FM24

ajwffc

15 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone else not enjoying it this year. So many bugs in the game and SI apologising for it. 

Initial interest in the game has waned for me, but I still don't really see anything serious bug-wise in my save.  Not to say they're not there, but I'm yet to see something that really puts me off playing.  It's fine at the moment, nothing revolutionary, has bugs as it always does, but otherwise OK.  Although most of my time is going in working in the editor to be honest, so it's ages since I've properly played the game.  Don't think I've had a serious play of it since the last update.

Does seem like the reaction to this title is slightly more hysterical than usual.

9 hours ago, forameus said:

Initial interest in the game has waned for me, but I still don't really see anything serious bug-wise in my save.  Not to say they're not there, but I'm yet to see something that really puts me off playing.  It's fine at the moment, nothing revolutionary, has bugs as it always does, but otherwise OK.  Although most of my time is going in working in the editor to be honest, so it's ages since I've properly played the game.  Don't think I've had a serious play of it since the last update.

Does seem like the reaction to this title is slightly more hysterical than usual.

Most serious bugs for me is player interaction which is frankly worse than ever before. AI not making any subs at all is another one, 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Yeah it feels very half arsed this year, a lot of bugs simple ones to spot by anyone who plays the game (excessive goals scored, excessive goals scored in 10 minute flurries, AI managers preferring wing play, AI managers not making subs, fixture pile ups, player interactions broken). Thats on top of multiple leagues that simply dont work. Assume theyre focussed entirely on next year already and just refusing to admit it yet.

Ive managed to get a fairly realistic game out of it, simply by refusing to touch any pressing settings (balanced tactic + high press + high line = guaranteed success no matter what the level or team), and its fairly enjoyable tbh. Managing Scotland U19s and had this heartbreaker.

ScotlandUnder19svSpainUnder19s_Review.thumb.png.4ee8f8f5430fa6dc7c82aaae9f550dd7.thumb.png.db7c2a4a6326278d6bb42296d390bc9c.png

Bought this after a few years out, think 20 or 21 was my last one. Already regret it. Its literally the same game, has been for about 10 years now. 

I think the only "new features" added in that time is the new set pieces, everything else is just UI tweaks. But what does it matter when mug punters like myself will continue buying the game.

5 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Bought this after a few years out, think 20 or 21 was my last one. Already regret it. Its literally the same game, has been for about 10 years now. 

I think the only "new features" added in that time is the new set pieces, everything else is just UI tweaks. But what does it matter when mug punters like myself will continue buying the game.

I think the match engine is the best it's been for a long time. Most of the new features of the game this year have huge bugs to which SI apologised for. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had most editions of CM/FM since about 2001. I never noticed much difference between probably 18 and 22. I didn't get 23 but I' quite enjoying FM24.

I've got a save going with Kashiwa Reysol in Japan. I've been calling for the J Leagues to be added to the game for years. In my first season I won the league playing a 4-1-4-1 with 2 attacking mids, 2 attacking inside forwards and an advanced forward. I made a shitty start until I started using this formation then scored some amount of goals. I got pumped out the League Cup in the group stages and beat in the All Japan cup semi final on pens by Vissel Kobe.

I did initially find there to be far too many VAR reviews for goals and pens but that's probably a given we don't have VAR in League 2. The match engine is definitely better than previous years.

I've made a few singings and had an indifferent start to season 2 but I'm on 7 points after 5 games behind Yokohama F.M.

Overall, the game isn't that noticeably different from the past 2-3 editions but it's a slight improvement, IMO.

Got Queen of the South into the SPL after two straight very surprising promotions. Budget wise miles off it in SPL and taking few beatings.

Aye tactic tweaks to look at that may help trying to survive in league?

I was playing 4-3-1-2 until this point but just gets rolled over in this league.

I'm having some issues loading my big FM22 save that I have a thread for (still trying to find a way to bring it back) so started a game with QP in this to pass the time. Not sure how I feel about it as a game in general, I'm really struggling to find a tactic that works and I am getting fed up of the amount of tap ins I concede inside my own 6 yard box, tried everything from the highest defensive line possible to the lowest and nothing seems to stop them. Could say it is realistic because QP have been hoaching in real life this year I suppose...

Just approaching January in my first season, in the promotion playoff places in the Championship. Used most of the budget to secure long term contracts for key players/prospects and also bulked the squad out with four loanees from EPL clubs where I'm paying nothing towards wages. I did however sign two experienced mercenaries who have had contrasting fortunes. Stephen Caulker has been my best defender, whereas Gervinho has been absolutely stinking and I have tried repeatedly to offer him mutual termination but he's not having it. He must know it's the last contract he'll ever get. 

I'm in 2029, having started off my career in Japan.

Having dossed about in the J3 league with Kamatamare Sanuki for a couple of seasons, I then landed a much bigger job with Matsumoto Yamaga, who'd been relegated to J3 & were looking for an immediate return.

With a handsome budget for the level, I duly delivered & was well on track for back to back promotions when Urawa Red Diamonds of the J1 League came calling. I couldn't turn that down & so upped sticks yet again.

Steadied the ship at Urawa in the first half season & then kicked on in the second, winning the J1 League title & bringing a coveted Asian Champions League spot with it.

My overall long-term aim in the save is to win each continent's Champions League. I tried it a few years back (starting in South Africa) & ended up ticking off Africa & Asia before other commitments stopped me playing quite as often. Hoping for similar success - & more! - this time around.

Not a huge fan of the date overlap between the J-League & Asian Champions League.

Was comfortably 2/3 of the way through the domestic season before the preliminary rounds for the competition so much as kicked off. I'm not sure I have the headspace to process the fact the continental competition straddles two domestic seasons.

image.thumb.png.4af284d06a4adc47c65d3b4b6a28807b.png

The first piece of the puzzle - Asian Champions League winners 2030.

Urawa Red Diamonds 4-4 Al-Hilal (Urawa winning on away goals after a 3-3 draw in Saudi in the second leg).

Delighted with this. Not least because I'd ramped up the pressure on myself by agreeing a move to Kaizer Chiefs - come what may - at the end of the South African season.

Next stop, South Africa for the African title.

Was just looking for something to f**k around with so I am doing 5 seasons with one of the first teams relegated from the EPL, ended up with Everton.  

Have just got them promoted again and sitting 8th in the middle of November - part of that reason is of the bigger clubs we have only played Newcastle.  The game decided to give me all the big clubs together (!!!)

December.png.5c747b87e87767ef00aa4dbc345cbb5f.png

If anything goes wrong after christmas im most likely fucked because if thats my december it means this is my run in.  

Runin.png.d6767099326897348793fc69a9ae121c.png

I get you have to play these teams being up there but it feels very harsh being in that order :lol:

played FM quite regularly up until a few years ago, got the new one the other day. Started a save with Motherwell just to get my bearings. Found it almost impossible to bring in a striker. Wages being the main stumbling block, the 10k transfer pot too.

anyone got any suggestions on cheap signings at the very start of the game?