Who’s on the plane?

Donathan

3 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

I think if he was to smash in ten goals in Bundesliga between now and March friendlies, I cant see anyone having an issue with him being called up in those games. And by default, anyone called up in those games has a very good chance of making final squad. That's why, I think for our strikers, if one can get some really good form, I think they will be in with best chance of last spot.

Hornby to actually score ten goals though? Miraculous indeed 

I don't think Steve Clarke would necessarily call a striker up based solely on that. That's why I started recording the form as I don't think it is a deciding factor. It is for fans obviously, but I think it's not for managers and if that happened you'd have a whole bunch saying why the f**k has Hornsby not been given a chance. I'm almost certain that's how that would play out.

Edited by 2426255

On 20/11/2023 at 10:49, Skyline Drifter said:

If Hanley's fit and playing even semi-regularly for Norwich, he'll go. I'm not sure why anyone would think otherwise. He's been Clarke's first choice to anchor the middle of defence since he got the job and he's left him out of a starting eleven by choice once, when he rested him for Armenia in a Nations League game.

Grant Hanley played 45 mins for Norwich u21's last weekend as he continues his recovery programme. He's been training with the 1st team for 5 or 6 weeks but tweaked a hamstring which set him back 3 weeks. His achilles appears absolutely fine though. David Warner saying he hopes to have him back in the first team squad over Xmas period.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Grant Hanley played 45 mins for Norwich u21's last weekend as he continues his recovery programme. He's been training with the 1st team for 5 or 6 weeks but tweaked a hamstring which set him back 3 weeks. His achilles appears absolutely fine though. David Warner saying he hopes to have him back in the first team squad over Xmas period.

That boy tweaks a hamstring in his sleep 

On 09/12/2023 at 17:40, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Kenny Mac still at LCB according to BBC

His moving to that position has coincided with an improvement in Norwich performances and results including the players where Kenny would play becoming quite effective. Norwich have Gibson and Hanley coming back soon and Sargent up front. Given Kennys performances in defence and particular how well the two defensive mids have done with Kenny behind them there's discussion he should remain there i.e. frozen out the midfield. Theres a vocal group that don't rate Kenny, but he is a favourite of Norwich managers. It's a question right now of everyone returning to normal positions or continue with whats working after a long period of bad form. I think Kenny will alway get game time, but where and how much could be in question. If Stevie Clarke needs an any position squad/bench player Kenny should be on the plane.

Hanley is a wait and see. We won't know if he retains whatever skillset he had due to the injury.

19 minutes ago, Milkman said:

His moving to that position has coincided with an improvement in Norwich performances and results including the players where Kenny would play becoming quite effective.

Say that very quietly.

You always have to remember the supporter handbook. Round pegs in round holes and players playing in their 'natural positions'. Doing something like this opens the manager up to accusations of trying to be too clever/overthinking it when results turn.

Edited by 2426255

6 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Simon Murray should be in the squad.

I’d take him back at Dens but ffs

With Ross Stewart out again and Doak gaining nothing fast we are unfortunately going to the Euros with a totally uninspiring front line 

I fear, but hope it doesn’t derail, a potentially great summer 

1 hour ago, MarkoP said:

I’d take him back at Dens but ffs

With Ross Stewart out again and Doak gaining nothing fast we are unfortunately going to the Euros with a totally uninspiring front line 

I fear, but hope it doesn’t derail, a potentially great summer 

Doak is out till probably April too.

Tbf tho, it's hardly like Stewart was unquestionably our lewandowski in waiting. He looks a decent prospect but that's all. Conway and Nisbet are performing reasonably well at the same level as Stewart's at, and perhaps the former could provide the bit of freshening up our fwd line might benefit from.

On 21/12/2023 at 09:29, Skyline Drifter said:

Came on as a half time sub for Norwich at West Brom yesterday. 

I see Liam Cooper is now not getting a game for Leeds just like McKenna isnt getting one for Forest. Not ideal. Underlines how important it is Hanley returns for Scotland. Nuno Espirito Santo has at least returned McKenna to 1st team training at Forest (Cooper had him and Joe Worrell  training with the u23s) but he'not made a matchday squad yet even with Boly suspended. Still looks like he'll need a Jan move to play before the Euros.

Commentator on the forest game the other day said that McKenna was dropped due to a contract dispute. I think he's said he won't sign a new deal and his contract is up next summer. Hopefully he gets a move away for a nominal fee rather than signing a pre-contract and languishing for another 6 months 

2 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Commentator on the forest game the other day said that McKenna was dropped due to a contract dispute. I think he's said he won't sign a new deal and his contract is up next summer. Hopefully he gets a move away for a nominal fee rather than signing a pre-contract and languishing for another 6 months 

Commentator is talking nonsense. He was dropped after starting the season with a couple of error strewn performances. The 'won't sign a new deal' thing is whats happened since because he's not only not getting a game, he was bombed right out of the squad. Nuno has brought him back into the fold but shown no indication of picking him so I doubt that will change. He's 6th choice centre back at Forest right now behind Murillo, Niakhate, Boly, Felipe and Worrell. At best. I assume he's ahead of Omabamedele who is yet to make his debut but was signed from Norwich in the summer for his potential. He's got no realistic future at Forest I think.

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Came on as a half time sub for Norwich at West Brom yesterday. 

I see Liam Cooper is now not getting a game for Leeds just like McKenna isnt getting one for Forest. Not ideal. 

Porteous not also in and out of Watford team. Was on the bench the other week. 

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

Porteous not also in and out of Watford team. Was on the bench the other week. 

Porteous was on the bench at the weekend, but he has played a consistent percentage of available minutes for Watford (78%) since the last international break. A lot of folk like to get into doom and gloom territory quickly so worth reminding everyone Euro 2024 isn't until June and we're not yet in January. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.981f8e0ae2e5feda82cb09429eab6434.png