Euro 2024 Travel arrangements

Connor7

Thought I would kick start a new thread on how everyone plans on getting to Germany. 

We booked a hotel in Bonn (free cancellation) not long after the groups started. At a very good price! 

Kept the hotel, going 16th -23rd. 

Booked the flights yesterday, and any direct flight from Scotland - Germany has rocketed in price as expected. 

Our new route:

Edinburgh - Bristol - Cologne 

Colgone - Venice - Edinburgh

First time going to watch Scotland in a major tournament. Too young to remember France 98, and Covid hit Euro 2020. 

Real buzz about this! Love this Scotland team

Haven’t thought about it yet

Already booked an apartment in Düsseldorf for the first fortnight 

Might drive over but probably a flight to Amsterdam or similar close airport 

Good train connections into western Germany from Belgium and Netherlands

No idea what to do about tickets 

Wont qualify for any official allocation on 5 points, been put off the Uefa ballot for random games as it seems like a waste of money

Im really not interested in spending hunners of euros to watch Slovenia v Greece or something similarly random

Really stuck on that bit tbh, I get you could get juicy tickets that were easily sellable or swappable but I don’t get the logistics of it 

On 17/10/2023 at 19:42, Connor7 said:

Thought I would kick start a new thread on how everyone plans on getting to Germany. 

We booked a hotel in Bonn (free cancellation) not long after the groups started. At a very good price! 

Kept the hotel, going 16th -23rd. 

Booked the flights yesterday, and any direct flight from Scotland - Germany has rocketed in price as expected. 

Our new route:

Edinburgh - Bristol - Cologne 

Colgone - Venice - Edinburgh

First time going to watch Scotland in a major tournament. Too young to remember France 98, and Covid hit Euro 2020. 

Real buzz about this! Love this Scotland team

Don't forget to share pictures :)

Booked Edinburgh to Dusseldorf from the 16th to the 21st. Just shy of £700 for flights and accommodation about a mile from the town centre and an hour and a half walk to the stadium.

All 4 of us are also trying to get tickets for Dusseldorf, Dortmund, Cologne and Gelsenkirchen in the ballot. Agree it's a pain in the tits though, as we'll probably have to resell a few tickets each.

I've booked into Dusseldorf from the 13th to the 27th. So the full group stages. All in all I am in about a grand by the time I will need to pay it all come next year for flights and accommodation. Got a pretty decent AirBNB in the old town. Can hop on a tram and get to the central part in about 15 minutes

A few other folks I talk to are now at the "Trying to get that few people to actually get off their arse and say yes" so they can actually book something because everything will spike in price come the draw in December. 

Flights Liverpool to Frankfurt 13-27th. Staying Frankfurt 13th on arrival, staying Munich 14th as only game is the opener, then got pay on arrival/free cancellation hotel in Hannover 15-27th as good rail links to most host cities. Also got 15th-27th pay on arrival/free cancellation hotel in Nuremberg to cover Munich/Leipzig if drawn there. 

Not booked up yet. Will probably try flying Glasgow/Edinburgh to Amsterdam/Brussels/Luxembourg and then train to the Rhine Valley area with maybe a stopover in England or even Dublin along the way. Have never done this before so have no idea if this is a good idea or not.

As for the games I'll try in the ballot for games in that area and maybe Hamburg or Frankfurt, then try getting tickets for the Scotland game during the resale in March. If we're in Berlin/Munich/Leipzig I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

Got apartment booked in dusseldorf got it for £650 12th till 27th and don't need to pay till week before, working out how to get there but plenty of options with flights trains or even a bus from glasgow./inverness no chance of a ticket but still looking forward to as is the wife and 10 year old bairn. Plan to travel about and soak it all up. Its been a long time coming.

Going over with two of my mates from 13th-23th June. Got an Air B&B booked in Frankfurt but also a hotel incase the B&B cancels. We’ve applied for seven games each in the ballot. What pot are Scotland likely to be in? 

6 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Going over with two of my mates from 13th-23th June. Got an Air B&B booked in Frankfurt but also a hotel incase the B&B cancels. We’ve applied for seven games each in the ballot. What pot are Scotland likely to be in? 

Pot 2 if we win both our final games, I believe. 

9 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The pot we’re in doesn’t correspond to the numbers in the group. Just because we’re in pot 2 doesn’t mean, for example, that we would be team F2 if we were in Group F. If we win our last 2 games we’ll be in pot 2 though.

40 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

It’s a shame the original thread was taken over by actual football chat 🙁

This, the original thread was perfectly fine and already started off as the thread to discuss travel.

Are we going to have a ticket thread too? Can't possibly have people skipping over a post that has no interest to them.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m sure there were a few on here that had booked the Ibis in Frankfurt. 

@ayrunitedfwjust told me that his booking had been cancelled, without an email to actually tell him. I’ve just went into mine and it is the exact same - not a word but cancelled on the online booking confirmation. 

c***s, there should be a law that stops them cancelling then reselling at higher price. Maybe there is?