Which side are you on?

Suspect Device

In the 'war' between Hamas and Israel  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I could have sympathy no for the Palestinians if they mainly targeted the military and government.

I simply can't condone the killing of innocent civilians.

Change Palestinians for Israel and the point remains.

How exactly do you expect them to target the military or government from their current position of being illegally occupied and under siege?

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This is a ridiculous poll.  Far too complex an issue for such a reductive, binary choice.

It hasn't stopped Celtic fans from having a binary choice.

And it seems that both of our main political parties are nailing their colours to the Israeli side. No nuance at all and Starmer even condoning war crimes this afternoon.

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

It hasn't stopped Celtic fans from having a binary choice.

And it seems that both of our main political parties are nailing their colours to the Israeli side. No nuance at all and Starmer even condoning war crimes this afternoon.

As you point out ‘no nuance at all’ which of course is ridiculous, the matter cannot be discussed without context and nuance.  This just reinforces my point that your poll is ridiculous.

35 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I could have sympathy for the Palestinians if they mainly targeted the military and government.

I simply can't condone the killing of innocent civilians.

You have no sympathy for Palestinians because terrorists murdered civilians? 

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

OK, I should have said Hamas.

My mistake.

Always allowed to make mistakes.  

I disagree and have no sympathy for Hamas, their treatment of Palestinians is generally no better than that of Israel. 

They are scumbags, their charter contains great hits like this:

The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews." (related by al-Bukhari and Moslem).

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

This is a ridiculous poll.  Far too complex an issue for such a reductive, binary choice.

I agree Granny, yet it doesn't seem to deter politicians from across the globe rushing to immediate judgement.

Either they know more than the rest of us or they are fearful of the consequences of any hint of contemplation prior to condemnation.