Hardest managers in the league

16 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Top 3 of Big Dunc, Martindale and Gary Naysmith (his eyes always made him look like a complete psycho to me). Honourable mention to Derek McInnes and Lee Bullen. 

Bottom 3 of Veldman, John McGlynn and Ray McKinnon. Michael Beale would’ve been a certainty if he was still here. 

Give me your full list!

https://www.daftlogic.com/projects-cup-fixture-generator.htm

Will run the cup tomorrow, will add the names in the current league position.

To see the winner I will stick in a random numbers generator, but with my favourite “hard man” on each tie will be getting a plus one advantage, so yeah a crazy wee underdog ((Mad Cap (Campbell)) can win just like any fight, but my money is on Bullen claiming the inaugural title!

50 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Top 3 of Big Dunc, Martindale and Gary Naysmith (his eyes always made him look like a complete psycho to me). Honourable mention to Derek McInnes and Lee Bullen. 

Bottom 3 of Veldman, John McGlynn and Ray McKinnon. Michael Beale would’ve been a certainty if he was still here. 

I’ll pass that along if you don’t mind. John McGlynn when Veldman goes. Thank you.

11 hours ago, parsforlife said:

1.  Ferguson, no explanation needed

Big gap

2. murray,  isn't that keen but push his buttons and he'll go,  has enough about him to end things.

3.. goodwin,  he'll scrap but relies on getting a dirty one in early, if that's spotted and delt with he's done  

4. bullen- doesn't want the fight but will handle it if he needs too

5.  mcpake- up for a scrap, has abit of physicality to hold his own, fucked knee lets him down.

small gap

6.   Imrie,  up for a scrap, would be destroyed as soon as a fully grown adult chucked him about. 

7.  Doolan, Doesn't want violence,  stands his ground but beaten comfortably .

8. mccabe,  will fancy an argument, will crumble as soon as any threat of physicality came in

9. Campbell,  he'd been much higher, perhaps top 20 years ago,  he's nearly 70 tho ffs.  starts the fight, loses it quickly.

absolute chasm

10. Vieldman.    man would be trying to tell his opponent about how his philosophy was the right way to fight whilst getting his head kicked in.

I think Bullen would be top two - I wouldn't mess with him, and I'd probably give Ferguson more verbals.

Doolan is one of the fittest managers in Scotland - probably fitter than half the players - and he worked his way up from Junior football in Ayrshire. You don't do that without knowing how to handle yourself. I'd be happy with him at my back.

All the above should be thankful that the original hard as fook player/manager has retired. I still think he’d blooter all the above even now, but is no longer a football manager 

ladies and gentlemen and all the others, I give you 

Edited by Wacky

7 minutes ago, Wacky said:

All the above should be thankful that the original hard as fook player/manager has retired. I still think he’d blooter all the above even now, but is no longer a football manager 

ladies and gentlemen and all the others, I give you 

Souness is the ultimate hard man act, but really he’s just a dirty b*****d and isn’t willing to go into a fair scrap.   Being able to 2 foot someone from behind doesn’t make you hard, anyone can do that

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Souness is the ultimate hard man act, but really he’s just a dirty b*****d and isn’t willing to go into a fair scrap.   Being able to 2 foot someone from behind doesn’t make you hard, anyone can do that

Nah, he was willing to go face to face with them as well.

A thug, who happened to be good at the football.

19 hours ago, baba douche said:

Nah, he was willing to go face to face with them as well.

A thug, who happened to be good at the football.

I don’t know if this is true or not, but I heard when he was manager of that club formerly known as rangers, he apparently pinned a dressing room bully against the wall and told him “there’s only one hard man in this room and it’s no you” 

allegedly 

McPake strikes me as the type who would be more than willing to act hard, causing a fight by mouthing off and generally being a belligerent dickhead, but would then play the victim and hide behind Dave Mackay once it kicks off.

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

McPake strikes me as the type who would be more than willing to act hard, causing a fight by mouthing off and generally being a belligerent dickhead, but would then play the victim and hide behind Dave Mackay once it kicks off.

Definitely, McPake seems like the kind of guy who shouts come on then while running away

On 07/10/2023 at 23:34, DA Baracus said:

Give me your full list!

There’s too many unknowns for me - I don’t even know who Dougie Samuel is, never mind how hard he is.

All I’ll say is that I’m personally almost the direct opposite of hard, so I think that at least 40 of the 42 are harder than me. 

31 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I think he’s a lover not a fighter, he’d pump all the wimmin in the room while the supposed hard men are having a willie waving contest 

On 08/10/2023 at 12:37, parsforlife said:

I know a lad that knew Souness growing up in Edinburgh. He was hard as f**k.

Campbell would be in the Mr Fuji/Bobby Hennan role that he would need to be in a 6 man tag to even up his fighting days are over.

he can team up with two Arbroath hard man players