Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

With thirteen points I’m obviously on the lower end, but I guess a points based system would mean I was guaranteed not to be stuck with the ridiculously priced tickets. 

Am I more loyal than someone on any number of points below me though? Absolutely not - any number of reasons as to why I’m currently higher than numerous people. 

IMO, the benefit is the ticket itself and knowing in advance that you are guaranteed so it is far easier/cheaper to plan etc etc. 

I agree with that, but regardless the purpose of a points system is basically to represent 'loyalty' in some kind of objective way and to reward those who are 'more loyal' with tickets. If you sign up to a points based system then you sign up to a proxy loyalty system and the extension of that is that the most 'loyal' get priority.

I don't understand the logic which says it's okay to to use this measure of loyalty to decide who gets tickets, but not to decide who doesn't have to pay ridiculous prices for those tickets. It's just an extension of the same thinking. It makes no difference to me as I won't get tickets anyway, but I can see why some fans don't agree with how they are being sold.

I would add that the main issue is the ridiculous ticket prices, as someone else said. If they were reasonably priced then no-one would care and it wouldn't matter.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

ATAC are on the case after being nowhere to be seen when we started getting charged to pick up tickets, the police battering folk in Spain, being kept in at Tbilisi to get pelted with bottles and so on.

https://www.associationoftartanarmyclubs.com/2023/12/06/euro-2024-ticket-sale-fiasco/?fbclid=IwAR30JzsDeWsEL7J742BJL29xboe4-hWAqq1eWnb9pCxS_B5-_MiVcfMUyHs

All very Arse Cheek like.

58 minutes ago, Anfield 1977 said:

There are a lot of egos in the tartan army who can tell you EXACTLY how many away matches they have attended like it's going to impress anyone.

It's the same with big rock bands. Tell someone you've been to an AC/DC gig and they'll tell you how many they've been to and how what they've done is somehow so much better than what you've done like it's some kind of Top Trumps game.

We're all supporting the same team here, embrace each other and enhance everyone's experience, don't belittle their's because you've been fortunate enough to do it more often.

9 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I agree with that, but regardless the purpose of a points system is basically to represent 'loyalty' in some kind of objective way and to reward those who are 'more loyal' with tickets. If you sign up to a points based system then you sign up to a proxy loyalty system and the extension of that is that the most 'loyal' get priority.

I don't understand the logic which says it's okay to to use this measure of loyalty to decide who gets tickets, but not to decide who doesn't have to pay ridiculous prices for those tickets. It's just an extension of the same thinking. It makes no difference to me as I won't get tickets anyway, but I can see why some fans don't agree with how they are being sold.

I would add that the main issue is the ridiculous ticket prices, as someone else said. If they were reasonably priced then no-one would care and it wouldn't matter.

I guess it is because the purpose is to act as a loyalty system to decide who gets first access to limited ticket allocations. 

It isn’t a perfect system, as nothing would be so it doesn’t extend to price points of tickets. 

Yes - that is the bigger issue, definitely!

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I guess it is because the purpose is to act as a loyalty system to decide who gets first access to limited ticket allocations. 

It isn’t a perfect system, as nothing would be so it doesn’t extend to price points of tickets. 

Yes - that is the bigger issue, definitely!

Aye, if it was £10 difference I doubt there'd be an issue.

40 minutes ago, Elrow said:

UPDATE: 

Tickets are available at Safeway customer services and Greaves Sports from 4pm Today. First come, first served. 

I had heard that Fine Fare have all the Fans First tickets and are selling them as Yellow Label items! 😂

As an 11 pointer who was off tomorrow but will be working on Friday I have all but given up on getting any tickets now. I definitely won’t be paying for the Cat 1 tickets.

I am still planning to go to Germany, but it will be doubling as our family holiday now.

I think the problem probably stems from referring to them as 'Loyalty' points. it's a bit emotive. Bonus points would have been better. Or Clarkey Coupons. Or any other novel name that doesn't convey images of sacrifice, honour and blood-letting.

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Attending a fan embassy workshop in Hamburg must be as close to the definition of tragic as you can possibly get. 

Though, he probably thinks it makes him the most loyal of the very loyal people. 

I was over for the Hamburg derby and encountered these type of people in a bar in St Pauli, turned up looking for attention in kilts but getting none :lol:

Edited by itzdrk

27 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I was over for the Hamburg derby and encountered these type of people in a bar in St Pauli, turned up looking for attention in kilts but getting none :lol:

f**k me, you’ve just elevated the level of tragic involved there!

I was reading a post on the TAMB there - the guy was basically saying it’s all about priorities and sacrifices - he has no house, car, wife or kids and doesn’t buy himself any gadgets. 

Fair enough, I’ll never have that level of “sacrifice”, just have the cheap ticket. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

f**k me, you’ve just elevated the level of tragic involved there!

I was reading a post on the TAMB there - the guy was basically saying it’s all about priorities and sacrifices - he has no house, car, wife or kids and doesn’t buy himself any gadgets. 

Fair enough, I’ll never have that level of “sacrifice”, just have the cheap ticket. 

Sounds like he can afford a Cat 1 ticket with all the money he’s saved.

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Well you could actually make a case for saying that those who attend every match are arguably better off than those who pick and choose.

Therefore the high pointers would be generally in a better position to afford the more expensive tickets.

Having enough points entitles you to buy a ticket it doesn't say you can have the cheap ones and I have enough points but I just want a ticket for the 3 games ffs 

Ps I got the cheapest at France 98 I only paid £29 for the opening match and £19 each  for the other 2 if memory serves me correct 🤣

16 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I've certainly heard people told that "you don't wear kilts at home games" by folk of that ilk. 

Looking forward to being shouted at by those elite members for not wearing a kilt. 

4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

ATAC are on the case after being nowhere to be seen when we started getting charged to pick up tickets, the police battering folk in Spain, being kept in at Tbilisi to get pelted with bottles and so on.

https://www.associationoftartanarmyclubs.com/2023/12/06/euro-2024-ticket-sale-fiasco/?fbclid=IwAR30JzsDeWsEL7J742BJL29xboe4-hWAqq1eWnb9pCxS_B5-_MiVcfMUyHs

I told you a Hamish Husband statement was incoming! 😂 

Do I get any additional points as a prize?