Spartans vs Dumbarton

19 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

Isn’t that the case with a club getting relegated from any division?

So the answer is not to have any?

No it isn''t. The difference between say the bottom two divisions of the SPFL is not as great as that between the SPFL and the Lowland/Highland Leagues and the ability to attract players is therefore affected more acutely. In any case the vastly overwhelming majority of lower division SPFL players are only on one year contracts. They're not at all likely to re-sign to play in a lower league for a lower wage and the club concerned is going to be seen as on the slide and so not going to be as attractive a proposition compared to other clubs.

And my comments did not in any way argue against relegation from the SPFL (that was only in your head.)

I only said that this particular relegation is a much bigger barrier to being promoted back than it might appear to someone looking on it from a distance.

18 hours ago, rockson said:

No it isn''t. The difference between say the bottom two divisions of the SPFL is not as great as that between the SPFL and the Lowland/Highland Leagues and the ability to attract players is therefore affected more acutely. In any case the vastly overwhelming majority of lower division SPFL players are only on one year contracts. They're not at all likely to re-sign to play in a lower league for a lower wage and the club concerned is going to be seen as on the slide and so not going to be as attractive a proposition compared to other clubs.

And my comments did not in any way argue against relegation from the SPFL (that was only in your head.)

I only said that this particular relegation is a much bigger barrier to being promoted back than it might appear to someone looking on it from a distance.

Given the lack of finance outwith the SPFL you should have no problem in depatching ex Juniors Banks o Dee on Saturday then…..

4 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

Given the lack of finance outwith the SPFL you should have no problem in depatching ex Juniors Banks o Dee on Saturday then…..

Where is it written in stone that clubs in a higher division will always beat those in a lower one in a Cup game?

I take it Celtic have never lost such a game .........

On 29/10/2023 at 11:45, Jan Vojáček said:

Hi @Greenmachine do u want picking up in the morning pal

On 29/10/2023 at 20:22, Sweet Pete said:

Poor old Greenmachine. Dumbarton win, Celtic draw and Clydebank lose. Oh and Rangers won on Sunday too. The poor wee lamb will be crying himself to sleep in his bumblebee jersey.

I like that he’s gone into hiding, presumably until we next lose a game, when he’ll come crawling out the sewers.

Edited by FifeSons