Accies Vs Annan

Next up it's a Friday night home game against Annan. As both set of supports know Accies have not had a good record against Annan in the past couple of years. I do think this will be the game we end that horrible record though. So far our home games have been 2 1-0s and 1 2-1 it would be nice if we could kill Annan off on Friday. It must surely be time for O'Hara to be dropped another poor performance against QOTS Mumbongo or Mcglynn or even both of them should start this instead of O'Hara. I watched Annans playoff final games last season as both of them were on Alba and the standout players were Tommy Goss and Max Kilsby. Overall I think we will have enough to win this and go back to the top of the league for at least a couple of hours Accies 2-0 Annan 

19 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Clyde not using stadium saturday. Whats the reason you boys playing on Friday

Our new owner has said that he likes Friday Night football and says that he's put in a request for a couple of matches to be moved to the Friday.

Not going to lie dreading this match, not only a bit of PTSD from previous encounters where Annan have embarrassed us in the cups, but they also seem to be getting key players back and hitting a bit of form. Surprised when I seen that both clubs agreed to this being moved to the Friday, didn't think the Annan players would be happy with that due to work commitments etc. 

Anyway with it being at home it's a match we need to be winning to keep our title charge going and try and put pressure on Falkirk. 

I'd be more than happy to keep the same line up. I know there will be fans that will want O'hara dropped, but I'm more on the side of starting him due to his work rate. Plus I don't think McGlynn is fully fit yet, I do want him to get a start down the road at some point, but happy for him to come on and be dangerous in the last 30 for now.

Might be the game to give Smith another starting chance, really want it to work out for him, but he has a bad confidence issue. Seen it again against Alloa, when he lost the ball towards the end when we were hunting for the equaliser, head dropped and he stayed on the ground.

We do start games well, and seem to be getting a goal in the first half hour, so if we manage to do that, I'd like to see us keep the tempo going and kill the game off before half time.

Edited by Laid-back Accie

6 hours ago, Accies1 said:

Not sure but if the games pish we can go to this instead.

FB_IMG_1695587183158.jpg

So is this another example of non football events being given priority over football fans, in a football stadium when a football game is on? At Accies, surely not! 

Edited by Beckford

On 23/09/2023 at 21:45, Ian Mcleod said:

Next up it's a Friday night home game against Annan. As both set of supports know Accies have not had a good record against Annan in the past couple of years. I do think this will be the game we end that horrible record though. So far our home games have been 2 1-0s and 1 2-1 it would be nice if we could kill Annan off on Friday. It must surely be time for O'Hara to be dropped another poor performance against QOTS Mumbongo or Mcglynn or even both of them should start this instead of O'Hara. I watched Annans playoff final games last season as both of them were on Alba and the standout players were Tommy Goss and Max Kilsby. Overall I think we will have enough to win this and go back to the top of the league for at least a couple of hours Accies 2-0 Annan 

Unbeaten in the league btw. 

2 minutes ago, Skondras said:

Unbeaten in the league btw. 

So because we are unbeaten does that mean no changes can be made? O'Hara is a striker with 1 goal in 7 now and he missed a pen that cost us 2 points. Missed another sitter on Saturday as well. Mcglynn offers so much more than O'Hara does Mumbongo also looks far better. I've said it a couple of times now there was a reason why O'Hara rarely started for Dunfermline last season and was punted at the end of the season we are already seeing why he's not good enough. 

20 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Our new owner has said that he likes Friday Night football and says that he's put in a request for a couple of matches to be moved to the Friday.

Well, if that's true and, unless there's some monetary value in moving it, your new owner obviously doesn't have the fans best interests at heart.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Well, if that's true and, unless there's some monetary value in moving it, your new owner obviously doesn't have the fans best interests at heart.

It doesn't affect me personally but it is a bit annoying for people who work on Friday Nights

Game day. I've never actually seen us play Annan but obviously we have a terrible record against them. Surely we should have too much tonight though? 

Annan have been decent the past few games, I'm hoping Mumbongo starts tonight and looks as good as he did in his cameo last week. Also hoping tonight is the night things click in attack for us. 

I'll predict 3-0 Accies but I do think that's optimistic going by our home form so far this season. 

Second half of the first half we were a little flat but Henderson did miss a great chance so it should've been, at least, 2-0 at the break. 

Second half was one way traffic and we could've had a couple more.

Joe McGlynn's movement is excellent, when his chance comes to start I really hope he takes it as I think we may have found a gem in him. 

Hard to tell when you're in the crowd but that did feel like a bit of a bigger attendance tonight. Fair play to the Annan fans too, that's probably the most away fans we've had this season. Good effort for a Friday night. 

Brilliant to win a game in such style and a couple of fantastic goals. Strong bench every game is a big positive for me. Made up some ground on the goal difference with falkirk as well which could be crucial. 

Also really good seing the club shop so busy before the game. Great effort from the club to improve the shop in such a short time.

Big game on Sat now. Hope we take a healthy support over. This team deserve it