Euro 2024 Travel arrangements

Connor7

Haven't got mine yet, they usually do things in batches and send emails out to tell you it's there.

I thought you'd just get a pass that would work for every game but looks like it only activates when you have a ticket. Screenshot from someone who got theirs already:

image.thumb.png.b76fc81223375339a20a0716f3e4054d.png

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Haven't got mine yet, they usually do things in batches and send emails out to tell you it's there.

I thought you'd just get a pass that would work for every game but looks like it only activates when you have a ticket. Screenshot from someone who got theirs already:

image.thumb.png.b76fc81223375339a20a0716f3e4054d.png

I've got mine now on Android (had to reinstall the app first).

Apologies if everyone knows this already, but the best region to buy the Deutschland pass looks like Hamburg as it pro ratas your payment from the date you need it, rather than for the entire month. You still need to cancel before June 10th to stop the subscription rolling over to July (unless we are lucky enough to still need it after July 1st :lol: ) I paid using Paypal and the pass has only cost me £21.75.

I managed to buy the Pro Rata Deutschland ticket for myself via PayPal (it wouldn’t accept credit card details)

Then when I bought a separate one for my son (age 17) we have noticed that ticket is also showing in my name despite it being done through the HVV app on his phone (possibly as it was paid with my PayPal). Does anyone know if this will cause an issue when trying to use it in Germany? 

33 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I managed to buy the Pro Rata Deutschland ticket for myself via PayPal (it wouldn’t accept credit card details)

Then when I bought a separate one for my son (age 17) we have noticed that ticket is also showing in my name despite it being done through the HVV app on his phone (possibly as it was paid with my PayPal). Does anyone know if this will cause an issue when trying to use it in Germany? 

There's a very small chance it'll cause an issue. To start with you'll be lucky/unlucky to ever find ticket inspectors on a lot of regional transport in Germany and then if you do run into them you'd need an inspector who cares enough about asking for ID and then inspects it closely enough (assuming you both have the same surname that might be enough for their quick glance). My experience of even the most officious of them is they care mostly about people who either don't have a ticket or haven't validated paper tickets before they get on.

You are technically meant to carry ID to show alongside your Deutschland ticket so if you're worried about it then it might be worth contacting HVV and hope with the fact they are one of the few regions with a decent app for non-residents also means they have customer service who will reply to you quick enough.

37 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

There's a very small chance it'll cause an issue. To start with you'll be lucky/unlucky to ever find ticket inspectors on a lot of regional transport in Germany and then if you do run into them you'd need an inspector who cares enough about asking for ID and then inspects it closely enough (assuming you both have the same surname that might be enough for their quick glance). My experience of even the most officious of them is they care mostly about people who either don't have a ticket or haven't validated paper tickets before they get on.

You are technically meant to carry ID to show alongside your Deutschland ticket so if you're worried about it then it might be worth contacting HVV and hope with the fact they are one of the few regions with a decent app for non-residents also means they have customer service who will reply to you quick enough.

Thanks, I have emailed HVV as well to ask if a name can be amended. 
Hopefully it will also be too busy for any detailed checks to be done. 

2 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I travel every day in Germany. Deutschland ticket gets checked most days, think I have been requested twice in the last year to show ID. This is in a small local train in a rural part of the country. In the bigger cities the frequency is close to zero. As POTM says they‘re more interested in the fact you have a valid ticket than going through the smallest of small print. 

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Thanks, I have emailed HVV as well to ask if a name can be amended. 
Hopefully it will also be too busy for any detailed checks to be done. 

I have also booked DB tickets for me and a mate under my name, so if there is a way to amend it could you let me know via here please, just in case.

I have a digital ticket, I take it I don't need a paper copy does anyone know? My mate has also booked a train from Koln to Amsterdam for the way home which he said required him to 'check in'. There is nothing I can see about having to do that with DB but if anyone knows otherwise please say.

36 minutes ago, afca32 said:

I have also booked DB tickets for me and a mate under my name, so if there is a way to amend it could you let me know via here please, just in case.

I have a digital ticket, I take it I don't need a paper copy does anyone know? My mate has also booked a train from Koln to Amsterdam for the way home which he said required him to 'check in'. There is nothing I can see about having to do that with DB but if anyone knows otherwise please say.

If you‘re on an ICE train and have a seat reservation then from about 5-10 minutes before departure and thereafter it is possible to do a „Comfort Check-In“. Basically means that they don‘t bother checking your ticket. Need to be in the seat that you‘ve reserved. If another seat is free that you want to change to, can be done bit then you need to input your ticket number etc. 

I have a wedding next week in Amsterdam (on the day of the Germany game 😟). So I decided quite early after we qualified I wouldn't be making the trip over to Germany. 

Yesterday i decided f**k it I'm going, so I'll be flying to Weeze on Friday (21st) which seems to be Dussledorfs version of Glasgow prestwick, getting in close to midnight. I'm then hopping on a train down to Stuttgart and have thankfully been allow to lodge in my mates hotel room floor! 

Back up to cologne on the Monday for a flight to Bristol then up to Edinburgh! 

I have a dream! 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, German Jag said:

If you‘re on an ICE train and have a seat reservation then from about 5-10 minutes before departure and thereafter it is possible to do a „Comfort Check-In“. Basically means that they don‘t bother checking your ticket. Need to be in the seat that you‘ve reserved. If another seat is free that you want to change to, can be done bit then you need to input your ticket number etc. 

Great news, was worried about negotiating all the DB, Fan pass and Interrail apps to show before getting on the train.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Great news, was worried about negotiating all the DB, Fan pass and Interrail apps to show before getting on the train.

That‘s for a regular (also including Super Saver) ticket. Not sure if it‘ll be the same for the „cocktail“ of tickets you have. 

22 minutes ago, German Jag said:

That‘s for a regular (also including Super Saver) ticket. Not sure if it‘ll be the same for the „cocktail“ of tickets you have. 

Presumably you just walk on the train without inspections unless you have to apply for comfort check in?

7 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

Have we no German based PnB's that can let us know what to do about kids under 16 and the Deutshticket, so many contradicting bits of info?

Upto 5 children 6 or under can travel on your Deutschlandticket. Any older have to pay.