Inverness' Next Permanent Manager - 2023 Edition - Dodds is Punted YASSS

Who will be Inverness' Next Permanent Manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

Dougie Imrie would be the sensible option but as it is ICT and their daft CEO in charge they'll go for some ex-Rangers or Hearts player. Maybe Kevin Thomson?

Thomson didn't want our job because of the budget. He then got punted by Kelty who ironically decided they would take over Rovers instead. I feel like Thomson is deluding himself that he should be getting a job with a side who will be a shoe in for promotion. Until then he'll keep on with his current gig.

6 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

In the hypothetical and dramatic but not impossible scenario that Imrie is willing to move to another Championship club because he's tired of working with a tiny budget and this has made him unhappy with Morton's board generally, a move to Inverness would be from the frying pan into the fire.

Their budget is sustained by throwing substantial six figure sums onto a bonfire every year with no plan for how to get spending under control beyond hoping they fluke promotion, which can't last much longer with even the Scottish Cup money from last season going to paying up loans rather than stabilising them for years to come. They're a total shambles off the park and when you consider their real crowds are barely half the size of the fictional attendances they report, they surely can't sustain full-time football much longer.

I don't know what sort of sum Morton would want but seems unlikely Caley will be willing to play it, even ignoring Imrie's willingness or not to move

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I'd love Dougie Imrie as our manager but I think he's about as likely to sign up as Pep Guardiola.

Same. Plus we'd have to fork out cash for the guy which we aren't exactly flush with. It'll be someone out of work.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Same. Plus we'd have to fork out cash for the guy which we aren't exactly flush with. It'll be someone out of work.

Person I spoke to who has a little bit of knowledge about the situation thinks it will be Robertson.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye his first season with us will be enough for people to want him for years now, i think.

Probably similar to how Hughes lived off his Scottish Cup win with you for a while.

Suspect the similarities between the two managers/clubs doesnt end there either.

Davidson at least has a chance of redemption (he hasn't totally destroyed his credibility). He'll get another job at some point, and then we'll see if he's learned. 

Hughes is done though. He might get another job, but would be very surprised if it was a full time team, and he by all accounts thinks he's a Premiership level manager.

It'll be either Robbo, Callum Davidson or Jim Mcintyre I'll be surprised if it's anyone outside that 3, would've inculded Yogi but i highly doubt he's interested in coming back after leaving on bad terms.

I doubt many managers based around the central belt will want to come up here it was a lot easier when we were in the top flight. Now we're bottom of the Championship with a toxic atmosphere surrounding the club. Gonna be hard to convince managers like Ian Mcall, Neil Mcann, Tam Courts or god forbid Neil Lennon to manage us.

8 minutes ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

would've inculded Yogi but i highly doubt he's interested in coming back after leaving on bad terms.

I suspect John “Yogi” Hughes would jump at the idea, given how much he always blabs on about how he loves the Highlands and cycling to work and all that other nonsense he enjoys gurgling. My only concern for him is that I’m unsure if Brian “Chipper” Rice will still be keen to go ahead with 2am hypothetical tactical battles with “Yogi”, but I suppose we’ll wait and see…

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

In the hypothetical and dramatic but not impossible scenario that Imrie is willing to move to another Championship club because he's tired of working with a tiny budget and this has made him unhappy with Morton's board generally, a move to Inverness would be from the frying pan into the fire.

Their budget is sustained by throwing substantial six figure sums onto a bonfire every year with no plan for how to get spending under control beyond hoping they fluke promotion, which can't last much longer with even the Scottish Cup money from last season going to paying up loans rather than stabilising them for years to come. They're a total shambles off the park and when you consider their real crowds are barely half the size of the fictional attendances they report, they surely can't sustain full-time football much longer.

Don't you worry yourself about our finances: we'll simply choose to reach the latter stages of the Scottish Cup again this season to ensure we remain cash rich for another few seasons. Morton will once again have to content themselves with trying desperately to win matches by signing our cast offs and housing away teams in unlit portacabins. 

Imrie would jump at the chance to join us. When The Caley knock, it's a different knock.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

Robbo (rightly) gets a lot of flack at the minute because he’s drawing a salary and nobody knows what his job is. But…

- he’s got a decent record as a manager (including as our manager)

- him becoming permanent manager would presumably mean we  go from three big off-pitch salaries to two (surely we wouldn’t hire another “sporting director”?)

I think there would be worse decisions than giving it to him for the rest of the season.

7 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Robbo (rightly) gets a lot of flack at the minute because he’s drawing a salary and nobody knows what his job is. But…

- him becoming permanent manager would presumably mean we  go from three big off-pitch salaries to two (surely we wouldn’t hire another “sporting director”?)

I think there would be worse decisions than giving it to him for the rest of the season.

Thought I was going mad thinking this. There are definitely worse appointments out there.

20 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Gary Locke in as Sporting Director imo