Norway v Spain - Sunday 15/10/23

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

From Laws of the Game

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who 
deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered 
to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent.
A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or 
very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless 
the goalkeeper within the penalty area

Which part of the above do you think applied there, though?

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

From Laws of the Game

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who 
deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered 
to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent.
A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or 
very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless 
the goalkeeper within the penalty area

You’ve conveniently opted not to include the Laws of the Game’s definition of “deliberate”

53A55F0E-E0FD-48EC-9C8B-436D22E9CD04.jpeg

I was worried I'd never see Scotland in a major tournament after France 98. The late equaliser in Serbia did nothing to allay those fears.

To go from that moment to Qualify for back to back Euros (and I remain convinced we'd have been in Qatar as well had those games been played in March) is incredible.

Fabulous chance to qualify for Euro 2028 too. A real golden period for our National Team.

Stinker of a draw aside, Germany 2024 really could be the time we get out of the Group Stage...

Germany, Belgium, Portugal, Spain, France… Scotland.

I never gave a flying f**k about winning the group, just get there.

First tournament finals on the European continent since France 98… this will be every bit as good.

If Clarke can get us over our tournament incompetence, he’ll go down as the best ever Scotland manager… and I won’t make it back from Germany.

Drink it in, lads… drink it in…

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Which part of the above do you think applied there, though?

• passing the ball to a team-mate;
  • gaining possession of the ball; or
  • clearing the ball (e.g. by kicking or heading it)

If the pass, attempt to gain possession or clearance by the player in control of the ball is inaccurate or unsuccessful, this does not negate the fact that the player ‘deliberately played’ the ball.

Just now, Thane of Cawdor said:
  • passing the ball to a team-mate;
  • gaining possession of the ball; or
  • clearing the ball (e.g. by kicking or heading it)

If the pass, attempt to gain possession or clearance by the player in control of the ball is inaccurate or unsuccessful, this does not negate the fact that the player ‘deliberately played’ the ball.

You’re still missing the important element. The defender attempted to intercept a ball in the air whilst running towards his own goal.

It’s a near perfect example of when control doesn’t suitably exist and therefore doesn’t count as ‘deliberate’.

B468CBFB-0B4A-4247-937B-99A5E00CBD52.jpeg

3 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

I went to France 98 when I was 24 for the full 2 weeks of the group stage and had a brilliant time of it.

This time I may or may not go and if I do, maybe for a couple of days around one of the games. (Competing priorities and all that).

To all the young team, step up to the plate and enjoy it.

I can't wait for it, whether I'm here or in Germany.

I went to Germany74, Spain82, Mexico86, Italia90, Sweden92, France98,  missed England96 and after the wilderness years, Euro 2020. 

I might be too old for Euro 24 but I do know someone with a flat in Leipzig, so never say never. 

Anyone who can go, should do it.  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 minute ago, cyderspaceman said:

I went to Germany74, Spain82, Mexico86, Italia90, Sweden92, France98,  missed England96 and after the wilderness years, Euro 2020. 

I might be too old for Euro 24 but I do know someone with a flat in Leipzig, so never say never. 

Anyone who can go, should do it.  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Never too old, get yourself on the flugzeug