Inverness' Next Permanent Manager - 2023 Edition - Dodds is Punted YASSS

Who will be Inverness' Next Permanent Manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Widge said:

Without being funny, Davidson is such an arrogant man that I’m not sure his ego allows him to join Caley in the position they’re in. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t see it happening at all, especially if you’re as skint as they say. 

Think its that or think its just not trusting his own ability?

Half wonder if his "squad building" with us, which was overloading with experienced/proven players, was because he knew he needed help to win games. Then he seemed to refuse the Dundee job, which was maybe because he didnt believe he could build a team capable of winning games.

He'll be waiting for a Championship side who are already strong.

3 hours ago, Widge said:

Without being funny, Davidson is such an arrogant man that I’m not sure his ego allows him to join Caley in the position they’re in. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t see it happening at all, especially if you’re as skint as they say. 

The St.J fans really seem to dislike him.  I am also very aware of how bad his record was after winning the cups, in saying that I do think that there is a difference between managing St.J in the top flight v the old firm, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, etc than managing Inverness v Morton, Arbroath, Ayr, etc.
I'm not saying that I thinks he's the best candidate but I'd sure as hell take him over Gary bloody Locke, McIntyre, Robertson and McCann.

Although not sure it really matters while we still have certain others "running" the club.

4 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

The St.J fans really seem to dislike him.  I am also very aware of how bad his record was after winning the cups, in saying that I do think that there is a difference between managing St.J in the top flight v the old firm, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, etc than managing Inverness v Morton, Arbroath, Ayr, etc.
I'm not saying that I thinks he's the best candidate but I'd sure as hell take him over Gary bloody Locke, McIntyre, Robertson and McCann.

Although not sure it really matters while we still have certain others "running" the club.

He had a great team in the cups which included two ex ICT players Jamie McCart and Shaun Rooney, now with Leyton and Fleetwood respectively.

17 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

What about St Johnstone v Kelty? Or St Johnstone v Annan?

His mentality is the issue. We couldve made it out the group last season if we'd beaten Ayr by more than 1 goal, we went 1-0 then just protected the lead. Against Dundee a win wouldve given us a chance to avoid the play off, at 1-1 he was seen signalling to players to stay back. We blew a 2 goal lead v ICT in the play off as he wanted us to sit in and protect it, then done the exact same in the 2nd leg (our 3rd and 4th, when the game was dead, was against the backdrop of him screaming at players not to push forward).

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What about St Johnstone v Kelty? Or St Johnstone v Annan?

His mentality is the issue. We couldve made it out the group last season if we'd beaten Ayr by more than 1 goal, we went 1-0 then just protected the lead. Against Dundee a win wouldve given us a chance to avoid the play off, at 1-1 he was seen signalling to players to stay back. We blew a 2 goal lead v ICT in the play off as he wanted us to sit in and protect it, then done the exact same in the 2nd leg (our 3rd and 4th, when the game was dead, was against the backdrop of him screaming at players not to push forward).

I did not say that I think he's who we should appoint.
I did say that I'd rather him than the others that I listed.

2 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

Bookies usually have some insider knowledge. Only natural for Imrie to want to leave such a tiny club for the pride of the highlands.

I don't think they do, the only reason John Robertson is up there alongside Imrie is because acting managers frequently get the job, and Imrie's there because a few punters have bet on him and they don't want to lose their profit if it happens.

2 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Has Mcbookie favourites ever turned out to have got it right? They're just reacting to where the punters put the money.

They haven't for us. Infact they put out a couple of bitter tweets during the last one suspending betting because 4 or 5 people lumped on the same person in quick succession. 

I'll reiterate there is about as much chance of us appointing Guardiola as there is Imrie.

We can't afford to pay for anyone and we have someone sitting there who's been after the job.  It will be Robertson and Christie until the end of the season and then, if we stay up, they'll be back next year.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I'll reiterate there is about as much chance of us appointing Guardiola as there is Imrie.

We can't afford to pay for anyone and we have someone sitting there who's been after the job.  It will be Robertson and Christie until the end of the season and then, if we stay up, they'll be back next year.

It does seem a little bit side-steppy for Imrie to move from Morton to ICT. Like you, I can't see it at all.

I've a feeling McCann might get it, don't really know why, I get the impression that he's enjoying the punditry stuff but wants to get back in to coaching. How did he do at ICT when he stepped in?

Just now, Pens_Dark said:

It does seem a little bit side-steppy for Imrie to move from Morton to ICT. Like you, I can't see it at all.

I've a feeling McCann might get it, don't really know why, I get the impression that he's enjoying the punditry stuff but wants to get back in to coaching. How did he do at ICT when he stepped in?

He was pretty good for us, came in when we were in a bad situation and got us out of it.  Had a couple of really good results.