Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

1 minute ago, Glen Scotia said:

No one likes a smart arse!!

TBF I'm home before the Hungary game 

Certainly appeared as if there were none for the other two well before 12. Switzerland went earlier. Germany was still showing Cat 1's available at that time but couldn't get them when you tried to buy.

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Haven't actually closed this yet, it's still sitting in the background. It's 30 mins to get in now. I'm assuming it will eventually chuck me out. Not expecting to achieve anything by it. Germany and Swiss games aren't even on the available list now.

I just finished spending half an hour in the sales bit clicking refresh, I don't think any Scotland tickets are still resting in someone's basket.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I just finished spending half an hour in the sales bit clicking refresh, I don't think any Scotland tickets are still resting in someone's basket.

Even Hungary which is still showing a Few Cat 2's left?

Anyone still needing Hungary Cat 2's if so?

Ignore that I'm in now. Not available.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

2 please, but I think they're gone

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm looking for two for Hungary but still got a few mins till I can get back into the site

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

2 please, but I think they're gone

4 minutes ago, ChrisMFCfan1886 said:

I'm looking for two for Hungary but still got a few mins till I can get back into the site

Yeah, fixture isn't even available on the list now. You can force it to list but it says "Full" and you can't select it. I'm just floating around in here but there's nothing much relevant. Munich is a vague possibility for a last 16 if we're 3rd Can still get Prime Seats for that. and for the Q-F that game leads to in Berlin. But you can't get any other potential Scotland game and can't even get the other Q-F's that the Scotland games could route to.

Think I'm just going to close this. Nothing useful for me in it.

I hadn’t managed to get any tickets in the last sale and was due to be having a review with my boss this morning, so unable to log on today.

However my older son was off today so I got him on the job. (He already has tickets for the Swiss and Hungary games with his pals)

He has managed to get one ticket for the Hungary game so my dilemma now is do I take it or give it to my 17 year old son have it?

I have previously seen Scotland in a tournament in Italy in 1990, but will I get the opportunity again?

My youngest son has only ever seen us playing at Hampden. 

Just got in as after 3hrs from 10qm UK time I in the waiting room, Uefa decided to block me (and still have).

Despite emailing them they have not responded.

So used girlfriend's phone with the knowledge that all Scotland tickets would be gone.  Some random matches available at 200 euros each.  No thank you.   I will have a good time with the TA in the fanzones and about town thank you.   

Also taking the flixbus to Zurich and will be in their fanzone in time for their game v Hungary for the experience and staying in a pub that plays traditional music and never been to Zurich. 

If you have not got a ticket, just enjoy!

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I hadn’t managed to get any tickets in the last sale and was due to be having a review with my boss this morning, so unable to log on today.

However my older son was off today so I got him on the job. (He already has tickets for the Swiss and Hungary games with his pals)

He has managed to get one ticket for the Hungary game so my dilemma now is do I take it or give it to my 17 year old son have it?

I have previously seen Scotland in a tournament in Italy in 1990, but will I get the opportunity again?

My youngest son has only ever seen us playing at Hampden. 

Tell him his Mum says he's too young.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Tell him his Mum says he's too young.

She might well say that!
We are all going over regardless and making a two week holiday out of it. He may prefer just going to the fanzone or a bar with his other brother anyway. 

For the young whipper-snappers who've never been to a tournament before and are going without any tickets - we went to France 98 without any tickets and had a great time at the big screens in St Denis and Bordeaux. In some ways it's more fun than being in the stadium, especially compared with tickets in neutral areas, because you're packed in with Scotland fans instead of sitting between a couple from Tennessee who got their tickets from Coca Cola and to whom you're just colourful background, and opposition fans going wild as their team hammers us.

The 7 minutes between John Collins' goal against Brazil and half time were unforgettable.

We got black market tickets outside the ground in St Etienne for £100 each. Not the best money I've ever spent.

Posted (edited)

So been researching. By miles the most reasonable flights I can find with least hassle are Ryanair 6:20am on the saturday to Karlsruhe, returning Monday lunchtime for £240 or so each. Would intend to stay in Stuttgart. Looks like nice but not luxury standard hotels (Premier Inns or Holiday Inns) will be about £250 to £300 per night while there.

