Inverness' Next Permanent Manager - 2023 Edition - Dodds is Punted YASSS

Who will be Inverness' Next Permanent Manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

Yeah, it must be right.

Daft thing is he would have gotten away with it if he wasn’t stupid enough to be live on national radio every second weekend.

Indeed. Would any of us known he wasn't at an away game? Probably not. 

23 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Indeed. Would any of us known he wasn't at an away game? Probably not. 

It’s a perfectly valid question to be asking what he actually does but it is one of those that only gets mentioned when things are going badly.

Nobody would give a flying f**k if we were winning.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

It’s a perfectly valid question to be asking what he actually does but it is one of those that only gets mentioned when things are going badly.

Nobody would give a flying f**k if we were winning.

Rumoured for months somebody other than ICT is picking up his salary, Savage Henry nearly blew it on the other thread and then backtracked and now disappeared.

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

It’s completely mental if he is on a Monday to Friday but is in charge of scouting football matches that are mainly played on a Saturday. I mean I fully expect Gardiner to have agreed to that but Jesus fucking Christ.

In fairness, 'in charge of scouting football matches' does not necessarily mean personally scouting football matches.

On 18/09/2023 at 11:13, SandyCromarty said:

That certainly was the case under Dodds.

Hopefully with a new man we will move on and put this awful chapter behind us.

Not getting at you personally SandyC but this blows my mind. I totally get that Dodds had run his course and the football and results were rotten but ffs he took you to the final of the Scottish cup. That alone should bring in to question any statement along the lines of his tenure being an "awful chapter" surely? I'd love for us to get to a national final in my lifetime, perhaps that's an indication of how pathetic my ambitions are for my club but that's just me.

6 minutes ago, banditjag said:

Not getting at you personally SandyC but this blows my mind. I totally get that Dodds had run his course and the football and results were rotten but ffs he took you to the final of the Scottish cup. That alone should bring in to question any statement along the lines of his tenure being an "awful chapter" surely? I'd love for us to get to a national final in my lifetime, perhaps that's an indication of how pathetic my ambitions are for my club but that's just me.

We got there on a technicality after being knocked out in the 5th round by a far superior team. 

The boy playing made zero difference to the outcome of the result. 

50 minutes ago, banditjag said:

As @TheScarf says we were technically pumped out by Queens Park. The results against Killie and Livi were great and sweeping Falkirk aside is always a laugh but we did have a massive stroke of luck thanks to some daft admin mistake.

he's overseen our two worst ever performances in the League Cup group stages. Sure they might be glorified friendlies for some but draws have been kind to us in recent seasons and we've failed to take advantage.

We weren't good enough in the league though and a 6th placed finish isn't good enough when we are desperately trying to get promoted. He's been well backed and he hasn't delivered in terms of recruitment though how much of that is down to Dodds or Robertson we don't really know. 

He's had costly fall outs with players which have cost us points in the league and of course we've twice gone on long winless runs that (almost) torpedoed our campaigns. 

He did...okay for us and the Scottish Cup Final was of course brilliant to reach. He will rightly bang that drum for years to come I suspect. But where it mattered, he failed to deliver and for that he paid the price. 

1 hour ago, banditjag said:

You answered the problem with him right there in that results were rotten.

One Swallow doth not a summer make.

We were out of the cup as Scarf mentioned yet thanks to QP's feck up we got back in, we scraped Killie and next game was Livingston which we dominated and then Falkirk in the semi.

So to get to the final we played three games.

So from your perspective getting to one cup final overshadows two seasons of Doddsball shite, if you had to sit through what we had to endure you would understand.

Over the two forums we have had just two ICT 'fans' who defended him, all the rest were scathing of his tactics and wanted rid.

Edited by SandyCromarty

37 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

You answered the problem with him right there in that results were rotten.

One Swallow doth not a summer make.

We were out of the cup as Scarf mentioned yet thanks to QP's feck up we got back in, we scraped Killie and next game was Livingston which we dominated and then Falkirk in the semi.

So to get to the final we played three games.

So from your perspective getting to one cup final overshadows two seasons of Doddsball shite, if you had to sit through what we had to endure you would understand.

Over the two forums we have had just two ICT 'fans' who defended him, all the rest were scathing of his tactics and wanted rid.

For what it's worth I would disagree that we scraped past Killie. After the early goal that night we were the better team and fully deserving of the win. IMO.

Sean Welsh was instrumental in our late season run, and his composure and guile in the midfield is desperately missed at the moment, hopefully soon to return.

