St J v Livi - 30th Sept

Our back line is tragic on paper, not sure if it’s a 4 or 5, but think it’s a 5 with 2 of the slowest players in the league with Kelly and Parkes. Criticised the lineups before this season and it’s worked, so here’s hoping again. All I’m saying just now if st j can’t score against that back 3 they should fold as a professional club.

2 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Our back line is tragic on paper, not sure if it’s a 4 or 5, but think it’s a 5 with 2 of the slowest players in the league with Kelly and Parkes. Criticised the lineups before this season and it’s worked, so here’s hoping again. All I’m saying just now if st j can’t score against that back 3 they should fold as a professional club.

Our lone striker today didnt complete a pass last time he started and was criticised by the manager for his fitness a few days ago...

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Away tickets - https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/travelling-support

You dont get a physical ticket they'll email you it. Remember to screenshot it though as the signal around the stadium is shit.

Bus or taxi from the train station, unsure whats best depending on your time. Walking would take a while.

Thank you, I was looking at the ‘Away Tickets’ section instead of ‘Travelling Support’! Getting slow here.

5 minutes ago, Muirton Saint said:

No clue what the formation could be, again no strike partnership up top.

20230930_134835.jpg

Wright at right back. 

4-3-3 ISH or 4-5-1 depending on how you want to look at it I think. 

Carey and Costelloe wide on either side. Jephcott down the middle. Midfield central three it Sprangler, Phillips and Max. 

Could be a 4-4-2 as well if Costelloe is up front with Jephcott and Max wide right. Thinking that's less likely though. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Wright at right back. 

4-3-3 ISH or 4-5-1 depending on how you want to look at it I think. 

Carey and Costelloe wide on either side. Jephcott down the middle. Midfield central three it Sprangler, Phillips and Max. 

Could be a 4-4-2 as well if Costelloe is up front with Jephcott and Max wide right. Thinking that's less likely though. 

Max will be on the right i think. Carey central and high like against Rangers.

To be fair that’s not the worst team we could put out by a long way. 

The defence and midfield looks okay when you look at our options, and Drey at right back is worth a try as Olufunwa and Brown haven’t covered themselves in glory.

But yet again we look to have no threat up front. Time for Jephcott to give us something.

18 minutes ago, Muirton Saint said:

No clue what the formation could be, again no strike partnership up top.

20230930_134835.jpg

Looks extremely worrying to me.

Why do we have an unfit striker up front on his own?

Who is RB?

Oh Macca. 

Edit: In Macca we trust 😬

Edited by shibbydoo

17 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

To be fair that’s not the worst team we could put out by a long way. 

This, but at the same time im going to be terrified every time Livingston get a set play they can put in the box.

Gordon and Considine aside i cant see a single player who can win a defensive header.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This, but at the same time im going to be terrified every time Livingston get a set play they can put in the box.

Gordon and Considine aside i cant see a single player who can win a defensive header.

Sven got his head on quite a bit against Hibs. 

Just now, Widge said:

Sven got his head on quite a bit against Hibs. 

Aye forgot about him.

Ive got Obileye first scorer as a prediction so im feeling good about my chances.

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

According to CC, it’s a 3 at the back. Can only imagine that means Obileye, Parkes and Kelly from what I can see. 

If so that’s tragic. 352, dropping Luiyi for Kelly is woeful. 

Playing Parkes in a back 3 is disastrous - fr too slow; even a geriatric Stevie May could have a field-day.

Just now, Durnford said:

Playing Parkes in a back 3 is disastrous - fr too slow; even a geriatric Stevie May could have a field-day.

I mean he’ll be doing well when he’s not on the pitch. Also he’s 30, if that’s geriatric then I’m fucked! 

11 minutes ago, Widge said:

I mean he’ll be doing well when he’s not on the pitch. Also he’s 30, if that’s geriatric then I’m fucked! 

I'm 66 so I'm double phuqued. I suppose what I'm saying is even a geriatric Stevie many could score rather than Stevie my is geriatric.

Could do with a haircut and shave though.