Regular trains between Karlsruhe and Stuttgart for about £25 each.

Thoughts anyone? Couldnt see much better without basically flying into a different country and getting a cross border train. 

Edit - direct flights too which is unusual. Most flights to Stuttgart or Karlsruhe needed a stopover somewhere.

21 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thoughts anyone?

Jump at it! The Ryanair prices will rise (they will anyway if you add bags and want to guarantee sitting next to your son.) Early start but it gives you a full day to get your bearings and watch Saturday's games in a fanzone. There's a lot to be said for direct flights and avoiding the hassle of changeover, either between flights or between airport and train(s)

You might find cheaper hotels, but if you're willing to pay that for a Premier Inn then you know you're getting a comfortable and reliable place to stay, whereas a cheap local could be a bargain, or a risk.

Well done on getting the tickets, delighted for you and the (now rather big) wee man!

37 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

So been researching. By miles the most reasonable flights I can find with least hassle are Ryanair 6:20am on the saturday to Karlsruhe, returning Monday lunchtime for £240 or so each. Would intend to stay in Stuttgart. Looks like nice but not luxury standard hotels (Premier Inns or Holiday Inns) will be about £250 to £300 per night while there.

Thoughts anyone? Couldnt see much better without basically flying into a different country and getting a cross border train. 

Edit - direct flights too which is unusual. Most flights to Stuttgart or Karlsruhe needed a stopover somewhere.

Ryanair only put the flights to Memningen, Cologne and Karlsruhe on their website yesterday so a case of perfect and fortuitous timing for you.

As for me, I was busy this morning and afternoon. Tried to get in anyway but got hit with the blank Captcha image that loads of people are reporting. Had to rely on friends and one managed to get tickets for Turkey v Georgia in Dortmund. Delighted to be going to a game, especially in that stadium.

9 hours ago, bairn88 said:

If you can't work from home in front of a computer you're fucked, which doesn't seem right. 

Agreed. I wish the tickets were released at a more convenient time, or at least with more notice to allow people to make plans. I have been really lucky/have done really well getting tickets to hugely in demand gigs in various countries over the last few years, largely due to the timing of the sales and being able to manipulate my schedule to buy them, but have had no luck at all with these Euros sales windows.

49 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Have you looked at booking.com? If you put those dates in and sort it by lowest price there are still some pretty good deals going. Granted they are all quite far out of the centre of town but I’m sure it would still work out a hell of a lot cheaper than £500/£600 for a premier inn type place. The review ratings on them look pretty solid too so it’s not like it’s a total dump of a place.

35 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

Jump at it! The Ryanair prices will rise (they will anyway if you add bags and want to guarantee sitting next to your son.) Early start but it gives you a full day to get your bearings and watch Saturday's games in a fanzone. There's a lot to be said for direct flights and avoiding the hassle of changeover, either between flights or between airport and train(s)

You might find cheaper hotels, but if you're willing to pay that for a Premier Inn then you know you're getting a comfortable and reliable place to stay, whereas a cheap local could be a bargain, or a risk.

Well done on getting the tickets, delighted for you and the (now rather big) wee man!

Thanks. Might just stick thr pc on and book the flights then. My best mate lives next to Edinburgh Airport too so can leave the car on his drive and he'll take us to the airport. No parking charges.

1 hour ago, DG.Roma said:

Booked the flights. Not booked the hotels yet but I likely will. I'm not sure how much cheaper we'll get hotels in Stuttgart itself and I would rather stay there for the atmosphere on the Saturday night and for the ease of getting back to our hotel after a 9pm match on the Sunday night.

You were right of course that Ryanair hammered me for another £27 each for the right to make sure we were sat together ((and extra baggage allowance but I don't need that). All in £607 for the two of us. I'll need to look into how we get from Karlsruhe to Stuttgart. Does the free transport on trains thing only work the day of the game?

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Does the free transport on trains thing only work the day of the game?

6am of Matchday to 6pm the following evening, although that’s only on the regional network. Unfortunately the one in Stuttgart doesn’t stray far outside of the city so Karlsruhe won’t be covered. You’re probably better with an ICE train regardless, it’s only about €15.

https://int.bahn.de/en