13 minutes ago, DonnieMurdo said:

For what it's worth I would disagree that we scraped past Killie. After the early goal that night we were the better team and fully deserving of the win. IMO.

Sean Welsh was instrumental in our late season run, and his composure and guile in the midfield is desperately missed at the moment, hopefully soon to return.

Yeah I wouldn’t say we scraped past Killie but they were utterly dreadful and we didn’t have to do much to win it.

16 minutes ago, DonnieMurdo said:

Well I'll change scraped to strolled to suit.

For me that best game over the last two seasons was the Livi Cu game where we absolutely controlled the game from the get go, it was like watching a Caley team of old and made me realise that the team was way far better than league performances showed, it was apparent by that game that Dodds had a team that could play but that he couldn't regularly manage/coax a game out of them.

We may see Welsh back this weekend and a win at last.

9 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Well I'll change scraped to strolled to suit.

For me that best game over the last two seasons was the Livi Cu game where we absolutely controlled the game from the get go, it was like watching a Caley team of old and made me realise that the team was way far better than league performances showed, it was apparent by that game that Dodds had a team that could play but that he couldn't regularly manage/coax a game out of them.

We may see Welsh back this weekend and a win at last.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

Dodds had a team/squad that was certainly capable of playing well and achieving good results, but he wasn't able,for whatever reason, to sustain it consistently over the course of a season - and ultimately he had to go.

Yes hopefully we'll see Welsh back this weekend. Looking forward to the game for the first time in a while !

DM

Edited by DonnieMurdo

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Surely Imrie would be cheaper to get than O'Dea? Both in compensation and Wages. 

Courts or Imrie would be my preference. 

O'Dea might have a clause which let's him walk if a full time managers job become available. Celtic will have a succession of guys who can take over the B team.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Surely Imrie would be cheaper to get than O'Dea? Both in compensation and Wages. 

Courts or Imrie would be my preference. 

Not necessarily - as Rob says above, its likely that Celtic will have pretty robust succession planning in place for their coaching staff, and they probably wouldn't stand in the way if one of them got a chance to make a step up to a managers role.  Morton on the other hand have Imrie & Millen signed up until next summer.  It is likely that Imrie would want to take Millen with him so that would be potentially 2 release clauses to negotiate.

I am also not convinced that Inverness would be an attractive proposal for Imrie - he would be moving to a club who do not have a significantly better squad, or any more money to spend than Morton, but where the expectations are arguably quite a bit higher.  It would be different if Inverness were offering him a massive pay rise and a war chest to build a squad with, but I highly doubt that to be the case.  Even if they were to offer him a bit of a pay rise, would it be enough to up sticks and move to a different part of the country away from family etc? 

Imrie is an ambitious guy so I have no doubt he will move on from Morton sooner or later but I do not think Inverness are a club that would be enough of a step up from Morton to meet with said ambitions.

2 minutes ago, Vril said:

Not necessarily - as Rob says above, its likely that Celtic will have pretty robust succession planning in place for their coaching staff, and they probably wouldn't stand in the way if one of them got a chance to make a step up to a managers role.  Morton on the other hand have Imrie & Millen signed up until next summer.  It is likely that Imrie would want to take Millen with him so that would be potentially 2 release clauses to negotiate.

I am also not convinced that Inverness would be an attractive proposal for Imrie - he would be moving to a club who do not have a significantly better squad, or any more money to spend than Morton, but where the expectations are arguably quite a bit higher.  It would be different if Inverness were offering him a massive pay rise and a war chest to build a squad with, but I highly doubt that to be the case.  Even if they were to offer him a bit of a pay rise, would it be enough to up sticks and move to a different part of the country away from family etc? 

Imrie is an ambitious guy so I have no doubt he will move on from Morton sooner or later but I do not think Inverness are a club that would be enough of a step up from Morton to meet with said ambitions.

Dougie Imrie is doing well at Morton although I am sure with a much lower budget than ICT.

If he continues to do well it is inevitable he will continue to be linked with future  vacancies and get opportunities to move to a higher level in due course.

Managers who show no loyalty and just jump for 'a few dollars more' do themselves no favours in the longer term.

Dougie seems happy at Cappielow and can in the medium term do a lot better, with respect than ICT.

Hopefully he will be with us for at least a couple more seasons learning his trade and continuing to improve our team. 

The bookies are hilarious, pricing Scott Brown at 12s when he will be more the comfortable for a while on his pay off. 

When folk like Allan Johnstone who is available doesn't even make the list in the same club as the other jobber managers.

O'Dea would be an interesting one the rest seem decidedly meh.