Fife Derby: Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

3 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Surprised someone supporting either side hasn’t mentioned the amount of times Dunfermline players hit the deck requiring the game to be stopped. The ref completely lost control of it. Pars players also pulling shirts at every opportunity. I’m not bias and admit they deserved to win but it made it all the sweeter! 

In fairness most of them then subsequently went off injured... I also thought the ref had a decent game which is rare as f**k. 

1 minute ago, RRFC1989 said:

Surprised someone supporting either side hasn’t mentioned the amount of times Dunfermline players hit the deck requiring the game to be stopped. The ref completely lost control of it. Pars players also pulling shirts at every opportunity. I’m not bias and admit they deserved to win but it made it all the sweeter! 

Ach, you know what it's like when you play the teams towards the bottom of the league who don't have much quality. Any old spoilers will do. Luckily, we can rise above it.

5 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

That's weird, I was going to say the same about the Rovers players. Didn't think we got much from the referee at 50/50s (Otoo's booking was a joke, Millen fell over under pressure from McCann but no real contact, Jakubiak was being held back by Brown on the break and nothing was given, etc) and there wasn't really any hard challenges in the game but it was very stop start. We all see things from our perspective I guess. 

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

That's weird, I was going to say the same about the Rovers players. Didn't think we got much from the referee at 50/50s (Otoo's booking was a joke, Millen fell over under pressure from McCann but no real contact, Jakubiak was being held back by Brown on the break and nothing was given, etc) and there wasn't really any hard challenges in the game but it was very stop start. We all see things from our perspective I guess. 

Aye, that one was a definite booking. The referee didn't even seem like he was playing an advantage. Referees at this level generally tend to be mediocre - it's a tough gig and the one today didn't have any thermonuclear moments like we've seen throughout this season. Generally speaking, refereeing decisions tend to even themselves out over the course of a season. There weren't any today where I felt that he'd had a substation impact on the game. 

We had more fight about us that we’ve had in the past two games, but still fairly poor in the final third. At least two chances in the first half where the keepers made a save and is off balance resulting in a rebound within 12 yards and not scored. Was a fairly even game. Felt we were the better team in the first and it was an even contest in the second. Bene going off at HT left us a bit less organised in the second 45 but when Breen went off and Otoo moved into the defence I felt we lost something.

Disappointing. Draw a fair result but we didn’t take our chances and Raith took their one and only chance. Enjoy the moment, we’ve had plenty and will again. These bubbles tend to burst after the last weekend in October anyway.

I thought we were awful for much of that, and I thought Dunfermline weren't too bad.  Had done their homework, pressed us high and knew that we would end up lumping balls to nobody.

That said, that is the worst 11 we have put out in the league this season, and the worst we've played.  To not exploit that, it fairly criminal.

Just a shame it wasn't in front of the South Stand.  

8 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I’m talking about Otoo, not Breen. When Otoo went from centre mid to centre back we lost that drive in the middle.

Fair enough. I have been quite impressed by otoo but you're spot on that you lost something with him moving to cb. I thought Moffat going off also lost you alot of drive. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Fair enough. I have been quite impressed by otoo but you're spot on that you lost something with him moving to cb. I thought Moffat going off also lost you alot of drive. 

Aye Moffat’s a weird one. Bags of talent but I don’t think he’s played more than 60 mins. Felt he was doing well but was taken off, he’s been with us for a while not so I’d like to think he’s up to fitness.

13 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Aye, that one was a definite booking. The referee didn't even seem like he was playing an advantage. Referees at this level generally tend to be mediocre - it's a tough gig and the one today didn't have any thermonuclear moments like we've seen throughout this season. Generally speaking, refereeing decisions tend to even themselves out over the course of a season. There weren't any today where I felt that he'd had a substation impact on the game. 

Mediocre is how I'd describe the refs performance today,  there were certainly 2-3 incidents where it felt he got it wrong in our favour and that is probably what I'd say he got totally wrong in rovers favour.  Anything else were 50/50's that I'd be a liar to say disagreeing with him isn't significantly attributed to our own biases.   Nothing game changing,  but I don't think he was really forced into a big call either.

He handled the handbags responsibly well too. 

On our performance,  It is absolutely gutting to lose like that,  getting a point would have been a positive to build off,  we were back at it today and played so much better to the last 2, but it still ends up with 0 points.   Just got to hope it gives the squad enough confidence to start getting results from.

Is is too simple to say bene being back, the good start  and any subsequent drop off in the 2nd half is entirely down to him?  Probably, but there's no doubt getting him back playing 90 minutes every week is vital.   

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

Aye Moffat’s a weird one. Bags of talent but I don’t think he’s played more than 60 mins. Felt he was doing well but was taken off, he’s been with us for a while not so I’d like to think he’s up to fitness.

Moffat was stretching whilst mccann was down,  I think this is his first games in mens football and he maybe can do the fitness stuff in training but managing yourself during a match is different and I don't think hes there yet

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

That's more like it.  I thought McPake came across very well after the last derby, so it's good to see him turn into a seething mess because someone celebrated a derby win.

The ref wasnt bad tbh , But Rovers stole the 3 points which makes it even more sweeter , It’s clear that Dunfermline gambled  on Benedictus fitness 😂😂😂 is that how desperate Mcpake is ? Probably cost him a further few games out now . Probably the worst Rovers performance so far this season so far off it with only  brown , Murray and debrowski the only guys that really turned up the day. Onwards and upwards COYR

9 minutes ago, basher brash said:

The ref wasnt bad tbh , But Rovers stole the 3 points which makes it even more sweeter , It’s clear that Dunfermline gambled  on Benedictus fitness 😂😂😂 is that how desperate Mcpake is ? Probably cost him a further few games out now . Probably the worst Rovers performance so far this season so far off it with only  brown , Murray and debrowski the only guys that really turned up the day. Onwards and upwards COYR

i think Murry Gambled on dylan as well and it appears he did suffer a set back so we shall have to see next week according to murry

Edited by Varna Rover