Stenhousemuir -vs- Peterhead (Tuesday 14 November 2023)

The biggest game in League 2 this week sees third-place Stenhousemuir welcoming the league leaders, Peterhead, to Ochilview. Despite the teams playing out a sterile 0-0 draw earlier in the season, I've got high hopes for this match. Both sides have started the campaign well, the visitors especially - after their dismal time of it last year, I thought the club would be looking to consolidate and aim for mid-table finish, but they're performing well above my expectations. Jordan Brown and Ryan Strachan have signed well across the park, especially in attack where Kieran Shanks and Rory McAllister look like they've formed a good understanding already.

As for Stenhousemuir, this will be our first competitive game in three weeks, and I hope the players are well rested and raring to go. It feels like ages since we last played - a 2-2 draw against Clyde, where we looked both good and bad. Play like we did in the first half and we'll do well; perform like we did after the interval and we could be on for a tanking. I assume everyone other than Ross Taylor is available for the weekend's game?

Let's go with:

- Matty Aitken -

- Euan O'Reilly - Matty Yates - Adam Brown -

- Mikey Anderson - Nat Wedderburn -

- Kinlay Bilham - Gregor Buchanan - Nicky Jamieson - Ross Meechan -

- Darren Jamieson -

We've got a very decent record against Peterhead over the past couple of years and I'd fancy it to continue here. I don't think it's a "must-win" fixture for Stenhousemuir but if we lose, we're seven points behind already. It's certainly not insurmountable but it doesn't look favourable. Either way - I'll see you all there!

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

Well that's the Gaelic lessons binned after our exit from the Trust Trophy at the hands of Dundee United and back to League Two business with a visit to Ochilview.
Stenny have been a bit of a bogey team for us over the years.Anything that could go wrong has done when we've played you but it will be a different team to the one that drew with you at Balmoor. Most of the players are up to speed now and starting to gel nicely.Joe McKee has been running the show from midfield and is getting back to his best form.
The return of Rory McAllister was a big boost as he seems to have matured and struck up a good partnership with Kieran Shanks and Conor O'Keefe. Rather than being goal greedy, he is racking up the number of assists and keeping defenders on their toes.
We've not had the week off but that can sometimes be a good thing as it keeps the players sharp.
We've yet to lose a game playing on an artificial surface, something which we used to be poor at, but I think it's because the younger players are brought up nowadays playing on this type of surface and seem to take to it very well with goals coming from all areas of the team.
It should be a cracking game and a bit closer than the bookies seem to think with us at 2/1 and yourselves at 6/5.

Travel issues might put this one off I reckon 

New red weather warning for stonehaven to Forfar just put out until midnight 2mr so I think it will be a Saturday afternoon with whoever has replaced Jeff and the boys for us 😟

Edited by doulikefish

23 minutes ago, peternapper said:

On advice from Police Scotland due to travel difficulties. Not sure if there will be anything else on as it is meant to be heavy rain again today.

Its not that bad in Falkirk area. Camelon vs Whitburn should  be on. Wasn;t even a puddle on the park this morning and the park was getting vertidrained

Edited by searchers1963

3 hours ago, Crazy Days said:

Tomorrow we will be displaying our sponsor's portable toilet on the front of our shirts. FFS.

According to the press these are limited edition and will only be worn a couple of times.  Opportunity for the club to make a few quid by auctioning them off.

For the record….

There was never a Loc Hire Portable Toilet shirt planned for the weekend!

it was a tongue-in-cheek joke in reference to Barcelona’s limited edition shirts with Spotify. 

The Sun ran with the story believing it to be real (surprise surprise).

Given the reaction it’s had though, we quickly decided to see if there was any interest in buying the shirt, which there was and we’ll end up selling about 50 with all proceeds going to Warriors in the Community. 

So, a good bit of exposure for the club (almost 1m impressions across social media) making some money for the charity and making The Sun look like fools! I’ll take that. 

Edited by Ianiesta8

• Francesc Fabregas changed the title to Stenhousemuir -vs- Peterhead (Tuesday 14 November 2023)

Nipping away from work sharp to come down to this one. Will be my first time down at Ochilview so will be good to get it ticked off.

To reiterate the points above an absolutely massive game for both sides. Win and we're 5 pts clear at the top and will have gotten one over a title rival. Lose and everything becomes even more tight up there.

Would be pretty content with a draw with it being a long trip down on a Tuesday night and still a couple of key players missing.

This is the first of a very tough run of games with Spartans(A), Ayr(H) in the cup and Dumbarton(H) so hopefully we start it on a positive note and I am very much looking forward to to my trip down.