Hibs vs. Dundee - the big swinging dicks destruction derby - Saturday 30th September 3pm #HiDees

A very enjoyable game to watch and a brilliant point in a match Hibs really should have won. 
some decent football played by us too, we’re the best we have been since the first season up under Hartley. 
A massive improvement in Hibs though, the only way is up for both teams. 

Good game. Hibs played very well. Not a fan of your right back though. Hibs should have won, but thought we defended very well. Played decent football at times. Beck and McCowan were class. Carson is a very good keeper. Great point. 

Edited by Liam899

Not long home. Defended for our lives and perhaps gave Hibs a bit too much respect as the second half wore on but one of the most enjoyable 0-0 draws I've attended in a long time. 

Hibs need to get rid of that RB Miller though. Looked awful in a suspect Hibs back line. 

Edited by Ludo*1

Christ, Edinburgh traffic is murder. Over an hour from Easter Road to the bridge. 

A deserved point for us, but could have been 3 right at the death. 

We need to start turning these draws into wins though. If we had a decent striker, we might just be able to. 

47 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not long home. Defended for our lives and perhaps gave Hibs a bit too much respect as the second half wore on but one of the most enjoyable 0-0 draws I've attended in a long time. 

Hibs need to get rid of that RB Miller though. Looked awful in a suspect Hibs back line. 

I thought part of that reason was Hibs brought on their subs around about 15 minutes into the 2nd half.  Some of our players were knackered after doing so much running / tracking back.  McCowan in particular absolutely ran himself into the ground today.

Totally agree that it was an extreme enjoyable 0-0 and you don’t say that too often.

37 minutes ago, The Master said:

Christ, Edinburgh traffic is murder. Over an hour from Easter Road to the bridge. 

We need to start turning these draws into wins though. If we had a decent striker, we might just be able to. 

You can thank Edinburgh Council for the traffic with them closing some of the roads. 

48 minutes ago, The Master said:

We’re bound to be building confidence. Thought Bakayoko and Rudden looked better than Bakayoko and Robinson. 
A very enjoyable season so far. 

10 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Won't have to worry about things like that in Dundee once the yanks build nou campy and you finish off our beautiful monorail.

I’ve decided to take the yanks money for your monorail and run off to Tahiti instead. 

28 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

You can thank Edinburgh Council for the traffic with them closing some of the roads. 

If he's going back via Queensferry Road from a game at ER then it generally always awful on Saturdays early evening. Thankfully post match today I was happily heading for a curry in Leith rather than fighting traffic.   

Still like my Dundee brothers and sisters.  **

** dark blue variety

Edited by AndyM

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Try fucking living here. There are days when it is genuinely quicker for me to walk to Princes Street from Leith than use public transport. The tram is quick, but I live nowhere near the tram route so even that is a 20 minute walk away. Trying to get North/South in Edinburgh at rush hour is hilarious.

Point justified overall. 

Hibs had chances, so did we. We defended excellently but some of our link ups and general play was really impressive. Bakayoko continues to impress and what else can you say about Beck? Just a superb talent.

'Til next time, my Hi-Dee brothers. 

20 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Safe to say that both teams can walk away from this spectacle today as winners. We can always be assured that football comes out on top when these mighty titans clash.

Think the SPFL should award the Champions League slots to both teams regardless where both teams finish. 

24 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Great day out in Edinburgh and enjoyable to be part of a noisy away support. Beck the most exciting Dundee player for years, enjoy him while we can. 

The more I watch him the more I'm convinced he'll be recalled and end up somewhere else in January. 

1 hour ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Great day out in Edinburgh and enjoyable to be part of a noisy away support. Beck the most exciting Dundee player for years, enjoy him while we can. 

They say never to fall in love with a loan player, but I’m already in love.