Euro 2024 Travel arrangements

Connor7

31 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Essen - Cologne, you can travel for free if you hold a match ticket within the VRR and VRS zones on the map. Valid 6am matchday to 6pm following day on regional trains only.

Essen - Stuttgart, you should buy a ticket in advance, you won’t be covered with your match ticket.

IMG_2225.thumb.jpeg.f59dc346cd9292ed28c10bdff9015306.jpeg

Perfect mate, thanks for confirming that. 

8 minutes ago, German Jag said:

For those staying in or around Heidelberg, a good pub to go to is 'the Mohr'.

Nice place, sports orientated, football memorabilia on the walls etc. Located just off the main square. 

The owner is a good guy, have attended many Hannover 96 games with him. 

That reminds me I really must revisit a pub that has a slide down to the toilets .Name escapes me just now but I'll have a dig around after I get home from the game today 

Had a quick review of the accommodation i'd booked in Stuttgart and realised it's bloody miles away from stadium so managed to get somewhere else a few km from the stadium in the Bad-cannstatt area, saved a couple hundred quid too, also changed the Munich hotel to the same group as the one I've booked in Stuttgart in total saving almost £400. Happy with that

19 minutes ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Had a quick review of the accommodation i'd booked in Stuttgart and realised it's bloody miles away from stadium so managed to get somewhere else a few km from the stadium in the Bad-cannstatt area, saved a couple hundred quid too, also changed the Munich hotel to the same group as the one I've booked in Stuttgart in total saving almost £400. Happy with that

You far from the S Bahn in that area of Stuttgart? I'm also booked there for one night  

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

You far from the S Bahn in that area of Stuttgart? I'm also booked there for one night  

It seems to be about 500mtrs  from the Sbahn which will be a lot handier for the Monday morning dash to get train home compared to the 18km to the central station I had initially booked 

22 minutes ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

It seems to be about 500mtrs  from the Sbahn which will be a lot handier for the Monday morning dash to get train home compared to the 18km to the central station I had initially booked 

Nice one. Aye that's my thinking too, isn't far from the ground either if it ends poorly and just want to crash. 

Unexpected car trouble has put a bit of a dent in my budget (probably £400-£500), unfortunately 😭

Still got enough in the bank (albeit its looking likely ill be on my todd for it sadly, anyone id have gone with a decade ago is all grown up and its harder to coordinate this nonsense with my admittedly limited social circle as it is) so im determined im going somewhere tbh, got the time off and even if its just a wee cheap holiday abroad id be alright with something like sunning myself on a beach and then watching the tournament through the days/nights.

Problem being theres still loads of choice even on lastminute .com within budget...

Any particularly good recommendations in Spain, loads coming up in the usual Tenerifey places? Aware its vague but not even all that sure what I'd want 😂

Krakow still has some good deals on tbf. Afaik the Algarve and Siciliy are more geared to couples/families so im ruling them out for now.

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Unexpected car trouble has put a bit of a dent in my budget (probably £400-£500), unfortunately 😭

Still got enough in the bank (albeit its looking likely ill be on my todd for it sadly, anyone id have gone with a decade ago is all grown up and its harder to coordinate this nonsense with my admittedly limited social circle as it is) so im determined im going somewhere tbh, got the time off and even if its just a wee cheap holiday abroad id be alright with something like sunning myself on a beach and then watching the tournament through the days/nights.

Problem being theres still loads of choice even on lastminute .com within budget...

Any particularly good recommendations in Spain, loads coming up in the usual Tenerifey places? Aware its vague but not even all that sure what I'd want 😂

Krakow still has some good deals on tbf. Afaik the Algarve and Siciliy are more geared to couples/families so im ruling them out for now.

Spain's usually too hot for me midsummer, Krakow sounds better. You might think about Berlin as hotels and flights haven't gone up too much, and you'd have the free fanzones and bars full of mad Turkish fans, in the place I'll be staying anyway. Gdansk might be another option in Poland, plenty nearby beaches if you want a change. 

P. S. If you still fancy Spain the North might be a bit cooler, and not full of families on holiday, Santiago de Compostella is the only place I know well but you have Bilbao etc too. Depends what you're after, they're not beach holidays. Might have to sort your own flights and accommodation out rather than using Last-minute. Com, I've heard of people getting shafted by them anyway. 

Edited by welshbairn

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Has anyone signed up for this 😍🥳

If I was 5 years younger and not travelling with an over 60s interrail pass, what a way to start a German

Euros!

Edited by welshbairn

Here's a question for folks here. I booked trains right as they became available. But now my outbound to Munich has been cancelled. Can I just hop on another train going to the same destination nae bother? I would log into the site and do stuff there but if I have to keep telling DB that the apple is the thing different than animals and still being told NOPE. I'mma lose it

24 minutes ago, BirdieMinusOne said:

Here's a question for folks here. I booked trains right as they became available. But now my outbound to Munich has been cancelled. Can I just hop on another train going to the same destination nae bother? I would log into the site and do stuff there but if I have to keep telling DB that the apple is the thing different than animals and still being told NOPE. I'mma lose it

As long as you have the ticket with you / in the DB app then you can switch to other trains. 

57 minutes ago, BirdieMinusOne said:

Download the DB Navigator app. It doesn't have all that captcha guff.

Once you're logged in you should be able to sort   out your ticket.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Download the DB Navigator app. It doesn't have all that captcha guff.

Once you're logged in you should be able to sort   out your ticket.

Any idea how you apply the Euro 2024 ticket discount on the journeys on the APP. Searched around the special offers section and can't see it ?

8 minutes ago, BirdieMinusOne said:

Any idea how you apply the Euro 2024 ticket discount on the journeys on the APP. Searched around the special offers section and can't see it ?

I'm afraid not but I've messaged Jon Darch on twitter with that question.  I'll report back if he replies.