Which side are you on?

Suspect Device

In the 'war' between Hamas and Israel  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Can you clarify these two sentences for me, because it comes across like you’re suggesting the hatred is mostly one-way - which would be, you know, ludicrous given the open calls for ethnic cleansing we’ve seen from Israeli officials and supporters in recent days. 

Israelis hate Palestinians entirely due to the behaviour of Palestinians. They are perfectly happy to co-exist with the countless other Muslim countries in the area.

Palestinians hate Israelis for being Jewish. 

It’s a false equivalence.

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

If I respond any further to you on this, I’ll end up banned.

I’ll just say that you might want to investigate how the Palestinians have been treated by the Israeli’s over the last 70 years. 

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

What do Israel really expect to gain from pounding Gaza and murdering women and kids? 

Shits and giggles? Netenwahoo getting his arse patted by Biden et al?

It’s an entirely revengeful move, IMO. Tough to blame them when the Palestinians are beheading Israeli babies, but yea, they’re not going to “gain” anything from it per se. War is a horrible thing. 

Guest DannyBlue

How quickly one can fall from

47 minutes ago, Donathan said:

It’s an incredibly complex issue

To

7 minutes ago, Donathan said:

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

After the Holocaust, with so many dead, it was understandable that the world might want to give the Jews a homeland of their own.

Unfortunately the area chosen was already somebody else's home.

The combined population of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip is comparable to that of Scotland and there are more than a million Palestinians in Israel itself.

That is a lot of displaced people and by all accounts they appear to be second-class citizens in the eyes of Israel.

Obviously the actions of Hamas should be condemned but what does Israel propose to allow ordinary Palestinians to have the same quality of life that they think Israelis are entitled to?

The problem with that is that the path was already set before the end of the 2nd world war. Balfour was a bit presumptuous just after the first war.

22 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

The problem with that is that the path was already set before the end of the 2nd world war. Balfour was a bit presumptuous just after the first war.

The Balfour Declaration was 1917, while WWI was in progress. Ironically, I think the Balfour Declaration was primarily antisemitic in its main objective, i.e. if the Jews have a homeland then they won't be here.

I offer these links only to demonstrate that there can be little understanding of the current situation without taking account of a broad spectrum of opinions.  Viewing thro only one partisan prism helps no-one.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/11/israel-palestine-war-biden-zelenskiy

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/oct/11/israel-hamas-attack-gaza-9-11-cautionary-tale

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III