Inverness' Next Permanent Manager - 2023 Edition - Dodds is Punted YASSS

Who will be Inverness' Next Permanent Manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know Morton fans would hate him to leave but I reckon an ex The Caley player could be enticed. Especially as I know Dougie Imrie and Graeme Bennett used to get on well. I don't see it happening of course, but I reckon we could get him if we tried. 

It'll be O'Dea probably, so I wouldn't worry about it. 

I understand the sideways move stuff for Imrie but I think a lot of that will just be down to what Imrie thinks. Does he think the Caley have a better squad that he could get more out of than the Morton one and what are the budgets for both teams actually like. If he feels the Caley squad is better and is told there are more funds to bring in players that in his current job he might fancy giving it a crack.

A lot of that is very much open to debate amongst us but the reality is we don’t really know if the rumours about our financial position is actually true.

6 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I understand the sideways move stuff for Imrie but I think a lot of that will just be down to what Imrie thinks. Does he think the Caley have a better squad that he could get more out of than the Morton one and what are the budgets for both teams actually like. If he feels the Caley squad is better and is told there are more funds to bring in players that in his current job he might fancy giving it a crack.

A lot of that is very much open to debate amongst us but the reality is we don’t really know if the rumours about our financial position is actually true.

Indeed, saying simply it's a sideways move because Morton finished above us for the first time in a generation, by 2 points, is a bit of a wild take. There's a load of factors to take into consideration. 

It won't be him, despite a lot of The Caley fans wanting it to be. 

"In this instance, we finished sixth in the league, which is terrible for us. Getting promoted is our only priority every year. But we were sixth in the league."

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/6169471/scot-gardiner-12-point-gap-led-to-caley-thistle-boss-billy-dodds-being-sacked/

SG gives Dodds a new 2 year deal then comes out with this :lol: 

On 18/09/2023 at 14:50, Juanhourjoe said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/uefa-pro-licence-lineup-announced/

Someone posted the link for this over on CTO. A few coaches, who would potentially be interested in building their career in Scotland. Gilberto Damiano, or Pedro Daniel Sousa anyone?

Why not the most recent pro-license intake?

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-fa-coach-education-department-welcomes-new-intake-for-uefa-pro-licence/

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

Imagine admitting you gave a coach a new 2 year contract because you only lost 3-1 to Celtic.

16 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Imagine admitting you gave a coach a new 2 year contract because you only lost 3-1 to Celtic.

And basically admitting he was on the verge of being canned before we won against Arbroath. Seems more and more likely Dodds has been the fall guy for the increasing heat Gardiner and Robertson have come under. Dodds obviously has been under pressure as well of course but I feel more and more like this sacking was to take some of the heat off SG more than anything.

20 minutes ago, RiG said:

And basically admitting he was on the verge of being canned before we won against Arbroath. Seems more and more likely Dodds has been the fall guy for the increasing heat Gardiner and Robertson have come under. Dodds obviously has been under pressure as well of course but I feel more and more like this sacking was to take some of the heat off SG more than anything.

Of course he is. 

I think the interviews with the CEO in the press today scream business as usual as club continue not to listen and the equivalent of fingers in ears singing la la la 

30 minutes ago, RiG said:

Yeah it certainly seems that way. Hopefully the pressure will stay on Gardiner as he really needs to go sooner rather than later. However if we do start getting results with the new manager then I feel this will die down. 

Might just be me but when you are getting down to the territory of if you don’t win this one single game you are out surely the only option is to sack them? You clearly already feel he isn’t up to the job so why does one win matter?

3 hours ago, Mr Toon said:

Dougie Imrie is doing well at Morton although I am sure with a much lower budget than ICT.

If he continues to do well it is inevitable he will continue to be linked with future  vacancies and get opportunities to move to a higher level in due course.

Managers who show no loyalty and just jump for 'a few dollars more' do themselves no favours in the longer term.

Dougie seems happy at Cappielow and can in the medium term do a lot better, with respect than ICT.

Hopefully he will be with us for at least a couple more seasons learning his trade and continuing to improve our team. 

TBH, and I mean no disrespect here but I think we will be aiming higher than Imrie, sure enough he finished 5th to our 6th last year but this season so far Morton are sitting two positions above us at 8th with only 1 win out of 5 games which does not show the success we need, if as you say he's happy at Cappielow and you want him for another couple of seasons then so be it.

As I've said earlier the appointment may well be a surprise to us all.

I am very surprised that Scot Gardiner and Co are trying to get Darren O'Dea when it's experience ww need in this situation but tbh I will be happy if it were indeed him that was appointed.

I wonder if anyone has any ideas as to what the shortlist is as that was supposedly getting drawn up today 😮.

I imagine its: Darren O'Dea, Liam Fox, Dougie Imrie, Ian McCall, Callum Davidson and Thomas Courts.

3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

We all know Scot Gardiner is incompetent but he could at least try and hide it

Gotta agree and I see fans not happy with Gardiner but significantly and more importantly Dodds is gone and that's the main thing for me and for the team to turn things around.

Gardiner is one of those guys who will eventually step on his own landmine.

Right now he is of little concern.

1 hour ago, Caley Shaun said:

I am very surprised that Scot Gardiner and Co are trying to get Darren O'Dea when it's experience ww need in this situation but tbh I will be happy if it were indeed him that was appointed.

I wonder if anyone has any ideas as to what the shortlist is as that was supposedly getting drawn up today 😮.

I imagine its: Darren O'Dea, Liam Fox, Dougie Imrie, Ian McCall, Callum Davidson and Thomas Courts.

7ztcqy.jpg