Inverness' Next Permanent Manager - 2023 Edition - Dodds is Punted YASSS

Who will be Inverness' Next Permanent Manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Imrie's odds came right in on McBookie before they took them down.  The club are looking to speak to him apparently I've just been told. 

Are you serious or just enjoying reeling in the Greenock fans cos they are fizzy as f*ck and biting easily?

37 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

Are you serious or just enjoying reeling in the Greenock fans cos they are fizzy as f*ck and biting easily?

I got a text saying he's going to be approached. That's from someone related to someone at the club. 

They are biting extremely easily though aren't they? 

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I got a text saying he's going to be approached. That's from someone related to someone at the club. 

They are biting extremely easily though aren't they? 

I thought it was just newspaper chat, suppose I should trust the bookies odds.
I can't see him leaving Morton to join us though.

And yeah, they're getting proper fizzy!
Your manager's been linked with another club that's all, it usually means he's doing a good job.  Calm the f*ck down!

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

Edited by KingBeastie
spelling

As I said earlier on, I think we are more likely to recruit Pep Guardiola than Dougie Imrie.  

My source tells me that it will be O'Dea.  The recruitment process has moved away from Gardiner, hence why we haven't recruited the Saltcoats Protestant Boys flute band as joint managers.

Edited by ICTChris

42 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Well your club are the experts at that given you've had six managers in three years.

How's that for bizarre?

My post stands for any club that finds themselves in this position.

Clearly no Board just decides after one bad result to sack the Manager. Therefore, if they feel that it’s potentially going to happen if bad results continue, a level of succession planning should be taking place in preparation.

You’re now in a situation where you’re In going into a game a full week later against the biggest club in the league with no manager. 

Why not just keep Dodds in post to see if things improve while you’re weighing up your options? 

8 minutes ago, UtdFan said:

Clearly no Board just decides after one bad result to sack the Manager. Therefore, if they feel that it’s potentially going to happen if bad results continue, a level of succession planning should be taking place in preparation.

You’re now in a situation where you’re In going into a game a full week later against the biggest club in the league with no manager. 

Why not just keep Dodds in post to see if things improve while you’re weighing up your options? 

Because that’s the way every club operates - if you are of the opinion that the manager is an active hindrance to the teams performances, why on earth would they let him hang around any longer? 

36 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah it's an obvious link due to him being an ex player. I think it'll be O'Dea still. 

Am no sure on this, why would O’Dea, take this job, if he doesn’t keep you up, he’ll be tarnished from the off 

Just now, ecto said:

Am no sure on this, why would O’Dea, take this job, if he doesn’t keep you up, he’ll be tarnished from the off 

I want it to be Imrie but I have the feeling if Morton let us speak to him there will be a snag somewhere. I just have the feeling O'Dea will impress our idiot board and offer him the job. 

4 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

Unsure if he’d want to move away from Glasgow, but McCall does have experience getting teams out of a mess. (albeit he hasn’t always managed to do so within the season he was appointed) 

Depends on the quality and quantity of jakey pubs in the Highlands IMO.  

1 hour ago, CityDave94 said:

Good luck to the next club in this league that loses a manager.

Will that be Ayr or Morton?

Say hi to Billy from us.

Uncle Neil (subscriber to Morton's fan group with a holiday home in Dunoon) has just been freed up for us. Thanks for playing anyway. 

FPSo5m9XMAgRYFE.jpg.0e233b06bca3e910ff073eb5bcf5c1fa.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

O'Dea is unlikely to get a first job at a much higher level than Inverness.

While it is still a poisoned chalice of a job IMO, it makes sense for either a first time manager looking for a break (Celtic Colts is not a real management job) or someone out of the game like Jim McIntyre or (hahaha) John Hughes. It's both paid work and they don't have any significantly better options coming up unless they can show some ability.

Edited by vikingTON

22 minutes ago, UtdFan said:

We're not playing ourselves m8. Count yourselves lucky that whoever your manager is is too much of a non-entity to merit an approach from us.

30 minutes ago, UtdFan said:

They've got John Robertson looking after things in the interim and teams often get a temporary bounce when the old manager leaves the building, a bit of effort to try and impress the incomer probably. It's hardly good for morale scouting around for a new manager with the old one still stinking out the place.

Edited by welshbairn