Euro 2024 Travel arrangements

Connor7

13 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm going to two games in Munich (a few days after the Scotland game) and have managed to get 5 nights at an Ibis in Augsburg for less than £400. That was a good £200 less than far shabbier looking accomodation in Munich for the same days.

Did you ask for a discount since Inverness is twinned with Augsburg?

13 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Anyone got any detail for travel back into Stuttgart ( to the Hauptbanhof) after the Hungary game on the Sunday?

U bahn timetable seems to suggest last underground trains are before the game finishes @ 23.00- is that correct?

Walk up to Bad Cannstatt station or across to Neckarpark. Trains running well after midnight. Would imagine that there'll be a pile of extra trains (U-Bahn / S-Bahn / DB) put on.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

This is probably a good time to buy some shares in Bitburger

One of our group doesn’t drink beer. He’s going to struggle.

Edited by lubo_blaha

16 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I'm in the same boat (not by choice, I have a gluten-intolerance). Any idea how strict security will be at fanzones? 

6 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

I'm in the same boat (not by choice, I have a gluten-intolerance). Any idea how strict security will be at fanzones? 

Were there no flights?

There many going to be in Munich from Wednesday the 12th? 

Majority of folk I have seen on the TA facebook page appear to be arriving in Munich the night before/on the day of the game.

Cologne gets a fair share of rain this time of year, the area to the south is susceptible to high flooding (Google Mayschoss)

The area of the fan camp is a lovely area but if it rains it floods so easily and the river just spills over it quite often. It's meant to rain later this week again I'll try take pictures. 

Pity because there is a fantastic little beach there where you can go have BBQ, drink some beers and watch the barges go up and down the Rhein, and the sun set over the city. 

Taking the wee man for a full fortnight, anyone know if I get the €49 euro train ticket for the month does he travel free at 13 with me? Everything I read days I have to make it known at time of booking but if I've the monthly ticket I won't be booking individual tickets.

11 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

Taking the wee man for a full fortnight, anyone know if I get the €49 euro train ticket for the month does he travel free at 13 with me? Everything I read days I have to make it known at time of booking but if I've the monthly ticket I won't be booking individual tickets.

Everything I've seen seems to indicate he'd need his own Deutschlandticket as well at €49. 

On 22/05/2024 at 16:57, lubo_blaha said:

I don’t drink beer either, I feel his pain 🤣