Kilmarnock v Livingston - 21/10/23

6 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Shambles of a second half performance. Conceded the goals in the first half that we deserved to concede in the second. We looked so vulnerable without Obileye at the back. 

Another crap refereeing performance from Napier, missing fouls for both sides. Fed up of him being given our games so often. 

Don't like to be critical of volunteers but LFC commentary was terrible as well. Like two mates who had gone along to have a chat that was occasionally interrupted by having to talk about the football. Felt like I had to unmute at times to check what had happened in the game then remembered how bad it was.

Obileye is one of those players you don't really appreciate till he's missing from the defence. 

We're on some run getting awarded penalties just now (and even scoring them for a change), but it was a waste getting one in this game.

4 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Nouble looked a shadow of the the player of recent years but was brilliantly shackled by Mayo.

Despite this, he made two particularly world class passes despite being closely marked to get teammates forward, fortunately wasted.

Great result and well merited.

He's absolutely chucked it after not getting a move in the summer. He might break out into a jog if he feels arsed. The sun could probably mark him at midnight at this point.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He's absolutely chucked it after not getting a move in the summer. He might break out into a jog if he feels arsed. The sun could probably mark him at midnight at this point.

Yeah I thought it was a bit of a mixture of being well looked after + not really looking interested.

Just now, Sortmeout said:

Yeah I thought it was a bit of a mixture of being well looked after + not really looking interested.

It was a bit of a mad window for it as well, there was apparently loads of interest and then Martindale told them all we wanted £1m no less. Suddenly no one was calling us back at that price and we never actually budged on it. 

It'll be the same again in January and he'll go sign for Hearts on a pre-contract or something. Although it could now be a case that folk have found him out and they know what his plan is, and he has no backup.

I am sympathetic to Nouble in that he's playing in a position and areas that don't really suit him and his confidence is probably lower as a result. That said, the responsibility is then on Martindale to manage that and take him out the team if he's not performing. It might give him the kick up the arse needed.

17 hours ago, ATLIS said:

It was a bit of a mad window for it as well, there was apparently loads of interest and then Martindale told them all we wanted £1m no less. Suddenly no one was calling us back at that price and we never actually budged on it. 

It'll be the same again in January and he'll go sign for Hearts on a pre-contract or something. Although it could now be a case that folk have found him out and they know what his plan is, and he has no backup.

Not sure anyone of note would come in for him on his current form TBH. 

7 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I am sympathetic to Nouble in that he's playing in a position and areas that don't really suit him and his confidence is probably lower as a result. That said, the responsibility is then on Martindale to manage that and take him out the team if he's not performing. It might give him the kick up the arse needed.

That is kind of my take on the Nouble situation at the moment. He hasn't really been performing. but he must almost be thinking I am in the team and not getting subbed, so he can just plod along. I would bench him for a dew games see how he reacts to it.