France away tickets

Broon_100

Damn thought it stopped at 12 points so didn't bother trying at 4pm. I also had my attention at Ibrox since we was winning, oh well lost out on Eurostar tickets and a flight to Aberdeen but on a positive won't be taking Holidays which I'm struggling with. Will still go to London for music gigs.

I would like to think I won't have a problem getting Georgia ticket.

On 26/09/2023 at 22:47, deadasdillinger said:

For 7 of the last 11 away game sales, just going to home games was enough to get you a ticket. Throw in the potential for bonus points by renewing before Jan and being a member for 3 campaigns, and it's just nonsense to suggest it's a closed shop. 

It's a shame there will be so many TA out there having to buy home end tickets for France, but it's only becoming an issue for folk because we are doing so well and they want points to get tickets for the Euros group games. If it was a desire to build points in order to get to away games easier, that has been more than possible in the last couple of years.

Sold out at 11 points. Another game where attending all home games and having one or two of the 'bonus' points I mentioned would have been enough. But it's a closed shop...

13 hours ago, betting competition said:

Damn thought it stopped at 12 points so didn't bother trying at 4pm. I also had my attention at Ibrox since we was winning, oh well lost out on Eurostar tickets and a flight to Aberdeen but on a positive won't be taking Holidays which I'm struggling with. Will still go to London for music gigs.

I would like to think I won't have a problem getting Georgia ticket.

Said it before and will repeat again, although it didn't affect me on this occasion, the organisation of a sales window that covers the 3pm Saturday standard matchtime for football fans is an absolute nonsense. Do they think that Scotland fans only watch Scotland and don't attend club games? The sort of people attending away international friendlies are almost certainly at a bloody football match on a Saturday afternoon and, if it's a sizeable one, won't even be able to get a signal to buy on their phone.

11 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Sold out at 11 points. Another game where attending all home games and having one or two of the 'bonus' points I mentioned would have been enough. But it's a closed shop...

Not disagreeing with your point but that's presumably because a lot of the "every home game" fans have joined or restarted going in the last couple of years since Covid. The number who have sufficient points through home games only will significantly increase in the next year or so.

Personally I've been a member since about 1992 and never missed a home game for about 20 years. However, when my kids came along, a combination of additional time demands and the move to playing games on different days of the week when we're based 80 miles away made it difficult for me to get there so I stopped for a period of about a decade. Now the kids are older I'm back to going every home game again (with my son in tow). I'm only on 7 points currently and my boy's on 5 (I have the two loyalty points, he doesn't). We'll get up to 12/10 shortly though.

The last 2 in our group got individually on Saturday at 10am and 1pm, with the one at 1pm being number 1676

I can only assume the other numbers must be failed tickets in the system that they then put on sale

Consequently they have 2 tickets together in the home end for sale for anyone who is looking. 

14 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Said it before and will repeat again, although it didn't affect me on this occasion, the organisation of a sales window that covers the 3pm Saturday standard matchtime for football fans is an absolute nonsense. Do they think that Scotland fans only watch Scotland and don't attend club games? The sort of people attending away international friendlies are almost certainly at a bloody football match on a Saturday afternoon and, if it's a sizeable one, won't even be able to get a signal to buy on their phone.

Missed a chunk of the second half trying to get tickets, fucking odd time to release ticket sales. 

7 hours ago, thistledo said:

Missed a chunk of the second half trying to get tickets, fucking odd time to release ticket sales. 

It is an absolute nonsense and the organised Tartan Army groups should be making representation about it. 

I also appreciate that there's likely no perfect solution. Some clubs are often playing earlier or later on saturdays and sundays. Weekdays will lead to people complaining that their job doesnt allow for it (drivers, teachers, emergency personnel, etc). I dont pretend to have the answer but I'm pretty sure its not selling during the peak attendance time for most fans in the country!

19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I dont pretend to have the answer but I'm pretty sure its not selling during the peak attendance time for most fans in the country!

Disagree. Quite welcomed having something to distract me from watching Dundee United fling us around. 

France having some trouble in defence. Arsenal’s William Saliba, Bayern Munich’s Dayot Upamecano and Barcelona’s Jules Koundé have all withdrawn in the last 24 hours. In response to that they then called up Chelsea pair Malo Gusto and Axel Disasi, but then Disasi also withdrew. 

On 01/10/2023 at 22:51, Skyline Drifter said:

Not disagreeing with your point but that's presumably because a lot of the "every home game" fans have joined or restarted going in the last couple of years since Covid. The number who have sufficient points through home games only will significantly increase in the next year or so.

