Livi v Celtic

Getting something here would be a big boost of confidence going into our quarter final game at Ibrox.

Expecting us to go with Nouble up front as an out ball, holding up play for the likes of Pittman and Kelly to get up the pitch in support, or just taking it himself and having a pop at goals. Prob flooding the midfield to try and make it difficult for Celtic playing through us. Something along the lines of a 3-4-2-1 attacking

Shamal

de Lucas              Obileye               Devlin

Brandon                Holt                  Shinnie              Penrice

Kelly                            Pittman

Nouble

& a 5-4-1 defending.

Shamal

Brandon          de Lucas      Obileye          Devlin            Penrice 

Kelly                  Holt               Shinnie             Pittman     

Nouble          

14 minutes ago, bennett said:

Like us, celtic didn't seem too comfortable on Killies pitch. Though I've a feeling that they'll get a lucky decision or two.

Bore off ffs

Wouldn't say this is an ideal for us to have after a champions League game especially as Martindale seemed to have the measure of Rodgers. Interesting game ahead.

Edited by gannonball

We've went back to how we used to play when we were always drawing/winning against Celtic at home, and they're looking a bit shite. Won't be bothering with this one though; watch it in a mate's house with some beers then head to a Scottish Cup game. Hopefully we get a result that makes me regret it.

23 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Shamal

de Lucas          Obileye          Devlin

Brandon          Holt                  Shinnie              Penrice

Kelly          Pittman

Nouble

Would agree with this, tempted to go for Anderson behind Nouble instead of Kelly so that he's on from the start but I think there's more chance of Martindale going for Guthrie and Nouble both being on for the long balls.

7 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

We've went back to how we used to play when we were always drawing/winning against Celtic at home, and they're looking a bit shite. Won't be bothering with this one though; watch it in a mate's house with some beers then head to a Scottish Cup game. Hopefully we get a result that makes me regret it.

Would agree with this, tempted to go for Anderson behind Nouble instead of Kelly so that he's on from the start but I think there's more chance of Martindale going for Guthrie and Nouble both being on for the long balls.

Yeah we'll only have 30% or less possession so can't see Anderson starting, and think we'll only have the one up front, out of Guthrie and Nouble i'd go for Nouble, because he can bring the ball in, and hold onto it for 5 or so seconds allowing the AM's to get up in support, or is capable of taking it himself and scoring a goal, which i doubt Guthrie could do. 

Also think set plays could be a major source of us scoring, and Kelly is our best dead ball taker, and has also scored a goal from a free kick, so would have him starting. Oh and Hart doesn't look too clever for Celtic at set pieces.