Who’s on the plane?

Donathan

17 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

From the guy who came out with the gem:

"Steve Clarke really is the master of saying absolutely nothing at all.  Which is fine, but you can never read anything into anything he says."

You're the master of repetition, aren't you? You're the master of repetition, aren't you? You're the master of repetition, aren't you?

Well as it happens I I didn't say that, that was another poster.

Their username is displayed above the post.

7 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

If you think it's bad to name four. Switzerland named five in their 38-man provisional squad.

Across Europe: Germany, Scotland, Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Serbia, England, Netherlands, Austria, Romania and Turkey (11) have named four goalies in their provisional squad. Germany have confirmed they will name 4 goalkeepers in their 26 man squad. Georgia, Ukraine and France have submitted their final squads already and each have 3 goalies although France have not taken 26 players.

Nobody has suggested naming 4 in the provisional squad is a problem as far as I know? 

Naming 4 in the final 26 is batshit mental though for me. If you need a training goalie take one, dont name them in the squad. The squad rules are designed to avoid having to do so. 

Only Germany so far have actually said they are officially naming 4 as far as I know. 

If Clarke ends up doing so I'll be critical of it.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Nobody has suggested naming 4 in the provisional squad is a problem as far as I know? 

Naming 4 in the final 26 is batshit mental though for me. If you need a training goalie take one, dont name them in the squad. The squad rules are designed to avoid having to do so. 

Only Germany so far have actually said they are officially naming 4 as far as I know. 

If Clarke ends up doing so I'll be critical of it.

That's fair enough. I don't have an explanation why he can't or won't take a training goalkeeper, unofficially. For me it boils down to the idea that he doesn't need 26 guys for the tournament or probably want that. Whoever he takes as the 26th man will be performing a support role. So I don't think it's a big deal if he names four goalkeepers in the 26.

If he's trying to keep Kelly onside for future camps or something along those lines, fine. If he's making the 3rd choice keepers life easier that's fine too. I just don't get why it bothers so many people either way.

Edited by 2426255

Posted (edited)

McTominay starting the FA Cup final.

ITV have him in the 10 position, behind Bruno. But I think he'll be playing up top with Bruno, both as the false 9s, like Sofascore have it.

Hope he scores the winner.

Screenshot_20240525_140745_Sofascore.jpg

Taylor, McGregor and Forrest starting for Celtic in the whatever final.

Wonder what bright spark arranged for both finals to be at 3pm. Which neutral is going to watch the ugly sisters?

Edited by SlayerX

1 hour ago, SlayerX said:

McTominay starting the FA Cup final.

ITV have him in the 10 position, behind Bruno. But I think he'll be playing up top with Bruno, both as the false 9s, like Sofascore have it.

Hope he scores the winner.

Screenshot_20240525_140745_Sofascore.jpg

Taylor, McGregor and Forrest starting for Celtic in the whatever final.

Wonder what bright spark arranged for both finals to be at 3pm. Which neutral is going to watch the ugly sisters?

Ryan Jack on the bench for Rangers as well. Souttar misses out through injury.

Think the simultaneous kick offs are because the London police weren’t allowing the Manchester derby to be played in the usual 5:30pm FA cup slot. Same thing happened last year and the Scottish cup final was moved to teatime. Really should have put the Scottish cup final at 12:30 this year. 

18 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Ryan Jack on the bench for Rangers as well. Souttar misses out through injury.

Think the simultaneous kick offs are because the London police weren’t allowing the Manchester derby to be played in the usual 5:30pm FA cup slot. Same thing happened last year and the Scottish cup final was moved to teatime. Really should have put the Scottish cup final at 12:30 this year. 

I really hope Jack gets a few minutes. Love to see him in the final 26. He's been so unlucky with injuries.

Ah. Thanks for that.

And I agree.

Scott is doing well.

10 Hag is playing a blinder against City.

Out of possession flling the midfield with 6 players, leaving City with nowhere to pass to.

Take note Steve Clarke.

2 hours ago, SlayerX said:

It's actually hysterical that people are still whinging about 4 keepers being in the provisional squad.

Even if Clarke does include 4 in his final squad, so what? It's not like there's some wonderkid out there being deprived a place in the 26.

Regardless, from the present 28 I'd drop Kelly

You were doing so well. 

He's still hobbling whilst celebrating.

His powers of recovery are very good. In the past few months he's picked up a couple injuries (one that I thought would be a season ender)

Cling to hope that it's not a bad one.

4 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Hopping it was a heavy impact injury. We’ll see how his movement is in the celebration in 30 seconds

Fingers and toes crossed.