Accies Vs Annan

First Half a bit flat and myself and about 50 other people missed the first goal one of the things Seref needs to change the turnstiles as they are a bit of mess however the second half made up for it great performances all over the pitch and about as good as we've played all season Barjonas excellent Tumilty very impressive 2 weeks in a row he's been impressive. Overall I thought everyone was decent tonight. Did seem like there was a bigger crowd than normal tonight so maybe the Friday night games is a good idea after all. We are only 2 months into the league season and now we already have the same amount of league wins than what we did from the full of last season although we are in a lower division still shows the excellent job he's doing on the pitch. Big game next week would be nice of Montrose done us a favour tomorrow.

A very professional and clinical performance from Accies , never gave Annan a minute,pressed them all the time- 1st half we were OK- doesn't help losing a goal in 2 minutes but then again a Friday night maybe no the best for a part time team with boys having worked during the day.No excuses tho the superior team won.

Gonna be a very close 2 horse race with Falkirk to decide the champions.

8 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

First Half a bit flat and myself and about 50 other people missed the first goal one of the things Seref needs to change the turnstiles as they are a bit of mess however the second half made up for it great performances all over the pitch and about as good as we've played all season Barjonas excellent Tumilty very impressive 2 weeks in a row he's been impressive. Overall I thought everyone was decent tonight. Did seem like there was a bigger crowd than normal tonight so maybe the Friday night games is a good idea after all. We are only 2 months into the league season and now we already have the same amount of league wins than what we did from the full of last season although we are in a lower division still shows the excellent job he's doing on the pitch. Big game next week would be nice of Montrose done us a favour tomorrow.

What was the issue with the turnstiles? Was it scanning tickets?

Shame you missed the first goal as it was a cracker but i did notice a few die hards that sit near me were late in last night too.

When the QR code season tickets came in I was reluctant to buy one as i had concerns about accies ability to opperate such a system. However, TBH, i have not experienced any issues using them at the turnstiles or going into the bar pre match (not that this was an option last night due to the tin pot side show taking place)

I do tend to go down to the stadium a little earlier right enough. I know from attending Scotland games, there are often complaints about the turnstiles at hampden, but these complaints are ususlly raised by folk who stay in the pub untill 10 mins before the game lol.

Also, If there is an issue, would it not be down to the "stadiums owner" to address? (If it is, dont expect a quick soloution, unless you are attending the firework display of course!

Edited by Beckford

2 hours ago, Beckford said:

What was the issue with the turnstiles? Was it scanning tickets?

Shame you missed the first goal as it was a cracker but i did notice a few die hards that sit near me were late in last night too.

When the QR code season tickets came in I was reluctant to buy one as i had concerns about accies ability to opperate such a system. However, TBH, i have not experienced any issues using them at the turnstiles or going into the bar pre match (not that this was an option last night due to the tin pot side show taking place)

I do tend to go down to the stadium a little earlier right enough. I know from attending Scotland games, there are often complaints about the turnstiles at hampden, but these complaints are ususlly raised by folk who stay in the pub untill 10 mins before the game lol.

Also, If there is an issue, would it not be down to the "stadiums owner" to address? (If it is, dont expect a quick soloution, unless you are attending the firework display of course!

I just think the queue is far too big. There is only 1 turnstile open for ST holders there always seems to be a problem getting into games when they shut off the away stand usually if they open the away end I just get in by the turnstile closest to Hamilton West but that's only opened to away supporters. I actually just ended up paying for a ticket last night so I wasn't missing anything else. At least the second half made up for everything 

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I just think the queue is far too big. There is only 1 turnstile open for ST holders there always seems to be a problem getting into games when they shut off the away stand usually if they open the away end I just get in by the turnstile closest to Hamilton West but that's only opened to away supporters. I actually just ended up paying for a ticket last night so I wasn't missing anything else. At least the second half made up for everything 

Ah i never thought about how Annan fans using one of the home stands turnstiles would cause a bottleneck. Not sure what the club can do in that case other than open the away stand. (But see there will be cost arguments against this to be fair)

A decent Annan suport in the same stand as us did make for a better atmosphere last night. Guess if we keep playing the way we are and manage to increase the home support, we will have to open the away stand and hopefully spread the home numbers accross the two gates.

Increasing the home crowd has always been a challange, but if this new football focused board keep going the way they are, who knows

I feel we are getting our club back with these guys. Hopefully some of the old regulars who were previously driven away will return (and some of the recent relationship breakdowns are fully resolved) If we can win back their trust and attract some new fans, we can keep up the momentum and build on the early positivity this season has brought.

Edited by Beckford

I started in a very long queue with seemingly only one turnstile for STs. Got a bit closer and the steward was indicating there was a second one we could use. Why he waited so long, I don't know. Then it became clear the girl was having trouble scanning them. She gave it a fair few tries before saying to me and a few others, oh, just go in. Heard the crowd get excited as I started on the stairs so turned round and managed to see Barjonas's excellent curling right foot shot from a central position, unusual for him. No cameras opposite but they showed Dylan Tait 's winner v Montrose from a main stand camera on the SPFL Twitter.

I think I'd give Barjonas MOTM, not just for his goal. Tait and O' Hara better, Longridge and Tumilty very good again. Really enjoyed that. Hope we can take at least 500 next week.

19 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Ah i never thought about how Annan fans using one of the home stands turnstiles would cause a bottleneck. Not sure what the club can do in that case other than open the away stand. (But see there will be cost arguments against this to be fair)

A decent Annan suport in the same stand as us did make for a better atmosphere last night. Guess if we keep playing the way we are and manage to increase the home support, we will have to open the away stand and hopefully spread the home numbers accross the two gates.

Increasing the home crowd has always been a challange, but if this new football focused board keep going the way they are, who knows

I feel we are getting our club back with these guys. Hopefully some of the old regulars who were previously driven away will return (and some of the recent relationship breakdowns are fully resolved) If we can win back their trust and attract some new fans, we can keep up the momentum and build on the early positivity this season has brought.

Yeah I feel the same first ever season I've started going to most of the away games as well it's nice going into games looking forward to it rather than past seasons knowing we've lost the second the lineup comes out. We've actually got football people running the club now and guys that want to have a good relationship with the fans I noticed McGowan wasn't there last night hopefully the club have told him not to come back to our games. If we do manage to buy the stadium like Seref is saying I think it will be massive and hopefully it does happen. Looking forward to next week hopefully we get a positive result.

22 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

To clarify, you own a season ticket, you had the QR code in your possession to allow you to enter using the season ticket, but still decided to purchase a match day ticket at either twenty or ten pounds just so you got into the game 5 minutes quicker? 🤨

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

To clarify, you own a season ticket, you had the QR code in your possession to allow you to enter using the season ticket, but still decided to purchase a match day ticket at either twenty or ten pounds just so you got into the game 5 minutes quicker? 🤨

I didn't want to risk missing anymore of the game and the queue for the paying tickets was a lot quicker. Tbf the second half made up for it all 😂