St J v Livi - 30th Sept

Were the roadworks at Tesco? Only explanation i can think of tbh.

As for parking i think a lot of people use West Mains Avenue or streets just off it? As it gives decent access to Broxden.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Were the roadworks at Tesco? Only explanation i can think of tbh.

As for parking i think a lot of people use West Mains Avenue or streets just off it? As it gives decent access to Broxden.

It was raining quite heavily at the time. We were quite near the stadium so at the back of the queue; when everyone was funneled on the the A85 (Crief Road?) but even so some people insisted in wanting to turn right. from turning right.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

It was raining quite heavily at the time. We were quite near the stadium so at the back of the queue; when everyone was funneled on the the A85 (Crief Road?) but even so some people insisted in wanting to turn right. from turning right.

Come into the ground on the opposite side, and there is an away car park, this has a road that slips directly onto the a9, rather than having to come out onto Crieff Road.

As others have already put, if Devlin plays then we can be confident of at least a draw but if he doesn't, a St Johnstone win is more likely. It's not just that Devlin is captain and the best centre back but also that the tactics change. The three centre backs much better suits De Lucas and Obileye, it means Penrice and Nouble both start farther forward on the left, and the extra defensive cover allows us to play Shinnie at centre mid.

It doesn't  really matter what players, or system Dave starts  with tomorrow, we should all know by now what will happen , they'll shuffle  into their usual  9  playing in their own half, 1 midfielder in the opposition  half, and big  Kurtis ' Noddy' Guthrie nodding  the ball into  No mans land.   The 2 Kelly's, Pittman and Shinnie are  hopeless  with their ball  control..  especially  Pittman. ..I would put  De Lucus into midfield, he can trap and control the ball ,and run with it with his long strides,

Nouble will do most of his lazy work out wide on the halfway line, Penrice can hurt the opposition  with his runs ,but Dave will have him doubling  up at  left back, Holt will be his usual self playing up to the half way line, then retreating  back to the 18 yard box

Edited by Scrutinizer

Have a feeling that McLean won't move too many about from.the hibs game, although he should, but my ideal line up would be:

Mitov

Olufanwa, Gordon, Considine, Robinson

Sprangler

Max Phillips Franczak 

Wright

Jephcott

I'd have Wright and Max interchanging, with one right of the 3 midfield and the other sitting just off the loan striker.

Given the lack of options up front and the obvious thst May cannot play as a lone striker, if Jephcott doesn't start, he never will.

The alternative is you play May and Jephcott as a pair.

Livi will bully saints and I worry that particular at centre back, we need more physicality than we get from McLelland.

I'm sure McLean will be giving the message that we have played 4 of the likely top 6 in our first 6 games and it's games like this one that will make or break a season. Win and that table looks much better and we will in most liklihood draw level with Aberdeen, lose and erm, we become a bit cut off. 

At the last minute I can make this one! I’m sure it’s been asked a million times before (sorry) but:

- can I buy an away ticket at McDiarmird Park today? (None available for sale on OS)

- what’s the best way to get to stadium from Perth train station? (#1 bus?) Cheers

Edited by crispy

3 minutes ago, crispy said:

At the last minute I can make this one! I’m sure it’s been asked a million times before (sorry) but:

- can I buy an away ticket at McDiarmird Park today? (None available for sale on OS)

- what’s the best way to get to stadium from Perth train station? Cheers

Away tickets - https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/travelling-support

You dont get a physical ticket they'll email you it. Remember to screenshot it though as the signal around the stadium is shit.

Bus or taxi from the train station, unsure whats best depending on your time. Walking would take a while.

37 minutes ago, crispy said:

- what’s the best way to get to stadium from Perth train station? (#1 bus?) Cheers

Usually a cash gate except old firm matches.

Steven MacLean carries a sort of goodwill that his predecessor never did (despite everything he achieved) simply because of the passion he speaks with but we can't go on as we are for much longer:

1 win and 7 defeats in 10 games. Failed to score in 7/10 games. Max Kucheriavyi only player to score a goal in last 70 days.

Sometimes you can't just blindly give a manager time, even if you can't be certain that he won't turn things round. Especially when he's been in the buidling for a while before assuming a new role. That actually makes it harder for MacLean. He has tried to change things but he's still tainted by Davidson to an extent. It's the harsh reality of life.

You always get your mob that serially want managers sacked so the easiest thing to do right now if you want to be be seen as rational is just bite your tongue but when your gut instinct is so strong it's hard.

Can only hope being put in the unfamiliar situation of desperately wanting a manager out, as was the case with Davidson, has polluted my mind and I've got it very wrong about Steven MacLean.