Rangers v hibs

• Hoose Rice changed the title to The Belgian Buns v The Cabbage Patch Kids

An EGM down the Referee's Association/Lodge tomorrow should be enough to appoint the correct set of officials to ensure Phil and the gang get off on the right foot. A couple of quid on Tavernier adding to his penalty tally might not be the worst shout. Narrow home win, I'm afraid.

5 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

An EGM down the Referee's Association/Lodge tomorrow should be enough to appoint the correct set of officials to ensure Phil and the gang get off on the right foot. A couple of quid on Tavernier adding to his penalty tally might not be the worst shout. Narrow home win, I'm afraid.

Wouldn't be surprised if they get a penalty on Saturday due to the officials helping them as they usually do. 

Going by Clement's comments in the press conference yesterday, it sounds as though he knows the team has a lot of issue but expects it to take a while to try and fix it. Comments about needing time and not having a magic wand makes me think there will be pretty minimal changes to the side for this. If we have Cantwell back then great, but if not I can't see how we will rotate the side.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Going by Clement's comments in the press conference yesterday, it sounds as though he knows the team has a lot of issue but expects it to take a while to try and fix it. Comments about needing time and not having a magic wand makes me think there will be pretty minimal changes to the side for this. If we have Cantwell back then great, but if not I can't see how we will rotate the side.

Surely that’s just manager waffle. Not saying you’re wrong but ‘I want to win but I’m not a magician and need time is textbook first press conference manage expectations/self preservation stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Surely that’s just manager waffle. Not saying you’re wrong but ‘I want to win but I’m not a magician and need time is textbook first press conference manage expectations/self preservation stuff. 

Fair comment. It just seemed to come across a bit as if he was trying to convey how fucked the side are without actually coming out and saying it haha.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Fair comment. It just seemed to come across a bit as if he was trying to convey how fucked the side are without actually coming out and saying it haha.

Probably but it’s in his interests for the perception to be that he’s inheriting a disaster, it buys him time and patience (yes I know, to the extent that people are willing to give it, not involving myself in the long, very long debate from the other thread).

Obviously he can’t say it overtly as he has a group of guys with no confidence already to manage. 

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Probably but it’s in his interests for the perception to be that he’s inheriting a disaster, it buys him time and patience (yes I know, to the extent that people are willing to give it, not involving myself in the long, very long debate from the other thread).

Obviously he can’t say it overtly as he has a group of guys with no confidence already to manage. 

Aye, probably sums it up quite well.

Likely setting expectations in regards to the line up we will play not looking much different.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

If he fails to win the league cup and doesn’t beat Celtic he’ll be on a shooglie peg coat wise by the new year.