Inverness' Next Permanent Manager - 2023 Edition - Dodds is Punted YASSS

Who will be Inverness' Next Permanent Manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wasn't McCann offered the job permanently, but turned it down because he preferred being an agent and punditry to management?

Obviously Robertson stepped away from the job for very different reasons, but surely questions whether he'd want back in now as well?

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Wasn't McCann offered the job permanently, but turned it down because he preferred being an agent and punditry to management?

Obviously Robertson stepped away from the job for very different reasons, but surely questions whether he'd want back in now as well?

Yeah he told the club at the end of 2020/21 he wanted to move back down to the central belt to be an agent. 

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

I've a feeling McCann might get it, don't really know why, I get the impression that he's enjoying the punditry stuff but wants to get back in to coaching. How did he do at ICT when he stepped in?

He did not win a single game in charge until he appointed an assistant to help him.
The assistant was Billy Dodds.

On 19/09/2023 at 16:08, KingBeastie said:

He did not win a single game in charge until he appointed an assistant to help him.
The assistant was Billy Dodds.

Why don't we appoint his assistant Billy Dodds then?

Edited by Jaffa

Robbo out of the running according to Scott Gardiner due to him still having a "job" to do. I still wouldn't be surprised if he's manager till end of the season especially if he gets a couple of results.

There's no doubt its the most important decision a Caley board has made in decades get it wrong Part time football awaits.... get it right we might actually be in the top flight before the end of the decade. 

I believe we have enough to stay up but we need a manager that'll get the best out of these players especially younger ones such as Bray, Harper, Brooks etc etc if we get full or even some potential out of some of the younger ones it can take us up a level.. 

Out of the main runners and riders, Imrie - unless he was totally scunnered at Morton, I don't see him moving. Davidson - be an interesting appointment, the interest being, is he going to have a career in management or will he tank at Inverness as well. McCall - knows how to build a team to get to the top end of the Championship but could be running out of pals to sign that would be useful. 

The rest of that list just screams avoid. 

58 minutes ago, jagfox said:

What does John Robertson actually do at The Caley? 🤔

That is the question that most of us Caley fans have been asking too.

When the role was created I’m sure it was mentioned he was to be in charge of scouting as he seemed to have an eye for a player. But anytime we’re playing he seems to be in Dingwall/Tynecastle doing the radio or whatever. So can’t be much scouting going on 

I think he attends home games but whenever we're away he's in Dingwall for Sportsound or Tynecastle in hospitality. 

I'm fairly certain his job is Monday to Friday so he can do what he wants at the weekend but it's a terrible look for the club. He should be at every first team game imo. 

Just now, TheScarf said:

I think he attends home games but whenever we're away he's in Dingwall for Sportsound or Tynecastle in hospitality. 

I'm fairly certain his job is Monday to Friday so he can do what he wants at the weekend but it's a terrible look for the club. He should be at every first team game imo. 

It’s completely mental if he is on a Monday to Friday but is in charge of scouting football matches that are mainly played on a Saturday. I mean I fully expect Gardiner to have agreed to that but Jesus fucking Christ.

Just now, PB1994 said:

It’s completely mental if he is on a Monday to Friday but is in charge of scouting football matches that are mainly played on a Saturday. I mean I fully expect Gardiner to have agreed to that but Jesus fucking Christ.

It's the only explanation I can think of or else why is he not sat next to Gardiner at away games? 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

It's the only explanation I can think of or else why is he not sat next to Gardiner at away games? 

Yeah, it must be right.

Daft thing is he would have gotten away with it if he wasn’t stupid enough to be live on national radio every second weekend.