St J v Livi - 30th Sept

Liam Gordon could always try positioning himself properly so he can head away aimless long punts forward instead of letting them sail over his head and therefore avoid having to engage in clumsy foot races with opposition forwards. Just an idea. 

15 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

I remember Livi fans were very upset when I said Nouble goes down easily.

That's not a one off. He goes down in installments.

The hand on his back isn't forceful enough, but it also looks like his foot gets clicked together.

The amount of times Nouble is being held onto, pushed and kicked in a game is unreal, and doesn't get anywhere near the fouls he should because he tries to keep on going. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Only watched Sportscene, so my comments might be way off.

First goal looks like Kelly's fault. We've seen every time that he plays as a CB that he's nowhere near a premiership level player at that point, but for some reason we keep trying. De Lucas has to have had a knock to be dropped for Kelly, if not it's insanity. I know De Lucas didn't have a brilliant couple of games with the OF, but he's still been our best CB this season IMO. And I include Devlin in that. Shamal also should do better. I really like Shamal as a player as he's the best keeper at claiming crosses since we got promoted, but he's having one too many shot-stopping errors so far this season.

Penalty is a little soft, but fair. Nouble gets clipped, Gordon's just an idiot as he's going nowhere. Delighted to score a penalty again, it's been a while.

Red card is valid. Nouble get clipped, Gordon's just an idiot as he's flying in recklessly with a straight leg. Michael Stewart going 'but he didn't touch him' is the daftest opinion that's come out of his mouth in a while, and it's got some contenders. He's millimeters away from a leg break. It's not 1920 any more, it's dangerous and reckless and he got lucky.

St Johnstone are going to struggle this season. We could be 4th, we could be 11th.

Just watched the highlights there, clear penalty and clear red card. 

I understand football fans can have this weird bias, but disagreeing with those decisions is just deliberately being wrong. 

Edit: to be clear I'm meaning folk who have watched it back and still think otherwise

Edited by LiviLion

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Is Eric Nicolson known for his greeting faced ramblings? His article about the great injustice St Johnstone faced at a red card and a penalty is laughable given both were the correct decision.

The fact the Sportscene "experts" agree with him probably highlights their lack of interest in any game not involving the OF more than anything. 

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

Only watched Sportscene, so my comments might be way off.

First goal looks like Kelly's fault. We've seen every time that he plays as a CB that he's nowhere near a premiership level player at that point, but for some reason we keep trying. De Lucas has to have had a knock to be dropped for Kelly, if not it's insanity. I know De Lucas didn't have a brilliant couple of games with the OF, but he's still been our best CB this season IMO. And I include Devlin in that. Shamal also should do better. I really like Shamal as a player as he's the best keeper at claiming crosses since we got promoted, but he's having one too many shot-stopping errors so far this season.

Penalty is a little soft, but fair. Nouble gets clipped, Gordon's just an idiot as he's going nowhere. Delighted to score a penalty again, it's been a while.

Red card is valid. Nouble get clipped, Gordon's just an idiot as he's flying in recklessly with a straight leg. Michael Stewart going 'but he didn't touch him' is the daftest opinion that's come out of his mouth in a while, and it's got some contenders. He's millimeters away from a leg break. It's not 1920 any more, it's dangerous and reckless and he got lucky.

St Johnstone are going to struggle this season. We could be 4th, we could be 11th.

Thought the same as you at first glance, but giving him some slack as the pass looks like it was meant for the player Kelly was running to but it ends up going past him and another St Johnstone player runs onto it. Agree with you on leaving out de Lucas, Kelly just isn't very good in defence, he has had decent games playing opposite Holt as a DM, but i wouldn't have him as a defender.

Looking at the table just now, i think we'll be somewhere between 8th and 10th (hopefully not below that), Aberdeen having some good results now and Hibs looking better after punting their manager, Hearts too though will prob be top 6, and St Mirren are flying (even if they drop off they're likely to be around 5th or 6th, and Motherwell are looking better than us too. Dundee, Killie, County and us are prob making up 8th-11th.

Hopefully we'll have our usual strong run around Nov-Jan and move up to top 6, giving us breathing space from the bottom places. Could do with turning some of these draws into wins just now though.

31 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The fact the Sportscene "experts" agree with him probably highlights their lack of interest in any game not involving the OF more than anything. 

Aye they just sat there smirking giving stupid opinions. It made me wince seeing how close Nouble came to getting his leg broken, you'd be jumping over that if you saw it coming to avoid a leg breaker, and by their logic that would mean it isn't a red card for endangering an opponent, fucking idiots.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im simply not having that as a penalty, you see that incident about 8 times a match and its literally never given as a foul.

He's having his arm pulled, gets a push in the back and his heel clipped. 3 fouls in the space of a few seconds. 

We do see it about 8 times a game tbf, Nouble just usually gets nothing for it

32 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

He's having his arm pulled, gets a push in the back and his heel clipped. 3 fouls in the space of a few seconds. 

We do see it about 8 times a game tbf, Nouble just usually gets nothing for it

Nouble initiates the arm stuff, and throws his elbow at one point.

The push and clip arent ones refs usually punish in those situations either, and i think VAR agree with the ref if he doesn't give a penalty there too.

Ultimately the fault lies with Gordon for even giving the officials the chance to f**k up, i think he just panicked when he realised he'd lose the foot race and lost track of where he was. Nouble was doing absolutely nothing if he even caught the ball due to the pace it was going at.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ultimately the fault lies with Gordon for even giving the officials the chance to f**k up, i think he just panicked when he realised he'd lose the foot race and lost track of where he was. Nouble was doing absolutely nothing if he even caught the ball due to the pace it was going at.

Agree with this. 

There's a couple of slight clips of the heel and an attempt to nudge him in the back, however Gordon letting Nouble get in front of him before trying to tussle is crazy defending given where the ball is. If he starts this when they're side by side he probably would have been fine

In terms of the game itself, a decent point given our defensive injuries. Poor first half, better second half and another point away from home. Given our atrocious away record last year, a win and two draws in 4 games seems like progress 

Edited by The Wrong Car

21 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

So, Nouble himself says he didn't think it'd be a penalty, Martindale thought it was 'fortunate' and Saints now appealing the red.

If, Saints appeal for the red is upheld, what comeback on the ref and VAR team? 

Nouble gets very few decisions in his favour, no surprise he didn't think he would get it. Martindale's "fortunate" quote wasn't in relation to the penalty being soft but in the respect that we were fortunate we were offered a way back into the game by Gordon's poor defending.

"We tweaked a couple of bits and bobs at halftime and get a wee bit fortunate in terms of how we got the entry into the box for the penalty. Joel sees the space and does really well so we get a wee bit fortunate in how we got back into the game.

3 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

So, Nouble himself says he didn't think it'd be a penalty, Martindale thought it was 'fortunate' and Saints now appealing the red.

If, Saints appeal for the red is upheld, what comeback on the ref and VAR team? 

Nouble gets fouled that often without being awarded a foul he's always surprised when he actually gets one. Once when he complained to the ref about being held onto and fouled he got told, you're a big guy, you can deal with it.

The pen was in the soft variety, given or not given i doubt VAR would've reversed the decision.