FM24

ajwffc

13 hours ago, Mr November said:

Anyone else having a daft amount of high scoring games so far? I started a save as Spartans and so far we’ve beaten Bonnyrigg 6-0, lost 5-1 to Rangers B, beat Dumbarton 8-4 and have just beat Elgin 7-3 (6-3 at half time). 

That appears to be the case with every new version of this game tbh. It's their way of reeling people in.

14 hours ago, Mr November said:

Anyone else having a daft amount of high scoring games so far? I started a save as Spartans and so far we’ve beaten Bonnyrigg 6-0, lost 5-1 to Rangers B, beat Dumbarton 8-4 and have just beat Elgin 7-3 (6-3 at half time). 

Yeah, my first game as Bayern I beat Mainz 8-4. Ha

Goalkeepers seem to get injured every other game which will definitely be a bug, have seen others complain about this too.

The old game engine throwing up more shots hitting the woodwork than goals needs sorting as well, games where both teams hit the post/bar 5 or more times each? Come on man that's not how football works.

Media handling and players falling out with you over praise seem completely random too.

I haven't played a new version of this for 10 years now but I'm sure improvements are on the way.

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

That appears to be the case with every new version of this game tbh. It's their way of reeling people in.

This. The beta is always a bit easy compared to the full game.

Theres definitely improvements from 23, but also similar bugs  

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Goalkeepers seem to get injured every other game which will definitely be a bug, have seen others complain about this too.

The old game engine throwing up more shots hitting the woodwork than goals needs sorting as well, games where both teams hit the post/bar 5 or more times each? Come on man that's not how football works.

Media handling and players falling out with you over praise seem completely random too.

I haven't played a new version of this for 10 years now but I'm sure improvements are on the way.

You've  missed a lot in the last 10 years.

Improvements might come next year when they finally release a proper new version

I'm actually enjoying it for a change, most I've enjoyed a fresh release of the game in years.  Probably because I'm yet to get found out, but still.

Started with Thistle and a muckaround save for now and sitting top of the Championship with the lead getting narrower and narrower as we gradually shit ourselves.  Quite realistic in that sense.  Signed a handsome Iranian chap called Masoud Shojaei to be the main playmaker, and he was...alright I guess.  Although in January he believed he wouldn't get his work permit renewed, so he's decided not to be arsed really trying anymore.  Which is new, I think.  Also picked up a 35 year old Cheick Diabate in January, who has been a much better head on a stick than Brian Graham managed, particularly for someone who started his career a year before Zander MacKenzie was even born.

EDIT: Ended up not pissing it up the wall, although after a putrid run of form, and facing a title decider on final day against a resurgent Dundee United, they lost 3-0 to Arbroath on game 35, while Dunfermline and ICT both drew.  We were handed the title after another truly putrid 0-0 against Ayr.  Yass.

Edited by forameus

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Adam Le Fondre on £15k a week :lol: 

He unfortunately doesn't have a wage set, which is an oversight on our part, and as a result, the game refers back to his previous salary, which presumable was $15,000AUS and therefore decides that he's on £15k. But he's not been set as that, if that makes sense.

So it's an unfortunate one and will be sorted as soon as we can.

On 08/11/2023 at 14:35, Ludo*1 said:

Someone's taking the piss with the Dundee team.

Cillian Sheridan, Zak Rudden, Niall McGinn & Joe Grayson all listed in the favourite personnel section. :lol:

I’m sure this has been raised before because Celtic were missing people or had some weird personnel included. The favoured personnel are selected by the clubs due to the SPFL being licensed.

Id heard Gerry Strain instead of Struthers for once has requested some weird changes at Accies (not surprising).