Hibernian v Aberdeen League Cup Semi-Final

Lyle Lanley

Ok lads, I have now had (extremely bad, but unavoidable planning) 2 nights on the bevvy, and another day tomorrow 🤪

I am now thinking that one side is going to skelp the other by 4 goals.

Cannae work out which one is winning though.........

16 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Ok lads, I have now had (extremely bad, but unavoidable planning) 2 nights on the bevvy, and another day tomorrow 🤪

I am now thinking that one side is going to skelp the other by 4 goals.

Cannae work out which one is winning though.........

Tavares hat-trick. 

11 hours ago, Dunty said:

What's the story with yellow cards, is anyone running the risk of being suspended or was that rule changed as it is in England, where no-one can miss the final unless it's a red card in the semi.

Beaton is ref today!
So expect a red or two to make things easier for his boys in the final. 🤔

I am optimistic about today's game. I've been optimistic against decent opponents twice this season, once against the darkside, correctly as it turns out, and once against PAOK, which was right for 3/4 of the match. Extrapolate fron that and we'll go three up in the first half before losing 5-3. 

Currently having a break from reasonably enjoyable sing-songs on a bus down - as they have misguidedly gone down the Oasis route for a few mins, f**k that.

I like this - we are not playing one of the weegie duo, and we’re not strong favourites against a ‘smaller’ club.

Similar budgets, crowd, undulating form, strengths/weaknesses etc - only slight concern is allowing Hibs a Tuesday fixture and an extra day’s rest - may be a factor if it goes beyond 90.

Other than that, bring it on and may the best team win, as long as they’re wearing red.

11 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Currently having a break from reasonably enjoyable sing-songs on a bus down - as they have misguidedly gone down the Oasis route for a few mins, f**k that.

I like this - we are not playing one of the weegie duo, and we’re not strong favourites against a ‘smaller’ club.

Similar budgets, crowd, undulating form, strengths/weaknesses etc - only slight concern is allowing Hibs a Tuesday fixture and an extra day’s rest - may be a factor if it goes beyond 90.

Other than that, bring it on and may the best team win, as long as they’re wearing red.

Most of our team’s fourth match in nine days, extra time might be a stretch too far.

Would be lying if I didn't say I was a tad jealous of the Aberdeen & Hibs fans today, late afternoon kick off against similar level opposition at Hampden, I imagine there will be a few drinking casualties that don't make the game.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

What’s wrong with Oasis? 

12 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Would be lying if I didn't say I was a tad jealous of the Aberdeen & Hibs fans today, late afternoon kick off against similar level opposition at Hampden, I imagine there will be a few drinking casualties that don't make the game.

Might struggle to find my seat before kick off myself. 

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Actual casualties as well by the looks of it. Quite a lot of fighting in the city centre between the two.

Edited by AJF