Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You cant get to those 5 or 6 away games (officially anyway) without already having 11 or 12 points though! 

You're not seriously suggesting there is a significant number who only go to away games and dont go to Hampden are you? 

I just dont think its unreasonable that 1st dibs on the most popular tickets should go to those who've at least had to attend 2 or 3 away games in the campaign. 

6 of the last 10 points qualifying away games were down to well under 11 points.

56 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

For the entire home games this year, I was sitting next to a group of Rangers fans :lol: 

Funnily, I was with Rangers fans - so it was entertaining for me. 

47 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I don't have enough points for tickets so have no dog in this fight but a few of our WhatsApp group are flapping a bit at the prospect of a free for all.

So much so that one of them has emailed the SSC...

It’s the bit about “most loyal” that gets me 😂

There is such a huge spectrum around things that it is impossible to just define those with high points as the most loyal.  

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Again, and? 

Why should that get you the same chance of a good ticket as those who went to Norway, Spain, Georgia, Cyprus, etc? Its clearly neither the same level of commitment nor cost. 

How do you know? I don't live in Scotland so all games are away games for me. Hope you're sitting down for this bit, but I know umpteen people in the same boat and are at time of writing, luckily, financially able. Not everyone can, as you said, access the official SSC tickets for away games and end up getting home end tickets. But by all means argue for the very narrow set of circumstances that should see the feathered footsoldiers get their 'reward' despite having a very comfortable access to the same batch of tickets.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

6 of the last 10 points qualifying away games were down to well under 11 points.

.....but you still had to have points from home games to get them (Georgia apart) so the notion tgat "5 or 6 away games only" gets you in still doesnt wash. Not that I really see the issue if it did.

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

It has to be new codes now given some who have them shouldn't have got them at all at this stage. No way they will work their way through and try to invalidate the codes issued in error given their is about 7500 of them.

If everyone over 11 points was sent three codes it will be more like 50,000 codes to invalidate.

7 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

How do you know? I don't live in Scotland so all games are away games for me. Hope you're sitting down for this bit, but I know umpteen people in the same boat and are at time of writing, luckily, financially able. Not everyone can, as you said, access the official SSC tickets for away games and end up getting home end tickets. But by all means argue for the very narrow set of circumstances that should see the feathered footsoldiers get their 'reward' despite having a very comfortable access to the same batch of tickets.

Its literally the very essence of the SSC loyalty points system. If you dont like it and would prefer a free for all thats fine, you're entitled to that view, though doubt many would agree. But we do have it and there's by and large been little complaint about it over the years other than points harvesters buying tickets whether they go or not which DOES happen and always will unless games are 100% pick up.

Given that we have the system why would you not utilise it to the full degree and give first dibs to those on the higher points? 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

23 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its an irrelevance to me too but I dont think the point is entirely unreasonable. I do understand staggering the sale for those above 12 is time consuming and more complex but in practice its just an extension of what they are already doing. 

At the end of the day, you can be sitting on 12 points without ever having set foot outside Scotland. I'm not sure its fair that someone who has spent thousands traveling across Europe but has no online access till maybe 6pm today could end up having to pay £600 for a Germany game ticket while someone who doesnt even have a passport currently but has flexible employment grabs the more in demand Fans First tickets because he can.

Even if they'd maybe had 2 tiers, one for say 16+ points and one for 12-16? 

I'm on 10 points and now regretting not going to the two meaningless friendlies in the list of eligible games - hindsight is a wonderful thing!

The one thing that confuses me is why are the sales being launched during the day midweek when many people have jobs that don't allow them access to attempt to but tickets. I'm not sure when would be the ideal time but possibly a Saturday morning or an evening?

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Funnily, I was with Rangers fans - so it was entertaining for me. 

It’s the bit about “most loyal” that gets me 😂

There is such a huge spectrum around things that it is impossible to just define those with high points as the most loyal.  

“Most loyal” in this case is basically just a euphemism for having the money and time off required to go to multiple away games a year.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its literally the very essence of the SSC loyalty points system. If you dont like it and would prefer a free for all thats fine, you're entitled to that view, though doubt many would agree. But we do have it and there's by and large been little complaint about it over the years other than points harvesters buying tickets whether they go or not which DOES happen and always will unless games are 100% pick up.

Given that we have the system why would you not utilise it to the full degree and give furst dibs to those on the higher points? 

Because at no point were people on higher points guaranteed anything, other than a ticket. 

There are so many metrics to define “loyalty.” The people on the high points get access to tickets first and that’s fine as there isn’t a better way to do it, but they don’t have a divine right to get the cheapest tickets. 

12 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm on 10 points and now regretting not going to the two meaningless friendlies in the list of eligible games - hindsight is a wonderful thing!

The one thing that confuses me is why are the sales being launched during the day midweek when many people have jobs that don't allow them access to attempt to but tickets. I'm not sure when would be the ideal time but possibly a Saturday morning or an evening?

Yeah discussed previously but there really isnt any perfect time for this unfortunately. Presumably most football fans go to football matches on a saturday. Those who are away may be traveling much of the day. With tv and Europe, matches are staggered across the weekend. Many people work weekends too. Others do jobs that they cant nip off for 15 mins to fanny about online (drivers, production lines, etc). Doesnt matter when you pick, somebody's going to be disadvantaged.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Given that we have the system why would you not utilise it to the full degree and give furst dibs to those on the higher points? 

Haven't said anything about the points system being junk or a free for being preferable literally anywhere. Nowhere. 

It's not up to me to make the rules for ticket access here, or police the metrics of loyalty. Given the allocation of tickets the SFA have deemed 12+ points the fairest cut-off for access. If you want to lobby the SFA over perceived fairness then be my guest. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Because at no point were people on higher points guaranteed anything, other than a ticket. 

There are so many metrics to define “loyalty.” The people on the high points get access to tickets first and that’s fine as there isn’t a better way to do it, but they don’t have a divine right to get the cheapest tickets. 

Well thats debatable. This is new territory. Its not how they sold tickets for France 98 and we never had a big sale of Euro 2020 as our tickets never went on sale pre covid. 

I just dont see what's so unreasonable about the higher points getting earlier choices of tickets. Like I said, I've no skin in the game here. I'm on 8 so not getting them either way. 

ATAC are on the case after being nowhere to be seen when we started getting charged to pick up tickets, the police battering folk in Spain, being kept in at Tbilisi to get pelted with bottles and so on.

https://www.associationoftartanarmyclubs.com/2023/12/06/euro-2024-ticket-sale-fiasco/?fbclid=IwAR30JzsDeWsEL7J742BJL29xboe4-hWAqq1eWnb9pCxS_B5-_MiVcfMUyHs

UEFA's ridiculous pricing strategy is the cause of this disgruntlement. If the top priced seats for the Germany game were €100 there wouldn't be any "high pointers" moaning at the sale being open to those on 12 points from the off.

Priority access should be given to those who haven't sent an email of entitlement,  avoided the use of the word 'shambles' and didn't try to sneakily put the access code in at 12 anyway.

Unfortunately, I'm guilty of 2 out of 3. 

Edited by jofis