after the game concluded, 22:02 if I recall correctly, so it is reasonable to conclude that ICT staff knew much earlier.

The ICT team that performed so much better in the preceding league game against Queens Park were miles away from that performance in the cup game and I walked away despairing about the abject display. In hindsight, we can explain why.

it is reasonable, indeed logical, to suggest that since the news broke within the ICT club much earlier, it influenced the game and unreasonable to frame it as you have.

Or is this another post you won't read?

42 minutes ago, sophia said:

It was very obvious from the post-match communication that there was knowledge earlier in the evening.

The news hit this website shortly after the game concluded, 22:02 if I recall correctly, so it is reasonable to conclude that ICT staff knew much earlier.

The ICT team that performed so much better in the preceding league game against Queens Park were miles away from that performance in the cup game and I walked away despairing about the abject display. In hindsight, we can explain why.

it is reasonable, indeed logical, to suggest that since the news broke within the ICT club much earlier, it influenced the game and unreasonable to frame it as you have.

WxDZ77xhPXf3i.gif

27 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Sorry, is that roaster claiming that someone at The Caley noticed Euan Henderson’s name on Queen’s Park’s team sheet, immediately knew he wasn’t eligible and that it would result in Queen’s being expelled from the competition so communicated to the players and management that they could take it easy, and that’s the only reason that Queens won that game?

That’s absolutely insane. 

No 

Possibly the only sensible pro-Dodds argument is that he leaves with the third highest win percentage of any manager in our history, above your Butchers and your Hugheses etc. Although that falls apart when you consider the level he has been managing us at, it's still more compelling than any that have been put forward so far.

3 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Possibly the only sensible pro-Dodds argument is that he leaves with the third highest win percentage of any manager in our history, above your Butchers and your Hugheses etc. Although that falls apart when you consider the level he has been managing us at, it's still more compelling than any that have been put forward so far.

It'll be that early run where it seemed to be 1-0 to us every week that done it. I'd think it'd have been consistently going down since then.

At least he got out while he still has that.

5 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

It'll be that early run where it seemed to be 1-0 to us every week that done it. I'd think it'd have been consistently going down since then.

At least he got out while he still has that.

Think we won the first 5 games of 21/22 1-0 (after a laughable league cup group where Dodds admitted he hasn't worked with the defence yet). 

I don't think we lost until the 2nd round of fixtures that season. Then of course we went on our annual 'don't win a game from October to February' carry on. 

14 hours ago, sophia said:

img_0962.jpeg

19 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m sure Celtic have previous for demanding exorbitant amounts in training compensation for young players, effectively blocking them from being able to sign for anyone else, despite them clearly having no future at Celtic.

If I’m remembering correctly, I’d be amazed if they didn’t hold out for every penny they can get. 

Nah what we do  is usually get next nothing up front if going to another Scottish club in exchange for higher %age sell on, see Hickey as an example. As for O'dea I would imagine our youth/reserve coaches aren't on long term deals, just your more standard contracts.

Edited by gannonball