Rangers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

349 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 05/10/2023 at 10:25, Florentine_Pogen said:

Copied from 'elsewhere'...........

"Been checking out their next manager poll on FF - the only ones getting above 8% are are Potter, Gallardo and Knutsen.
So here's another list - the six actual managerial appointments in their club's history.

McCoist
Warburton
Caixinha
Gerrard
Van Bronckhorst
Beale

Two of those - McCoist and Gerrard - had zero managerial experience in senior football, anywhere.
Another two - Warburton and Beale - had zero managerial experience in top-flight football, anywhere.
The only one who had previous experience at a big club was Gio, and they only attracted him because he was an ex-player.
How they can project from those six and find themselves at Potter, Gallardo, Knutsen is mindboggling. They must be elbow-deep in deludamol & crystal meth."

I queried out loud that if Celtic were such a huge amazing best club in world, why they'd had to resign Lennon then Rodgers as managers rather than huge amazing European manager......

On 05/10/2023 at 09:29, Ludo*1 said:

Steve Bruce & Sam Allardyce throwing their names into the hat.

The banter potential is absolutely massive with either of them, but they'd be too competent to have a chance of the job IMO.

Big Sam is too Scottish. [parents] They'll appoint some foreign dud. Or a meringue?

14 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I queried out loud that if Celtic were such a huge amazing best club in world, why they'd had to resign Lennon then Rodgers as managers rather than huge amazing European manager......

They are European minnows from a footballing backwater. 

The overall feeling I get from Rangers fans is that they want a “winner” to be in charge. Without even wanting to slag them too much how many “winners” do they think are out there and waiting for a job.

Personally, and I hope it doesn’t happen, I think Sam Allardyce is probably the best shout to at least take the job until May however it feels like they feel they are above such an appointment.

52 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

The overall feeling I get from Rangers fans is that they want a “winner” to be in charge. Without even wanting to slag them too much how many “winners” do they think are out there and waiting for a job.

Personally, and I hope it doesn’t happen, I think Sam Allardyce is probably the best shout to at least take the job until May however it feels like they feel they are above such an appointment.

Lottery winners who have suffered the 'curse' after winning life-changing  money - Edinburgh Live

Sam Allardyce is a c**t of a man but he's a very good football manager despite his 'style'. I was fucking delighted when he fucked it with England as I thought he'd have done well with them, certainly better than Southgate.

9 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

This is exactly the issue. The big names are being bandied about. They aren’t going take an interest in the job. They will be looking at B rate managers who will be hoping it’s a door into a job down in England if they do slightly well.

I can see it being Davis and Rae until next summer as they won’t attract the manager they want and will hope one the names in England lose their job before then and try approach them 

37 minutes ago, Moorie said:

This is exactly the issue. The big names are being bandied about. They aren’t going take an interest in the job. They will be looking at B rate managers who will be hoping it’s a door into a job down in England if they do slightly well.

I can see it being Davis and Rae until next summer as they won’t attract the manager they want and will hope one the names in England lose their job before then and try approach them 

As much as I want this to be true there is no chance this is going to happen after the result on Thursday. 

35 minutes ago, Moorie said:

I doubt that. If they were to lose on Sunday , with the prospect of Hibs , Hearts and a LC Semi round the corner , they'll be forced in to an appointment !

16 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

They want the same thing theyve wanted for the past 20 years, and thats Walter Smith.

Its like they cant move past him.

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

Thankfully it appears Lampard is now out of the running. Final stage interviews being held next week apparently. Going to be Muscat, isn’t it?

Looks like it.  He was an idiotic thug as a player, not sure what he is like as a coach.  

14 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Looks like it.  He was an idiotic thug as a player, not sure what he is like as a coach.  

Yeah, me neither. From what I gather, he had a terrible spell in Belgium sandwiched between successful stints in Australia and now Japan.

No idea what his style of play is like though.