I'm not sure this is the case, the 10 current 'eligible' home games have had average attendances of around 45,000. The lowest attendance being 38,627 for the Armenia game, of which I assume the vast majority of the crowd were SSC members. There will be some upward movement I would have thought as people push for additional points but I wouldn't expect a significant jump. The jump at the next renewal date at the end of next year might be more significant as I suspect there was a decent uplift in memberships pre Euro 2020 and people will in general be more on the ball about ensuring they renew in time.

31 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

I'm not sure this is the case, the 10 current 'eligible' home games have had average attendances of around 45,000. The lowest attendance being 38,627 for the Armenia game, of which I assume the vast majority of the crowd were SSC members. There will be some upward movement I would have thought as people push for additional points but I wouldn't expect a significant jump. The jump at the next renewal date at the end of next year might be more significant as I suspect there was a decent uplift in memberships pre Euro 2020 and people will in general be more on the ball about ensuring they renew in time.

To be fair I didn't actually check to see what the last 10 games were, I, wrongly, assumed some of them were still subject to some covid restrictions, or at least some reduced attendances as we came out of it. I also didn't look at the actual published SFA membership points list.

I do think the number of people hitting 10 points will go up a fair bit though having now studied it. Currently, 4313 have 9 pts, another 1168 have 8 pts. 1682 have 7 pts and 1813 have 6 points. And then a massive 4328 have 5 points. The last lot includes everybody like my son who joined at or around the Euros and have become regulars since (I'm probably fairly unusual in being in the same category but having the two bonus points as I retained my membership despite being unable to actually go for about a decade). I'd think most of that group will get to 9 or 10 points in a year or so.

At the moment almost 17,000 members have at least 10 points. Given that most of those above 10 must be at least semi regular away attendees, I don't think 10 points is going to get you to many away matches any time soon. And I suspect that 17,000 will be comfortably over 20,000 within the next 12 months, maybe as much as 25,000.

In reality, anyone with less than 13 points is relying on a lot of people missing a particular away game to get on the ladder, which probably means a fairly distant friendly. It's only going to get harder to get on the ladder above 12 points and to do so you're going to have to take the chance of booking trips with no guarantee of tickets and hope you do get them.

I'm not complaining about that incidentally, it's fair enough, just analysing the suggestion that it's perfectly possible to get on the away ladder without trying too hard. Even if that is the case, it won't be so easy moving forward. I think Scotland will need a sustained period of poor form to reduce membership numbers before that happens and hopefully that's not any time soon. Introducing 100% collection in country, as much as it's a pain in the arse for everyone, would help too.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Won't drag this one out too much as it's a fairly academic debate but I would guess most of those in the 5-9 point bracket are there not because they're working their way up but beause they pick and choose their home games to some extent. That's evident from the general reduced attendances at Nations League games, kick off times and travel commitments mean people probably prioritise qualifiers. That might change from the increased pull of big teams in League A but I don't think there's a huge number working their way up on a constant march. For a large portion of the Supporters Club they actually don't particularly care about the points and just want a decent seat for the home games they do go to. I think for the foreseeable, if you've been in the SSC long enough and go to all the home games to get to 12, you'll have a shot at more away games than you don't get a shot at.

11 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Won't drag this one out too much as it's a fairly academic debate but I would guess most of those in the 5-9 point bracket are there not because they're working their way up but beause they pick and choose their home games to some extent. That's evident from the general reduced attendances at Nations League games, kick off times and travel commitments mean people probably prioritise qualifiers. That might change from the increased pull of big teams in League A but I don't think there's a huge number working their way up on a constant march. For a large portion of the Supporters Club they actually don't particularly care about the points and just want a decent seat for the home games they do go to. I think for the foreseeable, if you've been in the SSC long enough and go to all the home games to get to 12, you'll have a shot at more away games than you don't get a shot at.

Fair enough, we'll see over the next year. My feeling is the majority of that large bump at 5 points currently will move up towards 9 or 10 in the next year and as they gain loyalty points too the numbers on 12 will increase. The 3,000 or so now will at least double. 12 points might get you "a shot" at an away game but with the numbers on 13 or more currently being 4,197, the numbers on 12 taking it to 7,132 and that number only likely to go up, then at best it seems a handful of tickets will be available between 5,000 to 10,000 people on 12 at some larger venues. I guess it comes down to the difference between "a shot at" and "likely to get you". If there are 100 tickets between 5,000 people on 12 then yes, you'll have a shot at one, you're not terribly likely to get one though. I doubt anyone at 12 right now and applying for every away game in the next 12 months will get more than 1 or 2 ( I do appreciate that once they get 1 and move to 13 their chance of others will increase but at the same time the chance of someone else on 12 who didn't get one getting one next time decrease).