Hibernian v St.Mirren - League Cup QF

Lyle Lanley

FT 4-2
We done a job on them first half, they did a job on us second half. 
What a terrible half of football from us, from such a great position. Just didn't manage the game at all, gutting. What a chance for a semi final missed, again. We defended terribly for the whole half.
The second goal in particular is a sickener. Taylor had his weekly rush of blood to the head, charged out of position, gave the ball away, and left a big hole behind him. Sometimes he gets away with it, he didn't tonight. 
Thought the subs were wrong too, no idea how Olusyana survived the first cull, he was shocking. Taking Kiltie off instead of him?
Another failure of a cup campaign and still no Hampden trip for the fans since 2013 - can't count those two COVID semi finals.

Fair play to Hibs and Montgomery. Thought we were comfortable first half. Second half Montgomery changed it and Hibs were the better team. Our equaliser came against the run of play and I thought that might turn the momentum of the game. To lose such a quick goal after equalising was a sore one.

I'd be happy to see Hibs go and win it now.

Boyle may be a cheating b*****d. But what a valuable cheat to have in your team.  

Won the foul (about his 8th) that got them possession back then when Gogic’s interception fell to him hits it in off the underside of the var.  

Even after that still thought we’d come back and equalise.  

Not to be.  Frustrating as not going to do a Well fan and pretend I didn’t want to win this game.